• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

REVERSAL RNY GASTRIC BYPASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess, I am sorry you are suffering to the extent that you are considering reversal surgery. I agree with other comments on this thread and others that you need to seek urgent medical assistance if you are in chronic pain.

We can support you as far as we can here, but we are not doctors. People are trying to be kind and Im sorry you have not had the responses you had hoped for.

Many of us, me included will be forever grateful for our bypass. However it is important that a balanced view is presented without being forced upon people.

Thankfully, complications are rare. I am so sorry you are suffering, but please dont take out your suffering on people here who are trying to support you in the best way they can.

Kind regards
Sam

Karlos said:
Who are you to tell people not to consider WLS or that it's not worth it?

I am sorry you are having a problem with eating post op but scaremongering such as this is totally out of order. You could well convince people who desperately need WLS to give them a chance of a new healthy life to make the wrong decision.

To anyone who has read this and is now thinking of cancelling or sacking surgery as an option I would say do the research, talk to the professionals, and take a balanced view. For every person who sadly has issues post op there are thousands who don't and who go on to have wonderful new lives. Please don't let one persons bad experience decide your future

Again I truly am sorry that you're having issues and I hope they can fix them for you safely and quickly. Good luck with it.

Well said Karlos! WLS has changed many peoples lives and it's mostly for the better!

I don't think you should be on here ranting on like this. This message board is amazing! It is so supportive and fun. We don't need negativity like this at all. So many people have tried to give u great advice and encourage you to hang in there. I just don't see how you can turn your negativeness onto us.

I truly hope that things get better for you. I am so very sorry that you are having these problems but try to stick with it. Keep pestering your doctors. And try to switch things around. Perhaps you could be allergic to sugar substitutes. That had happened to someone in my support group and she has alot of the same problems. I think you just have to figure out what will work with your new insides. Keep your chin up. And let us know how it's going.

This forum is not just for positive posts! What is the point of that??? Opinions and experiences should be freely posted even if they are negative.. I am shocked by some of the harsh comments on here... people need to take a step back and put themselves in this ladies shoes. I have been very lucky with my bypass but good god people you cant tell a woman off for venting when she is going through hell.. I'm saying no more on this thread as I can see it getting out of hand. I will finish by wishing this lady lots of luck and good wishes x

No one is saying that only positive posts should be included here Mandy, but there is a huge difference in posting about your personal experiences and telling people to avoid WLS as it's not worth it.

Everyone wishes this woman finds the help that she needs and if ultimately that requires her to have a reversal then I'm sure that I and everyone here will pray for a speedy resolution. Trust me I am sick nearly all day nearly everyday and I know what this woman is going through, so I wish her the very best of luck in sorting this out.

That said here are vulnerable people here who might miss out on the positive life changing opportunity that is given by WLS because rather than take notice of their surgical team or the thousands of positive experiences posted here and everywhere else, they are frightened off by one woman who posts in this way.

I'd just like to say that as a pre-opper in 2 minds about my surgery, I find this post just as helpful as all the others. I think some are being so hard on Princess for expressing her opinions, yet, isn't that what we all do, express an opinion. I thought this kind of site was to help in every situation, not just the easy, straight forward ones. I find that some post-op maintainers seem to think that because of their success, they are now an expert in the field, and have gone from offering advice based on experience, to thinking that we pre-oppers should only listen to them. I'm sure this lady will have seeked medical help, and maybe we have better aftercare in the U.K. Surely she is reaching out for a shred of hope in the form of some sound advice and encouragement, and doesn't need the slagging off, which is certain to make her depression even worse.

And that is my OPINION!

I'm with Mandy and Jema. The docs have been dismissing her - if you read her posts you'd know this. I'm disappointed in the moderator, Sam. She NEEDED to vent. This is my last comment on the subject, and to be honest, in re-considering my membership here. It isn't all roses. Those who have a hard time especially need support, not criticism.

I do not mean to upset anybody on this site. I've had my Dietician on the phone today telling me that reversals are needed when things go wrong. She feels very concerned for my health if things continue the way they are.

May I suggest that a lot of WLS people are happy to share their successes BUT WLS people who are failing or suffering severe complications probably don't share their experiences as freely. After my treatment, who could blame them!

I 100% agree that everybody has the right to make their own decision. However, if people want the "real" PROS & CONS...

Why not listen to both sides of a story?

What have you got to lose?

It's called MAKING AN INFORMED DECISION...

One thing that we can all guarantee everybody after having this "MIRACLE" Gastric Bypass Surgery is this...

YOUR LIFE WILL CHANGE! Just remember that it "MAY NOT" necessarily be for the better....

God Bless the supportive and compassionate people on this forum. xxx

My email address is [email protected]

You are WELCOME to contact me.

I'm wondering if you caught some kind of tummy 'bug' whilst having the op or in hospital. Perhaps it has nothing to do with the surgery itself.
Whatever it is, I hope the docs can sort out some suitable treatment. You must be utterly miserable because of the constant bowel pain and running to the toilet when all you want to do is rest and get better.
I really do feel for you and hope you are soon back on the mend.
I hope it is a bug and not the bypass causing you the problems.
Please get all the options considered before you decide on reversal.
Lynne x

It's not a "bug" unfortunately. The Doctor has had "stool" (if you could call the bright yellow water that runs out of me non stop .... a "stool") tested three times now.

