• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Well I did my little bit and happy and sad

Mixman

I was a bit nervous today when I did my little presentation at Sheffield. I thoroughly enjoyed it though and hope I made a little difference.

I was sad though as well. There was a 16 year old girl there with her mum and her nan and you could tell she was upset.

Also there was a lady that didn't look that old but was pushed in on a chair with oxygen and kept falling to sleep. So so sad to see! :cry:

Good on ya, I bet you HAVE made a difference.
God bless those folks there that are in a bad place, may they get to the place that they want to be soon xxx
Steph xx

Well done Mixxy I sure you made a difference. Hopefully them people who upset you will have a change of luck soon. Was going to say that nerves are good, well done you xxx

well done sweets!!!!! you would have made a differance your a walking inspiration!! they d have been very very proud and amazed at your story... very sad to see people in despair but just think mixxy your story would have given them hope and made them think, i CAN do this :) xxxxx

Well done mate i think its very important what you have done today esp for the men (not being sexist) who want to have the Surgery has most of the people there i would imagine are women, if i was asked to do a presentation or answer any questions at my hospital, Salford i would not hesitate has its changed my life and we have the experience's to tell everybody what to expect, again congrats on your achievements and if anybody can show what a success surgery is YOU CAN.

:)Glad you enjoyed it Mixxy - you will have given those folks the hope & inspiration they needx

Well done Mixxy, Im sure the poeple there felt better after seeing what can be achieved by having the surgery :D x

Well done Mixy. Was it recorded for posterity?:D I'm sure you were brilliant, an inspiration and gave a lot of much needed hope to people feeling pretty desperate. A good job done!

Well done, Let's hope that those who were in a bad way, were able to take something inspirational home with them.

Rebirth

You've done a grand job!

I hope all the people who heard you take inspiration from your success and work hard at making it work for them.

I was saddened too, at first, by your mention of the very young girl. Then I thought of the misery I experienced in my younger days (chubby child+ first diet age 6= chubby teenager=no confidence=no self esteem and lots of missed opportunities). Hopefully, successful surgery will mean she has a really full and diet-free life.

Phew - you have done it and you can now sit back and relax.

Well done Mixxy.

Well done Mixy. Believe me you will have helped and though they were sad today I'm sure you will have provided them with the ray of sunshine at the end of the long, long tunnel that they need. You have been a constant source of inspiration ( and awe!) to me since I started my long wait and joined this forum ( along with more than a few other incredible people on here) and for them to have had the benefit of seeing the real you and hearing you in person can only have helped them.

Well done for doing this. Before my op I needed to hear from post ops to help me make my decision and I am sure you were an inspiration to those listening to you.

Well done Mixxy, Mate you don't always get feed back of how you encouraged others, but I am sure you have so well done You...

Sending you a big Hug and a Pat on the BACK!!

Back