• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Regrets

emmakc

I had my surgery on Friday and I'm feeling really down. I wish I hadn't done this:cry:

I knew I'd only be on 125ml of liquid an hour but I guess I didn't really think about it. Every time I sip I get gas sounds and I feel really miserable. Did everyone feel like this.

I know there's no point - hubby rightly said I can't go back now but I can't believe I was so stupid to do this to myself

Awww Emma, it's pretty normal to feel down :( but once weight starts falling off and you look great, you will be so happy you did it, really! Hope you feel better soon honey :) x

from me phone :D

You emotions are all over the place just after the surgery. Everyone feels the same, bruised physically and mentally. Just give your self time to recover. The sounds and things with your tummy are normal too. The first 2 weeks are the worst, then things are a bit better gradually improving over the weeks until you feel completely your self at around 8 weeks - well that was the case for me. I had quite a rough time of it so some people feel 100% before that. You can't know if you will regret this yet as you've not had time to adjust to your new body, it's got to learn a whole new way processing your intake now. It takes a while, by the time your body adjusts to that you will be losing enough weight that you won't be having any regrets I'm sure. So like I say, give you self a break, take the time to recover as much as possible and expect the emotions. You've been through a big thing and time is the only thing that will heal your body and mind. Best of luck, you will get there :) x

I felt absolutely rank afterwards and as Shelley Marie said for about the first fortnight. I'm almost 4 weeks post-op now, I've lost 2 stone, I can drink pretty much normally (i.e. not sipping) and while food is still dull and unappealing, I do feel lots better. Don't expect too much for the first wee bit, you've got to heal, sleep, and just chill. It does improve!

Everything you are feeling is so normal. i shed quite a few tears after my surgery but mainly because i was so angry that i got myself to the point of having to do something so drastic! however, it does get better, so much better and soon you will love your bypass as the weight melts away and your energy levels go up. just relax, take it easy , and keep in mind how you will feel in 6/12 months time when you feel like a different woman! xxx

Thanks ladies it's so hard to see past hourly small drinks and if I dont sip it hurts. I'm trying to keep reminding myself that I wanted this surgery

Hiya emma, iv got this all to come too as I'm goin in on the 8th October for bypass, feeling like iv got mixed emotions.. Maybe we can give each other some support.. All will feel better soon I'm sure xx

Likewise I have my op 15th oct.with all the good and bad threads on here,at least we go into this with our eyes wide open,and pretty well informed.

Hi emma!! All I can say is that it does get better with time. Your reactions are perfectly normal, I think most of us felt the same way. You need to time to adjust physically and emotionally to the surgery. The first couple of weeks aren't particularly pleasant, but it will get better and once that weight starts coming off you will put up with it all gladly I'll bet..
Chin up! You aren't alone and we are all here to support you. xxx

I promise it gets better. Keep taking paracetamol and get a hot water bottle on your tum. The gurgling noises went after about 2 weeks for me. I can now drink a large cup of tea while it's still hot! For the first time since my op I had my huge cath kidston mug and all was fine. Rest up and take it slowly x

Honestly hun its totally normal i say go read all my first post they are exactly the same. To be honest my doubts have not left me yet :( unfortunatly but like your husband said there is nothing that can be done now i feel much better now about it but i do feel ive not got the result i would have like but the doctor explained this would be down to my PCOS but im working my ass off to get the final 2.5 stone off. good luck and be kind to yourself its a scary...exciting journey your on and your sore and the drugs make you emotional etc take care x

Its those first few days that are unpleasant but honestly it goes and you will start to feel better and better.

I had my op in June so it was hot and horrible I wasn't allowed to drink for the first 24 hours, and then the sipping was a nuisance. It is so much better now and I actually feel normal and can do normal things just not eat as much.Its fine in the end!!!

Yes you are voicing what most of us have thought, even if we didn't have the courage to say it out loud like you have. That make syou brave in my book, our biggest fear is what if iot doesn't work, n what if we fail? Its a human reaction when our body is feeling used n abused you will see when you get your head round this new eating regime, you'll be like the rest of us wondering why you never did it sooner. xx Chin up xx

You will suddenly realise in a few days you've stopped feeling this bad and then will start looking forward xx as everyone says once the weight start coming off and you manage to sleep better you will not regret it xx take care and we all look forward to hearing how good you feel very soon :)

Please tell me that eventually I will be able to drink and eat normally. I mean not having to sip and getting pain if u take too big a mouthful and not have to chew every mouthful until it is liquid before swallowing. I don't mind not being able to eat certain food or drink, I just want to be able to physically eat and drink normally!

I'm sorry for being such a downer.

No thats quite alright luvva, thats how most of us have felt at times, yes of course you will, just not in the portion sizes we used to. drinks will be ok you will eventualy be able to have a full cuppa tea, and have [roper meals just thye will fit on a tea plate, I had meals from the word go, just very small ones, just get a pen n paper n get some menu plans down on paper, for ideas n get yourself focussed, yiou will get there, one day you will get up n think of i had no pain last night with my tea thats how it happens, you dont realise its gone till you look back n it will happen, body is in scared mode. xx

Hi
I'm 2 years post op having a bypass..
It WILL get better I promise,it takes just takes time,take one day at a time.
I cryed many times in the early days knowing I had to resort to drastic measures to loose the weight.
Don't rush your food stages and sip as much as possible even though its hard at the minute.
It's worth it in the end x

Thanks for all your replies. I'm much more positive now although at the moment I'm
Still kinda regretting my decision (too late now)!

It's very hard for example waking up thirsty in the middle of the night and having to sip a glass of water - hopefully this won't be for too long

I also get a tightness under my ribs like a band of rubber being stretched kinda like a too tight bra or being pregnant which is quite uncomfortable.

I don't think you can prepare yourself preop for what it's actually like when making this life changing decision

Hopefully in a few months I will love it and will be referring others to this post!

emmakc said:
Thanks for all your replies. I'm much more positive now although at the moment I'm
Still kinda regretting my decision (too late now)!

It's very hard for example waking up thirsty in the middle of the night and having to sip a glass of water - hopefully this won't be for too long

I also get a tightness under my ribs like a band of rubber being stretched kinda like a too tight bra or being pregnant which is quite uncomfortable.

I don't think you can prepare yourself preop for what it's actually like when making this life changing decision

Hopefully in a few months I will love it and will be referring others to this post!

Just a little tip from me, get yourself a sports bottle and keep it at the side of your bedside.
That way you sip,and getting enough fluids.

Back