Keep in mind, I was not having any stomach or bowel problems before this surgery.

Can I just ask what your medical team are saying about your problems, Princess. Have they offered any possible explanation for why you are so ill? I know sickness & diarrhea are common after WLS but surely they are concerned that this is not normal post op problems. Are they supporting you? I think if someone over here was suffering the way you are they would have been hospitalised by now for investigations into the problem. It seems heartless to leave you struggling this way. Do you have family (emotional) support? I sincerely hope this is resolved for you asap so you can start enjoying life again, even if this does mean reversal. You do not deserve to have to live this way for so long with no answers. Best of luck x

Yes, I do have in mind that you didn't have the problem prior to surgery, thats why I thought you had possibley 'caught' a bug in the hospital.
Good luck in sorting it out anyway.
Lynne x

I was really in ill in the first 3 months post op but nothing & i mean nothing would have made me change my mind about having had the surgery... i actually enjoy my life now & the new me . To be honest i have been suffering from internal piles since surgery & some days the pain has been so unbearable but i have to put aside my problems that i consider minor as i have a disabled husband (physical) & my youngest son has learning difficulties maybe that helps to distract my self pity .... but popping a tablet for anti sickness & applying cream is a small price to pay . Sorry if i seem to be a bit blaze ( sorry for mis spelling brain aint working this morning lol ) x

I dont think the problem is having a negative opinion. The problem is how you go about sharing that opinion. I understand princess is going through a hard time right now and needed to vent but there is a difference. I don't know.

And the ones who are thinking of leaving don't. Everyone is going to have a difference of opinions here and there. Some may get offended and express there opinions in that way. We don't always agree but we are always supportive. Even with some of the mean comments...everyone still wishes eachother the very best.

Sorry you're having such a hard time. I notice you said you had a boiled egg for breakfast and then had diarrhoea. A lot of people I've spoken to cannot eat eggs as it causes them to 'dump'.
Also you mention that your stools are bright orange. I remember when I was taking Orlistat my stools were bright orange as the tablets drew the fat out of anything I ate. Perhaps your new plumbing is doing a similar thing? x

Oh do you think you might be eating to fast? When I eat a little to fast or drink to fast I end up in the bathroom. Just another thing to try. :( I really hope you figure it out soon. I really do feel for you princess and wish you the very best in whatever you decide.

I really feel for you with the problems you are having and your surgeon should get you in hospital for observation to see what is causing the diarrhoea. I don't think anyone is criticising you for publicising the negative aspects as we all need to know the real picture I think the problem is with you telling people not to have the surgery as surely this is a personal choice to be made by the patient alone. No one knows how the body will react, not even the surgical team - all you can say is that you personally wouldn't have it given your circumstances. If you're losing orange fluid this sounds like a fat/malabsorption problem especially if there is a oily film on top of the water in the toilet. Hope you get this resolved x

Steatorrhea following Bariatric Surgery .... have you googled this?
Have you had any trouble with your Gall Bladder or have you had it removed?
There is some interesting and informative information on google if you search the for Steatorrhea rather than diarrhoea.
Whatever you do I hope you can stay hydrated by sipping water until you have the problem sorted out.
Lynne x

this forum has many different people from all walks of life but with one thing in common,we are all on a wls journey, ofcourse we cant all agree on everything ,but that dont mean we dont care ,but we are not doctors ,we can give emotional support and our own advice on what weve been through , to eachother ,but as for how things work in australia ,very few of us would know ,and that makes it hard for us to help ,i wish you well princess and think the last place id be if i was so sick would be online,id be at the hospital until someone helped me,but thats here in uk ,i also think its not what your saying in your earlier posts thats the problem (apart from the asshole one,but il give you that one! lol) but the way you say it,i for one am very proud of this forum,and i know people on here care ,dont push them away with the harsh words in the earlier post love, they are trying to help you just like they help me and everyone else on here , good luck hope your feeling better soon

I'm with Mandy and Jema. The docs have been dismissing her - if you read her posts you'd know this. I'm disappointed in the moderator, Sam. She NEEDED to vent. This is my last comment on the subject, and to be honest, in re-considering my membership here. It isn't all roses. Those who have a hard time especially need support, not criticism.

My post #21 was made in direct response to post #16 after it was reported by many people. You will see that I have moderated post 16 as it was necessary to remove several sentences of offensive content. I didnt delete the post fully to allow the OP to seek the help she needs.

I have said that a balanced view needs to be presented, and I sincerely hope that princess gets the medical help and support that she needs, but you dont have the privilege of seeing the content that was removed from that post. I think your view would be different if you did.

Bugs can be caught in hospital and in the community - just thinking of MRSA and Clostridium Difficile (C Diff). My last job was investigating C Diff in the community which caused the most horrible diarrhoea and required specific medication.
Ask your GP to send a poo sample to test for anything and everything (cos you never know)
Hope you get sorted

Jxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back