• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Rant!

zarafa

My apologies beforehand for this, but I need to rant and don't have any other medium. I need to rant because one more person told me how easy I have it because of my surgery, and I'm at a point where I want to tear my hair out because of multiple things.

This surgery is NOT easy, it's NOT a walk in the park. I don't dump, I tolerate chocolate pretty well, and the actual foods that are good for me, make me sick. I can't tolerate chicken or fish, and barely can stomach lamb. On the days I force myself to have them because I don't want the alternative (protein shakes), I mostly end up with my head down a toilet - and not by choice.

In 3 months, I've lost just over 3 stone which is depressing me, because at the moment, I do 7 sessions of high intensity cardio and weight training a week. I lost 2 stone before my operation in a couple of weeks, so a stone a month considering the amount I'm exercising just doesn't cut it. If I was eating crap and exercising the amount I am, I'd still lose the same amount of weight which just makes me feel like this surgery was a waste.

I don't know what the point I started off with was, but that's pretty much my rant over. The people who I haven't told about the surgery who watch how I eat and vomit after think my weight loss is due to bulimia :rolleyes:, and the people who do know tell me repeatedly that it must be nice having the surgery do everything for me. Like the surgery makes my body get up at 7:30am every other day for training independently, whilst I rest and reap the benefits.

Blah.

My apologies beforehand for this, but I need to rant and don't have any other medium. I need to rant because one more person told me how easy I have it because of my surgery, and I'm at a point where I want to tear my hair out because of multiple things.

This surgery is NOT easy, it's NOT a walk in the park. I don't dump, I tolerate chocolate pretty well, and the actual foods that are good for me, make me sick. I can't tolerate chicken or fish, and barely can stomach lamb. On the days I force myself to have them because I don't want the alternative (protein shakes), I mostly end up with my head down a toilet - and not by choice.

In 3 months, I've lost just over 3 stone which is depressing me, because at the moment, I do 7 sessions of high intensity cardio and weight training a week. I lost 2 stone before my operation in a couple of weeks, so a stone a month considering the amount I'm exercising just doesn't cut it. If I was eating crap and exercising the amount I am, I'd still lose the same amount of weight which just makes me feel like this surgery was a waste.

I don't know what the point I started off with was, but that's pretty much my rant over. The people who I haven't told about the surgery who watch how I eat and vomit after think my weight loss is due to bulimia :rolleyes:, and the people who do know tell me repeatedly that it must be nice having the surgery do everything for me. Like the surgery makes my body get up at 7:30am every other day for training independently, whilst I rest and reap the benefits.

Blah.

Firstly only those who haven't had bariatric surgery can say its easy (dosey bugers).
Dont be down hearted by your 3 stone in 3 months weightloss, thats about average.
I do wonder though.......are you eating enough, realistically we have to ensure 1200 calories go in in order for our bodies to let the fat go. Have you tried blending your food? it may help with the sickness.
xxxx

I keep being told am brave to have this op. No not brave choice between a healthier, slimmer, lighter, longer life or eating myself to death as my family has a history of heart disease so prognosis not great that and as arthritis consultant says it's cheaper than 2 new knees and the replacement of them a few times as only 45yrs old.

Zarafa you are not having an easy journey with food, my friend Wendy had that bit tough as well, in fact some days still aren't good for her 12 months out! However, you have lost 3 stone in 3 months and i'm guessing with all your exercising you're gonna have one heck of a toned body that you wouldn't have had by diet alone....

Enjoy your rant, tell all of those who say surgery is easy to get knotted (although to be fair it has been easy for me) and spend a day in your shoes. For those who think your bullimic why don't you tell them you have had surgery and this is the price you pay for your weight loss. You may just find you give people a better understanding of you and your journey....

People who love you accept you for who you are, not what they think you should be...

Alternatively do what i do! I tell everyone about my surgery, i don't ask for an opinion, i just tell em, end of!!!

Like you I had my op due to a mixture of family history and joint / health problems. I know it wont be a walk in the park and as I am in recovery right now, could happily set those who think it is so easy, right. I have read a lot about the various surgeries both on this forum and on many other websites and sometimes you have to go back to liquids or blended food when having a period like this to let you recover then work back up. A pain I know but perhaps better than the sickness which will really take it out of you. 3 stone is a good loss, the pre op diets are very strict and you may not have been able to keep that up for a long period of time. If all else fails, seek advice from your healthcare professional. Best of luck x x x

Hun what are you worried about a stone a month is fantastic, just think 12 months of your life is nothing and 12 stone down would be a massive change.
Be strong and carry on.

BigDave

Hi Zarafa,

Just letting you know I know eactly how you feel. I done the same after my band last June and after several months I had not lost a pound !. The way I had to deal with it in the end was to look at how big my clothes were getting where you tone up.

3 stone is still amazing and I hope it carries on as well for you

Lisa

Thank you all for lending your virtual ears and for the support. I think I may just be very impatient! it took a long time to get to the weight I was, so I can't expect it all to dissapear. I had my 3 month check up today and the doctor was very pleased with how I'm doing, so that kind of put things in perspective.
My surgery's personal to me, and to be honest, the people I haven't told about it, is because I don't want their opinions, but since I don't care about their opinions, I shouldn't really care what they think either. I did something to help myself, and that's all that matters, really.

Back