• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Comfort eating...soooooo sad! :-(

Sorry i havent been around but my mum has terminal cancer and they have only given her a few more days.

I have been at her house trying to look after my dad, and brother, as well as running around after my 3 children and trying to run a business.....

this is not me moaning, but i have found that i am really finding it hard not to eat everything in sight! I am awaiting my 1st band fill 3 weeks time and dont seem to have any restriction at all....

I had done sooooo well until this last week and i am so scared that i am going to put it all back on again.

any advice would be so grateful.

All i want to do is eat and hit the wine!!!!

thank you for listening to a woman on the edge......

Sorry about your sad news. Its hard to deal with and I understand how frustrated you must feel with everything (i dont like saying i know how you feel as no one can know what or how your feeling but I truly empathise with you, I have had a similar experience with both my parents in the past).

I too comfort eat when I am upset and distraught as it gives me something else to focus on. My only advice I can give you is to think of the reasons why you are wanting to eat everything in site, and by that i mean are you doing it as you dont want to think of the worst happening? Just try to take a moment out from everything and remember that when the bad times are over you will be even more disappointed if you have but your weight back on. I am sure your mum would not want all your hard work undone.

Thank you for sharing your situation with us all, I hope it helps (even just a little).
xxxx

Remember sweetheart - hitting the wine and food isn't going to make your mum better. Its just going to make you feel worse. I'm so sorry to hear about your mum - I hope she isn't in pain. Don't worry about trying to diet, though - that can come later. Just concentrate on being there for her and the rest of the family. You can only do one thing at a time and dieting takes a lot of concentration and organisation so put it on the back burner for a while and go for damage limitation by just second-thinking before you raid the fridge. Huge hug, scrunchie. I hope her last days are peaceful and calm with her lovely family. Mxx

Hiya, I'm so sorry to hear that you are under so much pressure. What a sad and difficult time you must be having. I hope that with you trying to do everything that there is someone to support you lovely. If there were this may help you needing to comfort eat.
Very best wishes to you x

Sorry to hear you sad news about your mum and all the other pressures you are currently facing..Try not to put yourself under further pressure by sticking 100% to a diet at this current time and just try and get through ONE DAY at a time facing the hurdles as they come...
M..

I am so terribly sorry. I am a huge comfort eater but am beginning to understand that doing it just causes me more stress in the end. You will continue to do well and spend your mum's final days with her. You will want her to continue being proud of your weight losses.

I was wondering about you today why you hadn't been on in a while

Im so sorry about your mummy, you must be heartbroken

I know what you mean about the comfort eating, its a hard habit to get out of especially when there is no restriction so nothing really stopping you only willpower

I dont really know what to say to you hun other than do what feels right for you and if having a glass or 2 of wine will make you feel better then go ahead, with all your running about you'll probably work it off anyway

Hang in there hun x x x

Last edited:
I know how hard it is hun, as lost Dad to cancer last Oct, and comfort ate to feel better both before and after:(:(Sending you massive (((HUGS))) in the difficult times to come x:eek:

Hiya Scrunchie,

That is heartbreaking news about your mum, so I am sending you hugs through cyberspace. Just know that you have somewhere to come, when it all seems too tough to cope with on the inside.

We are here to support and care for one another, no matter how tough life is being.

I wish your Mum peace in her final days and that your love for each other will help you through the tough time ahead.

Right now, take a deep breath in, hold it, then let it out and relax. Forget about food now, let go of any guilt. This is a time not to care about small things like food.

You need all you strength, all your reserve and all your focus to get through the next week.

You can worry about such things when the time comes.

Your mum would hate to see you bashing yourself up over this, so don't. Conserve and reserve what you have for her and your family.

I wish you peace and love too....x

Hi sweetheart, big hugs to you and your family.If you feel the need to raid the fridge then go for it. You'll be having your fill in 3 weeks time so any weight gained will soon shift. I know this may be wrong in the eyes of others but its you I'm worried about and how you need to handle the situation. If food will comfort you through the next couple of weeks then let it. Caz has given you some good advice so take care sweetheart and blessings to your Mum.

Sorry i havent been around but my mum has terminal cancer and they have only given her a few more days.

I have been at her house trying to look after my dad, and brother, as well as running around after my 3 children and trying to run a business.....

this is not me moaning, but i have found that i am really finding it hard not to eat everything in sight! I am awaiting my 1st band fill 3 weeks time and dont seem to have any restriction at all....

I had done sooooo well until this last week and i am so scared that i am going to put it all back on again.

any advice would be so grateful.

All i want to do is eat and hit the wine!!!!

thank you for listening to a woman on the edge......

Hi Scrunchie

I am so sorry to hear this. I can truly empathise with you as my Mother died 7 years ago with terminal cancer......It is horrendous and even though you might well have had months to get used to the idea...it still hits home.

I can't give you any words that are going to over-ride this terrible pain that you are going through right now, and I can't tell you not to comfort yourself by eating...You have to look after 'you' right now.......

If you put on a pound or 2, it does not matter right now. I know this might go against the grain with us all trying to lose the weight...but you don't need to have the worry of a diet on top of what you are going through...

But remember that we are all here for you, ready to support you when you are ready.

If you need to talk please don't hesitate to contact me...an ear and a shoulder sometimes helps.

All the best sweetheart....And God bless your Mum.

Take care

(((hugs)))

Ditto everything that has been said,hold on to the thought that your mum would want the very best in life for you so do everything you feel able,to honour her wishes.Mums are very special,hold her hand till the end,she will know you are with her.Peace and love xxx

Hi there,
So sorry to hear about your mum. However you deal with the forthcoming weeks please do not beat yourself up about it. It sounds as if you have a lot on your shoulders right now.
Keep well and stay strong ...

Back