• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

REVERSAL RNY GASTRIC BYPASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know about RNY GASTRIC BYPASS complete REVERSAL?

I'm seeing my Surgeon on 8th Sept to request one.

Been living with severe diarrhea and stomach pain for almost 10 weeks now.

I would never recommend this operation to anybody.

If you're thinking about having one..... Don't do it. It's just not worth it. :-(

I'm 40, female, Australia.

Email: [email protected]

I'm sorry things haven't gone well for you since your op. I'm 12 weeks out now, and apart from a couple of minor issues, I haven't had many problems, and can safely say the op is the best thing I could have done.
Everyone's experience is different.
Can't say I've heard of a reversal at all. Have your team looked at what could be causing your problems?
xXx

I don't know of anyone who had a reversal but maybe it can be done?
Sorry you are suffering. I saw your other threads and hoped the bowel and sickness problems could be fixed differently. Surely there is something wrong there? You shouldn't be having diarrhoea once you're on soft foods and eating a more varied diet.
Good luck.

Hiya, really sorry to hear about your problems. It is early days yet, and don't be surprised if your surgeon suggests looking at other options before considering a reversal. Reversal is, I understand from my pre-op research,very rare and only done in extreme cases. It is a much bigger operation than the bypass itself and as such carries more risks.
You will also need to establish that the problem is actually a result of the bypass and not another underlying condition, as a reversal would not remedy that.
if you haven't done so already perhaps you could book into to see your general practitioner as a matter of urgency rather than wait another week in such discomfort.
Hope you feel better soon.

Does anybody know about RNY GASTRIC BYPASS complete REVERSAL?

I'm seeing my Surgeon on 8th Sept to request one.

Been living with severe diarrhea and stomach pain for almost 10 weeks now.

I would never recommend this operation to anybody.

If you're thinking about having one..... Don't do it. It's just not worth it. :-(

I'm 40, female, Australia.

Email: [email protected]

Who are you to tell people not to consider WLS or that it's not worth it?

I am sorry you are having a problem with eating post op but scaremongering such as this is totally out of order. You could well convince people who desperately need WLS to give them a chance of a new healthy life to make the wrong decision.

To anyone who has read this and is now thinking of cancelling or sacking surgery as an option I would say do the research, talk to the professionals, and take a balanced view. For every person who sadly has issues post op there are thousands who don't and who go on to have wonderful new lives. Please don't let one persons bad experience decide your future

Again I truly am sorry that you're having issues and I hope they can fix them for you safely and quickly. Good luck with it.

well said karlos.. everyone is diffo . unfortunately you have problems, maybe you will soon be better ,maybe you not eating right foods etc, maybe its something else,jumping to conclusion its the bypass is huge... try and calm down and when you see the surgeon he can explain the problems in more detail. take care and get well soon. TO ME THE BYPASS IS A LIFE SAVER RECOMEND IT TO ANYONE.. too many good reports on this site to be taken in by one comment .

Telling people not to have wls is bang out of order you are very unlucky to be so poorly but there is always that element of risk in any op i wish you all the luck in the world in getting well asap but its not right to say DONT DO IT.

Mazbrad and Karlos are spot on. Although I'm under the weather today my bypass has brought me many benefits already. My weight is reducing steadily, my knee pain has dissappeared, I'm walking long distances and feeling fitter and better than I have done for years. And I look better too-even though I have a long, long way to go. Everybody's experience is different and we should neither encourage nor deter others from surgery, but just share our experience so that people can research this huge step and come to their own, well informed decision.

Last edited:
I too am really sorry that you are experiencing such discomfort. I have only just begun my journey and don't know when I will have my op, but reading your post did make me wonder if I was doing the right thing and has sewn a seed of doubt in my mind.We all have different stories and our own personal reasons for embarking on this life changing journey, and we join sites like this one to be encouraged, not frightened. Surely you must have researched thoroughly and spoken to others before going ahead. I have read many posts on here and not one person has regretted their decision, even though some experiences have not been plain sailing. I really hope you begin to feel better, and maybe you were just feeling really low, but please don't be so negative about something that hopefully will enable me and many others to begin living again.

well its also made me have a few second thoughts, but at the end of the day people can only comment on their own personal experience, and the poor woman is having a very bad time of it and is regreting the op. I sooo hope you get sorted and gain some significant positive experience from this, bring on the weight loss :hug99:

Hi everyone, I have read all your posts & previous ones by Princess from Oz & admit to having mixed feelings now. Not enough to stop me wanting the op but enough make me really think, which is a shame as I have done little else for 2 years now, having researched the subject to death, & only finding this site has put any remaining demons I had to rest . There are lots of people on here who have their problems & seem to get on with them & cope but this lady really is screaming for help & is not getting it to the point of wanting a reversal. I don't know if this is because the aftercare in OZ is not as good as over here, if she really has another medical condition or that she is one in a million who really cannot cope with the changes the op brings to the body. Either way, it makes very upsetting reading. I have read enough of some of your posts to be able to trust your point of view so am still set on having the op, but hope someone who is not quite as resolved does not let this post put them off. Hope you get help soon, Princess :wave_cry:

I'm so sorry you have had such a rough time and I'm sure what you say is exactly how you feel so you shouldnt be shot down for that. We all come on her to vent! Everyone thinking of having this surgery needs to hear the bad as well as the good but thankfully 99% of what I read was good. You must do whatever is right for you and I sincerely hope you get the help you need whatever the outcome. Wishing you all the very best of luck x

Who are you to tell people not to consider WLS or that it's not worth it?

