• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting for my wls date at walsall manor hosp.

My name is Natalie I am new on here just been Reading through ur blogs I am getting In patient aswell I was referred 2 the manor nov 07 and I got pregnant they said I had to wait till after I had my baby but while I am waiting they will put me on the list they didn't which has really annoyed me but u got good news on Friday my funding has been approved can anyone tell me what's the waiting time like now and what the procedure is now I am having a gastric bypass I don't want to be a nuisance and keep ringing the hospital also I am having my gall bladder removed at the same time as I have gall stones has anybody had that done aswell as I don't know what to expect

speak of the devil and up she pops haha. The waiting time at the moment is 20wks from when you are out onto the waiting list, which is usually after funding. I spoke to dr hartland about my gall bladder removal and he said that as long as its in my notes thats all he needed to know and asked if i could make sure the gp sent the report to him. I will not have to stay in hospital any longer or need any special care different to that of any other bypass patient. I have my preop 27th feb but other than that I cant tell you different to the other posts. Hope this has helped a bit.

Thanxs alot 4 your replys they were really helpful today I got a letter for my pre op which is on 20th march so I suppose it's not to long as long as I don't have another gallstones and pancreatis attack they r awful do u suffer from that terri as well I have had 3attacks in the last two months where I have had to go a and e anyway what happens at the pre ops and iscit true that the surgery is four weeks after coz that's what the manor is saying

Where about in Birmingham is everyone from r we all near by I am in great barr

Hi Natalie, Im in Sutton Coldfield so not too far from you x

And me I have seven big gall stones and they roll which causes my pancreatis attacks but I can't wait to have this surgery but the waiting game is horrible isn't it I got 11 stones to lose it's hard isn't when u try on your own but it seems manor hasn't really got a set procedure for there surgery coz they told me it's 5 wkd after the pre op but today I got a letter saying there's a 17 week wait what's all that about I got myself prepared thinking it was going to be mid April but it's not it will be may it's so frustrating

I got big ones

I know, I've met ya ;)

I'm in Erdington. Born in Longbridge, grew up in Kingstanding.

Come along one and all to the Brum meet! Saturday 28th Feb, 1pm by Nelson's statue in the Bull Ring

And me I have seven big gall stones and they roll which causes my pancreatis attacks but I can't wait to have this surgery but the waiting game is horrible isn't it I got 11 stones to lose it's hard isn't when u try on your own but it seems manor hasn't really got a set procedure for there surgery coz they told me it's 5 wkd after the pre op but today I got a letter saying there's a 17 week wait what's all that about I got myself prepared thinking it was going to be mid April but it's not it will be may it's so frustrating

Euw! Pancreatitis is soooo painful!

17 weeks from pre-op? The standard thus far has been roughly 20 weeks after funding.

Maybe they have had a massive influx?

Do you know where the bull is at the Bull Ring? Keep that to your right and walk between the buildings towards St.Martin's church and the steps to the markets. Nelson's statue is there, by the balcony, next to Selfridge's (the controversial Bubble Wrap building!).

It's a WLS pre- and post-op specific meeting. I am hoping lots of people will come, wannabee losers and losers so we can put names to faces and share our journeys. Ands have a few laughs!

We all live pretty close I use to go to school in Sutton where about in Sutton are u did u use to go arthur terry at all

No I didnt go to school in Sutton. I moved to sutton when I got married, but grew up in Kingstanding. I went to King Edwards in Handsworth.

I live near the reddicap crossroads, sort of between Walmley and Good Hope Hospital

Back