• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Regret is starting to creep in.

Hope you had a great day in Glastonbury, as for the weight gain, I agree with everything the others have said. Relax make sure the protein & fluids are kept up & your body will give up & accept the new regime & let the weight go.
Hugs & chin up hun things are going to be ok.

Chin up Fuffs. I'm sure it will get better hun- and the end prize will be worth it.
xxx

Oh Sophie I do feel for you. It is disheartening to think of the things we didn't eat, and still gain weight / stay the same.
Everyone else has already said the useful stuff; get a hug from your boys and chill after your day at Glastonbury.

I lost weight for the first 6 weeks then not an ounce for the next 5!! I was really down about this and upped the protein and ate chicken, tuna, prawns and sliced roast beef at every meal. Following week i had lost and have lost a bit every week since. Keep the exercice gentle for next week and plenty of protein and squash. Your getting your weight stall early on, thats ok your getting it out the way.
You can fluctuate by 5lbs during the TOTM so i wouldnt take much notice of that 2lb gain.

Kim

Hey Soph,

You should have texted me, we could of had a chat, no one needs to suffer in silence.

Don't get disheartened, its early days, and like others say your exercise is probably at the core of the problem.

Keep your chin up and more importantly, keep in touch, you are doing so well.

Hi Fuffs, since I joined this thread a few weeks ago I have read lots of your posts, with many of them supporting others. Now, it's time for you to be supported and you have, as far as I have seen, come to the right place. You all seem like a lovely bunch of people.

I agree with what everyone else has said, you just have to be patient. It WILL happen!!

Just remember how much more food your body was used to having. It now thinks there is a famine on and has slowed everything down to conserve it's stores. But eventually it will have to use that store, and you may get a sudden big loss.

Just like we all store our extra pounds differently, we all lose it differently. Chin up and keep up the good work.

Tessy...x

Sorry you feel so disheartend, but as Chrisa said weight fluctuates all the time despite having surgery. I had my op January this year I have been weighed once and that was January 27th but you know what? I have gone from a size 28 to a size 20 since 10th Jan so I know its coming off!! have my next weigh in May 17th looking forward to it cos I know the dress sizes dont drop for nothing. Enjoy the journey and relax you waited long enough xx

I clicked thanks for everyone because you are all awesome and a wonderful support.

I do drink a lot, but will up it and am going to strip back to protein and veg. That feels right.

I do my food diary on the bypass menu thread on here.

Thanks for all the amazing support. I have had a limp in my throat. Even with the tellings off lol

I want to be patient and would have dealt much better with a sts. But like you have all said, this can happen early on.

Twink I have been wondering if they did cut my skin and glue it with no bypass lol. I wish I had not told friends and family. I feel embarrassed at my lack of loss. And my nan is telling people still I am not doing well.

Well, today I am happy. An NSV is that I managed to do the long walk and climb to Glastonbury Tor. It was hard going. But, I manged it! April last year I would cry with pain walking to the school. So, this felt like managing Everest to me lol

Plus, got lots of compliments from friends I haven't seen for ages :D

So yes, the scales peed me off. But proud of myself on how well I did today. Walked around Glastonbury for hours. My fitness is so much better than last year. Happy days!! Xxx

Last edited:
Wrote all that through the start of what feels like a gallstone attack. But last ate on the coach back.

Just taken painkillers for my tooth 30 mins ago and now buscopan to stop my gallbladder spasms :(

I am a Raggy doll lol.

Oh Lordy Lordy, you my gal have oodles of inner strength and it's about time you started using it on yourself. So you've had an itsey bitsey gain, so what. Thats what your body does to you, you already know it's TOM, you already know you retain water and you know these both cause you to gain. But more importantly you know you loose these. Now I'm sure I've told you this before and I've seen it reiterated in this thread, look at your 6 week average and if that continues to go down your on a winner., your head is playing games, all you have to do is win!

