• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Rang to see where on the list i am..

flowerofshona

They where deciding the next lot of op dates today so i rang to see were i was on the list, no date set yet but looking at end of Feb begining of March, just hope i don't re-gain any of the weight i have lost :sigh:

Funny that I rang today too , was told march / April , but she did ask if I would take cancellation or short notice , obviously I say yes ( your going to get 2 weeks notice anyway to do milk diet )
Stay Here getting support & you will keep the weight at bay x

Good luck to you both :D:D time will soon pass :) If you were to regain any weight, Dawn, you would lose it again as soon as you have a date ... it sure is a great motivator, lol xxx :)

Annoys me so much that they expect us to maintain our 'current weight'. I am terrified of putting even a pound on 'just in case'. Surely, if it were that easy, we'd not need the surgery??

Grrrrr.

Worse when you have lost 49lb and struggled to do it and have to face xmas !

Have lost almost 3 stone myself so far...haven't updated ticker. I am under 28 stone atm.

I lost 3.5stone between appointments but managed to put a stone back on before my surgery date, however, this wasn't a problem as I'd not gone back to or over my initial starting weight. I don't think they'll mind too much as long as you're still below you're original starting weight so don't fret. If it was easy for you to lose weight and maintain weightloss you wouldn't be where you are now and they're well aware of that :)

Don't count on two weeks notice Cheryl, I said I'd take any cancellation dates and I got 7 days notice so my pre-op diet has been cut short by 7 days!!

H xx

I have been told that if I gain more than 5lb they will cancel my surgery:cry:. I am so worried as I have four months to keep this up and it feels like a long long time right now.

Ye that's the hard part :( my second Christmas where I have had to loose weight. It's so hard ! For a year or more you have to be lighter than you were previous appointments. It's just so hard to keep it off for that long, we wouldn't have a weight problem if we could do it. It's alot of work but when I feel like this regularly lol I just think of the end goal and how happy I'm going to be when I have my op, it's a great motivator. It's also nice to come on this site as you no you are not alone and their are people having the same thoughts and going through the same process. It will be so worth it in the end :) x

So true, and I couldn't do it without the support I have online and offline...people can be amazing!

I plan to sensibly get through Xmas & then knuckle down , I have just under 2 weeks of orlistat left so I'll use that to kick start a loss

For me have decided that I will eat what I want Christmas Day but try to stick to my eating plan the other days. Won't beat myself up if I can't but I know I will be gutted if scales show a massive gain after Christmas.

Not big on new years so will probably be back to food plan by the 27th...worse comes to worse, its a week on the milk diet for me!

Back