• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Reflection on a Phatgirl's Journey

phatgirl

Posted this in my diary but wanted to share with all you peeps!

Happy Surgeversary to Me!!!!!
:553::553::553:
Well this is my first surgeversary today, and I have to say I am so happy! In some ways it feels like I have always had my little pouch, that we are lifelong friends working together to make me healthy. In other ways it feels like I woke up one day and was a regular size girl, I mean it didn’t feel like that along the way but when I look back it seems so very fast. I have just read through my diary up to my description of my surgery and it feels like yesterday, could 12 months really have passed, could I really have lost 10 STONE?????

The state of me 12 months ago and Me now at 12 months post op:

I was a size 24/26...... I am a size 12 in most things
I weighed 290lbs (20s10)......I weigh 150lbs (10stone10lbs), a weight never seen by me since puberty
I had a morbidly obese BMI of 45.4 .......I have a healthy BMI of 23.5
I was unable to safely consider pregnancy.......I have been cleared to try to get pregnant
I took 2000mg of metformin per day......I have resolved my diabetes (9 months of no meds)
I took 2 types of blood pressure meds........I have resolved my hypertension (4 months with no meds)
Life was a bit gloomy and I felt like crap alot...............Life is wonderful on this side of things

I happily wave to those of you behind me in this journey, it really is that great, just you wait and see. I also want to thank those of you who have shared my journey both going before me and those who have followed behind - you have helped get me to where I am today, so again THANK YOU!!!!

:thankyou::gen126::thankyou::grouphugg:

This is the wonderful start to the rest of my life, the old me completely gone and has been replaced by the brand new me. Even though I have technically lost half of myself I have gained much much more:):):)

Nic:D:D:D:p:p:p;););)

Happy surgiversary Nic!

You are an inspiration to us all and you look absolutly fantastic! x

Wow!
What an uplifting and inspirational post!!
Well done you, I can't wait to join you...
Leanne x

Hi Nic,
Just posted a reply to this on your diary thread - but hey this is a really special day.....So once again....

:)Happy,happy,happy surgiversary

:wow: Congratulations and a BIG thank you for writing this, it's exactly what I need to read right now :D

Can I ask whether you had a choice over band or bypass and, if so, what made you choose? ... or did your lifestyle/eating habits dictate that you would benefit more from a bypass? I'm struggling to decide which would be better for me right now.

When I get a moment I'll go look for your diary and have a read through it as I should imagine it will answer many of my questions in there. Well done you!!!! :happy096:

Happy happy happy happy happy surgiversary!

Happy Surgiversary Nic

I can only imagine and dream of how you are feeling today (and everyday) since having the op. If I have achieved as much as you have in the first year after surgery, I would be over the moon.

You have worked hard at it. You deserve the reap the rewards, you look absolutely gorgeous

Xx

Wow, congratulations! Whenever I saw your posts in the forum I always pause to look at your before and after pictures. You look fantastic and I love the photo of you and your husband in your old clothes :). You really are an inspiration for those at the start of the road :).

Ah my lovely friend. I'm so proud of you.

Nic you continue to be a huge source of inspiration for the many miniminers following in your footsteps. Seeing your stats written down like that give me some idea of what I could also achieve if I work with my bypass in the same way that you have as you know our starting stats were the same.

Enjoy today Nic. You deserve it.

Happy surgiversary Phatgirl!Please change your name to Slimgirl and stop telling fibs you are no longer a fatgirl!!!

Happy Surgiversary and many congratulations on the results, Nic! You are a wonderful inspiration! I read your reflections with a tear in my eye.

I am sure you are celebrating with one of your famous, delicious cakes!

Girl, you sure are phat!

Lx

Happy Surgiversary hun:DYou have done fantastically well, and look fantastic:DI'm sooo happy for you;):D

I hope you don't mind me commenting on your post, I'm an intruder from another forum!

You look absolutely fabulous, stunning. I loved reading your post. Your story and how you life has changed is inspirational. Thank you for sharing!

I just love that picture of you and your Hubby in your 'fat' outfit! Hilarious!

Happy Surgerversity!

happy surgerversary hun well done you i cant wiat till i am where you are now im getin me op on the 16th of nov and i cant wait hehehe

Back