WobblyW said:
Oh Lordy Lordy, you my gal have oodles of inner strength and it's about time you started using it on yourself. So you've had an itsey bitsey gain, so what. Thats what your body does to you, you already know it's TOM, you already know you retain water and you know these both cause you to gain. But more importantly you know you loose these. Now I'm sure I've told you this before and I've seen it reiterated in this thread, look at your 6 week average and if that continues to go down your on a winner., your head is playing games, all you have to do is win!

Babes, its that my totm was 2 weeks ago with a gain. Then another one so soon. Once I month I could half cope with lol

I have no choice but to be patient. Can't take the bypass back lol. So gotta trust it.

Gallstones are now calming a little. Had to drink two double teabag cups of peppermint tea. What a nasty pain it is. Not been symptomatic for a while.

I clicked thanks for everyone because you are all awesome and a wonderful support.

I do drink a lot, but will up it and am going to strip back to protein and veg. That feels right.

I do my food diary on the bypass menu thread on here.

Thanks for all the amazing support. I have had a limp in my throat. Even with the tellings off lol

I want to be patient and would have dealt much better with a sts. But like you have all said, this can happen early on.

Twink I have been wondering if they did cut my skin and glue it with no bypass lol. I wish I had not told friends and family. I feel embarrassed at my lack of loss. And my nan is telling people still I am not doing well.

Well, today I am happy. An NSV is that I managed to do the long walk and climb to Glastonbury Tor. It was hard going. But, I manged it! April last year I would cry with pain walking to the school. So, this felt like managing Everest to me lol

Plus, got lots of compliments from friends I haven't seen for ages :D

So yes, the scales peed me off. But proud of myself on how well I did today. Walked around Glastonbury for hours. My fitness is so much better than last year. Happy days!! Xxx

Normal Sophie service resumed :D
Glad you have had a lovely exercisy day ... get those endorphins working, chick :) Sounds like you have your wobble under control now. Sooo sorry you are not feeling well ... gall bladder pain must be awful & tooth pain too ... now that seems like overkill, babes :wave_cry: Hope you have a good sleep & feel like a new woman in the morning, mwah xxx :):)

Thanks Denise. I will try to stay wobble free for a bit lol

Wrote all that through the start of what feels like a gallstone attack. But last ate on the coach back.

Just taken painkillers for my tooth 30 mins ago and now buscopan to stop my gallbladder spasms :(

I am a Raggy doll lol.
DID THEY not remove your gallbladder? i cant believe that!! its a well known fact that rapid weightloss... which you HAVE HAD lady!! whether you acknowledge that or not (tuttut) gives you gallstones. you poor thing, i had mine out 9 years ago. and remember that pain oh so well\!!
GOING BACK TO YOUR WEIGHTLOSS STALL. Sophie, look at the bigger picture my lovely, you look blinkin AMAZING! and remember we are doing this for QUALITY of life, not just aeshthetics! you are fitter, healthier... well kinda! and there is a light at the end of the tunnel...all be it a long tunnel! im a daily weigher. but when i have my Op. I am cutting that down, for sure. NEVER regret ....when life presents you with a LEMON.... make 'lemonade'. remember what happened to me in January, and i said i would make this time work for me. well i have lost over 3 stone in the 4 months i have been waiting. Sophie you ARE and continue to be, an inspiration.... dont you dare regret a thing xxxx

kate thomson said:
DID THEY not remove your gallbladder? i cant believe that!! its a well known fact that rapid weightloss... which you HAVE HAD lady!! whether you acknowledge that or not (tuttut) gives you gallstones. you poor thing, i had mine out 9 years ago. and remember that pain oh so well\!!
GOING BACK TO YOUR WEIGHTLOSS STALL. Sophie, look at the bigger picture my lovely, you look blinkin AMAZING! and remember we are doing this for QUALITY of life, not just aeshthetics! you are fitter, healthier... well kinda! and there is a light at the end of the tunnel...all be it a long tunnel! im a daily weigher. but when i have my Op. I am cutting that down, for sure. NEVER regret ....when life presents you with a LEMON.... make 'lemonade'. remember what happened to me in January, and i said i would make this time work for me. well i have lost over 3 stone in the 4 months i have been waiting. Sophie you ARE and continue to be, an inspiration.... dont you dare regret a thing xxxx

