• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Regency hospital macclesfield, anyone been?

candie

fabby not flabby :)
Hi
My PCT has agreed to fund me for a gastric band, and the doc has written to the regency in macclesfield.Has anyone had their band done there, and how long did you have to wait for the op?:):)

Hi Candie,

I had my bypass done there, see my thread 'My bypass diary, 16th July Regency Macclesfield' for the full info. I was referred to Mr Brough once funding had been granted. Funding approved January, first appointment April, surgery July.

Which PCT are you under out of interest?

By the way, welcome to Mini's, and congratulations on getting your funding.

Hi
My PCT has agreed to fund me for a gastric band, and the doc has written to the regency in macclesfield.Has anyone had their band done there, and how long did you have to wait for the op?:):)

Hi Candie welcome to minis. I have just had funding approved for the regency my request for an appointment was sent last week....what area are you in? I live in preston.....xx

Hi Shel and Charlie, thanks for the warm welcome:):)I live in Preston too Charlie!!!:eek::eek:Are you having a band or a bypass?I want the band, as I can't deal with major surgery at the mo:eek:

Hi Candie, I am having the bypass...its so good to have someone from Preston going through the same things as me!!! When did you find out about your funding? Mine went to an extra sitting of the PCT a week last friday so my GP has only sent off the referral to the hospital on wednesday of last week.....xx

I went to my docs in july, and only found out they would fund me last month.I'm waiting for the consultant to reply to my docs letter now.I hope they do bands as well as bypasses there:confused:

Dont panic they do.....my GP applied in June and I only found out the other week as they advised me to undertake two years weight management first. I have been to see a surgeon already (not sure if you have read any of my other posts) I was all geared up ready to go when I was told funding approved but need to attend and see surgeons etc at the regency. I was gutted to say the least. Have now resigned myself to the fact this is where its going to be, but I still worry that he will disagree with the first surgeon or that something will crop up to prevent me having the op, I suppose its human nature to worry that something will go wrong when you want something so badly....xx

Omg why dya have to have 2 years weight management?!!!:eek::eek::eek:By that time i'll have lost the will to live:mad::mad:Have you a lot of weight to lose?I have but didn't realise the wait would be that long:cry:BTW I can't get my avatar loaded:rolleyes:

Candie dont panic, that was the PCT's first recommendation but my GP and I supplied more information and its now been approved. You need to post 50 posts before you can start to add a photo or send private messages etc. I have around 7 stone to lose 6 and I would be happy....please dont panic, you have been approved for funding so you meet the criteria. How much do you have to lose? do you have co morbidities ie high blood pressure, sleep apnea etc...xx

Thanks for the info charlie and shel.yea I also have asthma n high bp as well as depression.I sound like a right sorry duck don't I :p:pI could prob do to lose about 10 stone:eek::eek:

Hey that's why we are all here. Have you been told how long you are likely to wait for the op? I would be interested in comparing notes as we are around the same stage and the same area, its so good to have someone local going through this...xx

No the doc didn't give me a time frame, but tbh i've got so much other stuff going on at the mo she didn't get chance;)

Hi Charlie, just got my 1st appointment with Mr Brough for a week before Xmas.Have you heard anything yet?:eek:

Hi Charlie, just got my 1st appointment with Mr Brough for a week before Xmas.Have you heard anything yet?:eek:

Hi not long after my last post I was able to choose the Spire in manchester and I had my bypass on 8 November...it all happened very quick....I am just over three weeks passed surgery...xx

Gosh that was quick, how you doing hun?:)

Gosh that was quick, how you doing hun?:)

I'm fine lost 19lb in 21 days so thats enough to make anyone happy lol....very tired at the moment as back at work after having been off for 12 weeks with the surgery right at the end of that time so it was a shock to my system to get up at 5.15am yesterday and today thankfully got two days off now....I have not had any pain and did not need any morphine in hospital and only really took pain killers afterwards when I got a headache. You will be fine with the band and will soon be up and about....xx

That's a fantastic weight loss, well done:)I bet you're buzzing!!I'm too scared to have the bypass, so am going for the band:eek:

Back