I am sorry you are having a problem with eating post op but scaremongering such as this is totally out of order. You could well convince people who desperately need WLS to give them a chance of a new healthy life to make the wrong decision.

To anyone who has read this and is now thinking of cancelling or sacking surgery as an option I would say do the research, talk to the professionals, and take a balanced view. For every person who sadly has issues post op there are thousands who don't and who go on to have wonderful new lives. Please don't let one persons bad experience decide your future

Again I truly am sorry that you're having issues and I hope they can fix them for you safely and quickly. Good luck with it.

I agree & thank you for posting Karl...
"Oz princess" posted 19 hours ago & has not been on line since-YES we do all have sympathy for your pain.... but you need to contact your doctor & then LET US KNOW HOW you are doing NOW-please...
This post is not "helpful" unless you keep us updated-
Hope you are feeling better=Please let us knowX

I think people need to be made aware of the pros and th cons of surgery as most of us tend to gloss over the bad points our surgeons tell us about I know I did. But to tell people not to have the surgery is not right. People should be making an informed decission. If you are suffering to the extent of wanting a reversal I would ring your team back and demand an emergency appointment or see your dr as you could become quite quickly dehydrated . hope you get it sorted soon.

What this lady is going through sounds quite nasty and I truly feel sorry for her. It is very easy pre op to find the good stuff. The success stories are all over the Internet an should you go private, the doctors are all too happy to bring in former patients to talk to you about their amazing weight loss and perfect surgery. I made it my mission pre op to find out all of the bad stuff. The risks with surgery and the numerous complications people can have. As a pre op you NEED TO KNOW all of it even the unpleasant. How else will you make an informed decision.
Those who have serious problems perhaps don't always come out and talk about it. There may be an element of shame there. I agree that one shouldn't perhaps recommend not having the surgery, but this lady should certainly feel free to talk or vent about her problems. Isn't that what the support forum is for?

Do let us know how you ate doing and whether you've spoken to a doctor yet.

To answer your questions...

1. I was in good health before this operation

2. I worked full time (haven't worked for 10 weeks now!)

3. I NEVER suffered diarrhea... EVER

4 My blood pressure was good 120/80

5. I thoroughly researched the surgery

6. Talked to heaps of people who have had a RNY Gastric Bypass

7. I've been back and forwards to my Surgeon non-stop for 9 weeks now

8. I've tried everything the Dietician has recommended

9. I've also tried NO MILK, DAIRY or LACTOSE (as suggested) over this last week... It makes no difference!

10. I AM "Suffering".....WATERY. ACIDY. BRIGHT ORANGE DIARRHEA... IT RUNS OUT OF ME ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT!!! PAINFUL CRAMPS AND STOMACH AND BOWEL PAINS... I AM UNABLE TO GO ANYWHERE OR DO ANYTHING. Thus, it is very very very DEPRESSING!

So, be warned people this MIRACLE CURE??? DOES NOT WORK FOR EVERYBODY!

I am happy to say it again...

DO NOT GET A RNY GASTRIC BYPASS!!!

DO NOT TAKE THE RISK...

BAD THINGS "CAN AND DO" HAPPEN.

Thank you to the nice people on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm totally with blueeyes on this one. No operation is without risks, and sadly, people like princess are in the unlucky minority. I feel that 'scaremongering' is too strong a word to be used in this case. Have read all of princesses' posts just before this and the poor woman has been suffering for weeks. I think the tone of some of the comments could be misconstrued as verging on the aggressive, especially if you've been ill for weeks. Some of you have had amazing experiences - I'm so happy for you. But a 'balanced' view means taking the negative as well as the positive into account. Princess, I feel for you. I hope you recover soon. To the rest: have so much respect for you all. Let's show princess why this is such a gr8 place to turn to when you're distraught. To be honest, if I were in her shoes, the air around me would be blue with profanities - her situation sucks. And as for recommending NOT to go through with surgery, what would you say if you had the same negative experience? Let's surround her with hugs. Here's mine {{xo}}.

Thank you Tandy.

I'm simply just telling people how it is for ME.

If it works for others that's great. Congratulations.

It's 10.00am here in Australia. I've been out of bed four hours and been to the toilet 7 times.

Breakfast - 1 x boiled egg

Result - pains and severe diarrhea

FACT: This surgery does not work for everybody!

Just read threw ur post princess :(((( n poor u is all I can say hope ur docs sort something out for u real soon take care n chin up x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back