I am really trying to not regret anything in life. Just learn from it. But I posted yesterday straight after seeing the weight gain. It upset me a lot. I am usually a daily weigher and hadn't weighed in 6 days. I trusted myself and my pouch instead. And had a gain. So that's what hit me.

With my bulimic tendencies I have a very bad relationship with food. So if it looks like I am failing it triggers all the old thoughts. So it becomes more about me fighting my own demons, than about a couple of pounds on the scales.

I worked hard pre op to prepare my mind. But nothing could have prepared me for how much of a battering my head and emotions have taken in the last 6 weeks. It's stunned me to be honest.

I have had gallstone attacks since 2003. But wasn't diagnosed until 2009. The surgeon said he didn't want to put me through too much at once. So gallbladder and hernia repair will be when I am under 17st. Didn't seem like too long away when he said it. But with this weight loss progress it could take until 2013!

Well done with your weight loss Kate! You have done brilliantly!! Just a few days to go :D

Right missus some straight talking for you!
1 you are not healed/functioning inside yet.
2 you are only 6 weeks.
3 you are not eating properly yet.
4 your hormones are ballsing things up.
5 your bulimic head is nagging you.
6 everyone has the same doubts.
7 THROW THE BLOODY SCALES AWAY!!!
Hun only weigh when you go to the hospital,relax and take your time to get used to this new way of life,its very overwhelming for the first few months but I promise you the weight will drop off,it has to you are not eating anything like you did.Your restriction really kicks in soon and then you will have to deal with vomiting if food gets stuck etc.You will do it and in 6 months YOU will be reassuring someone else.
I went through everything you have and Im now 7 st down size 14 and loving my healthy/active life.Eating steak and chips(4oz steak and four chips!)Love and hugs!Maz x

I appreciate every word Maz. I hope my story will work out positive. Maybe my logical mind will kick in.

But this morning my old can't leave the bedroom depression has kicked in and can't think in any logical way.

I will try my hardest though. Just need to stop crying :(

Just found this post on another forum and it contains all I am beginning to feel:

"Eating Disorder after Gastric Bypass Surgery
I recently had very much needed gastric bypass surgery. Although I know the surgery is only a tool and not a fix all, I was very hopeful that this would be the start of my new healthy life. What I wasn't prepared for were my old thoughts from when I was bulimic (almost 10 years ago). Although I had gained a lot of weight since my bulimia I still believed that I had an eating disorder just a binge eating disorder. Before my surgery any time I would try to diet I would swing from one extreme to the other (one side being eating anything and everything and the other side being extrememly restrictive). I truely thought that I had conquered this issue and that it wouldn't be a problem after surgery because I would naturally be eating very small portions so I would not feel like I had to restrict. Wrong!!! I am already only eating a third of what I am supposed to be eating and still feel like that is too many calories.

I'm not sure how to challenge my thoughts. They are the exact same thoughts I have had any other time I have tried to diet. Those thoughts being "you need to eat less", "you're getting too many calories", "that is a bad food" ect. I feel like a failure for not being able to conquer these feelings despite being 10 years older than when my bulimia started and also I have received help from at least 2 differenct therapist for this issue..."

So, now I know that it can happen to others, I will go to my GP and see if I can have a fast track referral to the counsellor. And not the usual 6 weeks mininmum wait.

Thank you for everyones help and advice. Really nice for you all to take the time to try to help me xxx

CCPM just posted in my diary and finally its all clicked and I can feel my determination kick back in.

Thank you everyone. I feel blessed to have all your support and caring xxx

Back