• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

REJECTED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your input guys. Unfortunately my PCT don't follow the NICE guidelines they've made up their own !!

I rang my docs secretary today (which was a job and a half getting hold of her) to ask if I could have a copy of my very first referral letter done by the GP. Low and bloody behold - the idiot has not mentioned the word "surgery" once. He just says tham I am desperate to lose weight and lists the slimming clubs/drugs ect and asks for their input :confused: ???? I could give them piggin diet advice. I had spent hours and hours on the internet researching surgery - what a total pillock.
I have made a double appointment with another doctor who is really nice so I'll see if he can do better (can't do any worse surely). He's got to do a letter to the EUR for me.

I also rang PALS who gave me the number of a lady who deals with commissioning to get her advice. She was very nice and asked me to send her a copy of my appeal to put it with the docs when he does his. I kept trying to impress on her that if I'd had funding requested in very early 2010, I would have easily been within the criteria but with that idiot referring me, now I know why.

I am so worried now that this will go against me. She also asked me if I definitely fit the criteria in 2009 as they didn't follow NICE guidelines then. I said absolutely yes - then afterwards I started questionning myself. What if I was wong. I am sure I wasn't but I don't know for sure and I can't find anything on the net that gives the commissioning criteria for Stockport prior to March 2010. Sod it all, its all going to go pear shape I just know it.

Thanks anyway you loveley people

Jane x

My sympathies, no one deserves to go through this much hassle to get the help and support they need. I hop ethings work out for you soon and the new GP can pull something out of the hat to get you the funding you deserve.

Thanks for your input guys. Unfortunately my PCT don't follow the NICE guidelines they've made up their own !!

I rang my docs secretary today (which was a job and a half getting hold of her) to ask if I could have a copy of my very first referral letter done by the GP. Low and bloody behold - the idiot has not mentioned the word "surgery" once. He just says tham I am desperate to lose weight and lists the slimming clubs/drugs ect and asks for their input :confused: ???? I could give them piggin diet advice. I had spent hours and hours on the internet researching surgery - what a total pillock.
I have made a double appointment with another doctor who is really nice so I'll see if he can do better (can't do any worse surely). He's got to do a letter to the EUR for me.

I also rang PALS who gave me the number of a lady who deals with commissioning to get her advice. She was very nice and asked me to send her a copy of my appeal to put it with the docs when he does his. I kept trying to impress on her that if I'd had funding requested in very early 2010, I would have easily been within the criteria but with that idiot referring me, now I know why.

I am so worried now that this will go against me. She also asked me if I definitely fit the criteria in 2009 as they didn't follow NICE guidelines then. I said absolutely yes - then afterwards I started questionning myself. What if I was wong. I am sure I wasn't but I don't know for sure and I can't find anything on the net that gives the commissioning criteria for Stockport prior to March 2010. Sod it all, its all going to go pear shape I just know it.

Thanks anyway you loveley people

Jane x

your doctor defo sounds like a numpty from what youv'e said and it would be un-ethical that they don't take your application seriously because of his human error, maybe it will now swing in your favour being the amount of people that sound like their on board xx stop doubting yourself re the 2009 criteria because like you say if not anything to lose say yes yes yes i was!! all the time x hope to hear better news from you soon xxx

I've sent a letter off today to this lady who is the Commissioning Support Manager and enclosed copies of all info sent to my appeal. She will put it with the letter that the doctor will eventually do for me but I don'e see him until 9th June as earliest could get double appointment.

I am not sure, given her title, that I will get anywhere but got to give it a go.

jane x

Will keep everything crossed for some positive news x

Just read this, i do hope you get this all sorted...DON'T GIVE UP, it's your life not theirs. Take it as far as you can...what about involving your MP? x

Thanks you guys. I am trying to save something for my 4th appeal. If I use everything up at once I've nowhere to go. I will definitely get the info on my MP to have at hand.

Jane xx

I wonder sometimes if its luck of the draw...sorry not helpful at all but...

I asked for help to loose weight because of pain...after testing they found i had type 2 diabetes and high cholestrol.. news to me and i am definately still in denial about these factors. I was more frustrated that the drs couldnt/still dont see my weight as a side effect of the pain/previous injuries rather than my back/knee problems being affects of obesity (although this is obviously a contributor now)

I initially went to my dr and the first thing i said was 'i dont want surgery' but i need help. This was nearly 2 years ago

My first appt with the weight loss team (in liverpool) was october 2009. I received a letter in october 2010 saying my funding ...that i didnt request, was approved. Since then i had heard nothing until a few days ago offering me a pre-consultation appt

I empathise with your situation and frustration about not being heard I wish i had an answer for you but it truly does seem like a post code and /or 'the panel you get' lottery

You know your body and your limitations better than anyone so dont give up. Good luck

It sounds as if you are having a terrible time.. Out of interest have you asked them to tell you exactly why they came to their decision and how? I would certainly say it is effecting you now with depression at least just by reading the thread, explain to your new GP that the constant rejection is effecting your life.. Make sure they understand you know it isn't 'quick fix' surgery and you are fully aware of all risks, but the surgery out weighs the risk of constant rejection has on your mental health, self confidence & self esteem. I really know how it feels to be rejected by society ( work related). they may send you to psychiatry but you can then explain everything the hospital has put you through and how you feel they may support your surgery....everyone is different, they should be treating us as individuals not by an NHS number!...don't give up... Good luck xx

I can only wish you the very best oin your continued fight for the surgery you deserve. I do hope your next appeal is successful and you get some human decency and common sense this time.

Back