• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

REVERSAL RNY GASTRIC BYPASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess, I really feel for you and hope your surgeon can get these awful side effects resolved soon. I remember before my op my surgeon was going to send me for a colonoscopy (camera up the bum) because he said he wouldn't do the op if I had any problems with my bowel and I was slightly anaemic. Fortunately in my case my bloods were ok a few weeks later so it wasn't necessary. However, I have had a lot more diarrhoea than usual since my surgery. I can only presume it's because everything we eat gets processed a lot quicker. Diarrhoea or the fear of it happening is so dehabilitating isn't it? I daren't eat anything new unless I know I will be at home for at least an hour afterwards because I'm scared of having an accident whilst out and about.

Please don't be too offended by some of the less tactful replies you've had on this thread. I think that we go through so much to get this surgery, especially here in the uk with the funding issue, that we all feel a little defensive about it. For me, it was the best thing I ever did, but nearly every day I am reminded of the downside to the gastric bypass when I speak to a friend and his kids who are still mourning the loss of their mum after her surgery. It still didn't put me off having the op though because I was desperate. It worked for me. I really hope that you will have a positive experience too. I know it doesn't feel like you will right now because you're worn out and in pain, but if they can fix things you never know.
all the best xx

WHAT'S HAPPENING you ask....

1. My surgeon is having himself an overseas holiday until the 8th Sept

2. My dietician is at her wits end and actually said yesterday "I just don't know what to suggest".

3. There is NO "Team" as people keep suggesting. Nobody is filling in while my surgeon is away!

4. The hospital have told me to "TRY AND STAY HYDRATED" until my surgeon gets back next week.

5. I've stopped eating now.

6. Life is great. It certainly is a "whole new life"... Wow!

My best wishes to anybody planning on having a Gastric Bypass. I seriously hope it all goes well for you.

It obviously hasn't for me. :-( 10 weeks of non stop diarrhea and stomach and bowel pains and problems.

Once again... Thank you to the lovely supportive and compassionate people on here. God Bless you. xxx

To the nasty ones... You know how I feel.

Thank you for "moderating" my comments where I told the nasty "" on here to GO TO HELL. I'd like to apologize for saying that, but I meant every word!

Long live freedom of speech and the right for everybody to have their say.

Let's not forget... The pros and "CONS" of this so called miracle surgery.

Positive and NEGATIVE post op outcomes need to be discussed...

FACT: WLS will "change your life".... Just don't always expect it to be for the better. Things can and DO go wrong...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just go to the emergency room then. That's what I would do

You cannot wait another week until your surgeon decides to return to his desk ... I know nothing of Australian medical procedures but surely there is provision for medical emergencies which you do seem to have escalated to. Is there not an emergency room you could go to, to get yourself checked out?? I hope so as you do not seem to be getting the after care we all expect as standard here in the UK. I wish you all the very best in seeking proper medical attention as we are not doctors & are also 12000 miles away. Please go & get checked today, Princess :wave_cry:

All I can say is thank god I had my surgery here and not Australia!Your 'team'is the surgeon,his registras,the dietician,psycologist,aneasthetist,nursing staff and secretaries/admin.If not one of those people can help you,you must go to see your gp or A+E.If you feel the team has let you down the there must be a body to report to,to make a complaint.As I have said a patient liason team.Maz x

I am worried about you Princess, I have not had surgery; but I wonder if you can't get anywhere with your Doctor is there any chance you could attend an Accident and Emergency Dept and have a Doctor there check you over for your own peace of mind... I hope u get well soon. God Bless xx

Long live freedom of speech and the right for everybody to have their say.

I emphasise with your situation, however I would like to remind you of the exact quote.

USA Constitution said:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The last time I checked this was WLSurgery not "Congress" and any nasty or rude posts will be removed at the disgression of moderators.

If anybody has been nasty to you, you can freely use the reported post button that looks like this:
report.gif

Pierce

to be honest i would say like the others have go to A&E & stay there til they have done something for you, personally if it were me they would to physically remove me kick up a stink but dont wait another week x

Pierce, Who could be bothered reporting people?! Like I said. EVERYBODY should be allowed to have an opinion. I'm over it Luv.

I treat people as I would like to be treated. Until you've walked a mile in somebody's shoes.... Who are we to criticize? Keep in mind that "somebody" has been "suffering" for 10 WEEKS!

Moderate me all you want... Pre-Op people have a right to view both sides of a coin. Afterall, it's them who will ultimately pay for their decision.

Princess as i posted earlier i was really ill for the first 3 months post op, i still suffer from diaharrea, sickness & internal piles that some days i cant sit stand or do anything but i personally would return to A&E and sit there til u get the answers u need ... me the air would be blue navy blue but i would kick up such a stink they would have to call for reinforcements to remove me . My journey started nine months ago & i still suffer but as i said i personally wouldnt change a thing about the way i feel about my life or myself. I really do hope that u get the answers that u need xx

Princess i have never hidden the fact that ive been ill since surgery but i have a brilliant GP that would would move both heaven & earth to make me feel well i feel that ur team have let u down big time & for that i feel for u i honestly do what are the results of ur stool tests saying x

Even though problems have arisen i have to put mine aside as my life is quite complicated i care for 2 disabled family members one physical one mental health & my problems are reletively minor to theirs i wouldnt change anything as im the happiest i have been in years & if im honest i can actually say that im starting to love myself something i have never known how to in previous years x

Princess nobody is saying you can't discuss your problems or complications if you look back through posts of 18mths 2yrs and more recent you willn find them. What people object to is being told not to have surgery. This is not giving a balanced view, it is a biased view based on your experiences, so you in some way are doing what you are accusing others of doing. The purpose of this forum is a place to discuss things and give people the opportunity to find out about the realities of surgery for themselves whether they be good or bad.

im not being rude but is this a wind up?,,,just re read everything , and notice the "asshole post is back ",why would anyone keep reposting that other than to wind things up?,,,i for one wont be reading or posting on this post again , as its going to get out of hand , its nothing to do with giving people advice or help or a balanced view ,no surgeon works alone ,,,there must be someone who can help you, all this energy putting your views of our lack of compassion , i spoke online lastnight to wls girls in australia and no body could understand why you were so alone ,maybe joining a local forum aware of you medical practises and how things work would be more helpful to your needs ,The neighbourhood,life after weightloss surgery forum,,would be more than helpful ,x,

Last edited:
starr said:
im not being rude but is this a wind up?,,,just re read everything , and notice the "asshole post is back ",why would anyone keep reposting that other than to wind things up?,,,i for one wont be reading or posting on this post again , as its going to get out of hand , its nothing to do with giving people advice or help or a balanced view ,no surgeon works alone ,,,there must be someone who can help you, all this energy putting your views of our lack of compassion , i spoke online lastnight to wls girls in australia and no body could understand why you were so alone ,maybe joining a local forum aware of you medical practises and how things work would be more helpful to your needs ,The neighbourhood,life after weightloss surgery forum,,would be more than helpful ,x,

Well said!!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

im with dawn on this im not reading this anymore as i also think its getting out of hand xxxx

It's ok. I won't ask for help anymore. Calm down and enjoy your little Pro Surgery Forum.

Hopefully, nobody will have to go through the agony of post operative complications and you girls can continue to preach what a miracle this surgery is.

It's probably best that we don't tell the pre-oppers what it's "really like"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back