• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whats your average weekly weight loss post bypass surgery?

tubbyspud

HI all post bypassers,
Im interested to know what your average weekly weight loss is post bypass?????
Im type 1 diabetic so it will never go away sadly and im 15wks post bypass juggling insulin and carbs (yes i do need them with my condition) and my average is 3-4lbs a week so whats your average weekly weightloss???
thanks xxx

HI all post bypassers,
Im interested to know what your average weekly weight loss is post bypass?????
Im type 1 diabetic so it will never go away sadly and im 15wks post bypass juggling insulin and carbs (yes i do need them with my condition) and my average is 3-4lbs a week so whats your average weekly weightloss???
thanks xxx

I am 5 months bypass and i seem all over the place at the moment i seem to have 2 weeks not loosing anything then loosing 10 to 12 pounds in 2 weeks hmmmmmm strange.

mine has been insane 5 kg a week lost 7 stone in under 3 months so over 2 stone a month ... im sure it will slow down soon ..

i was always a quick looser on diets too

My surgeon told me it depends on three factors, size, age and activity. The bigger you are the quicker you lose intitially, the more active you are the quicker you lose and the younger you are the quicker you lose.

I've lost over five stones in nine weeks but expect that to start slowing down very soon because I'm nowhere near as active as I should be. My niece who had her op the week after me, is 20 years younger and very active is losing on average about 10lbs a week at the moment.

I was a real slow starter - but then about 3 weeks ago I lost a stone in a week, last week I lost 12lbs...rest of the time Im stuck! its random - but least its coming off eh? Im 5lbs under losing 4stone in 3 half months x

3 1/2 months down the line and 5stone 6lbs lighter - thought my weight loss had slowed down but last week - 7lbs. I seem to have a week when I lose loads then two weeks when its 2 or 3lbs and then it speeds up again. Bizarre!

Hi Vic

Mine is totally random. many weeks at 2lbs then 5, 4, 4 and now this week it looks like being 1-2 again. However as I'm 55 and inactive I'm learning to live with this slower rate which is fine by me if it keeps coming off

M

I'm almost a year to the day (tomorrow is my op birthday!!) and I'm still losing 1-3lbs a week. Not had a single gain (on my weekly weigh ins) in the whole years so I'm happy! Have the odd week where I stay the same but they are always the weeks when my clothes suddenly go massive lol!

usually about 3-4lbs a week, but some weeks upto 7-8lb!

Lost 6st 2lb since April. :D

I so can't wait to be a loser lol. Well done to you all on your fantastic figures xx

I am 2 weeks and 3 days post op and I've lost 23 pounds plus another 10 with 1 week of pre op diet so total of 33 pounds in 3 weeks and 3 days. On average I'm losing a pound a day I expect it to slow down soon.

Clare x

My weight loss is doing my bloody nut in. I had my surgery on the 10th july and lost 23lb is this normal or am I eating to much mash. G.M
Gail it sounds the same as me, and i'm worried about the mash too:eek::eek:I feel like i'm retaining water too:(

God everyone is doing so brilliantly. Well done everyone. Still 4 weeks to go for me, but I hope I can do as well as the rest of you. xx

I'm averaging about 4 pounds per week over the last 26 weeks, though it would have been much greater in the early weeks following surgery. I lost 55lbs between approval and my operation in February and just over a 100lbs since Feb

Back