• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sam's Musings

a nice surprise

Packing for my holiday and have had to buy some new jeans as my others keep slipping down, even with a belt. Ever optimistic that the weather in North Wales will be warm enough to walk barefoot on the sand I have just tried on some cut down jeans from two years ago that didn't fit me last year and they fitted easily. Well chuffed :dragon:

Packing for my holiday and have had to buy some new jeans as my others keep slipping down, even with a belt. Ever optimistic that the weather in North Wales will be warm enough to walk barefoot on the sand I have just tried on some cut down jeans from two years ago that didn't fit me last year and they fitted easily. Well chuffed :dragon:

I love moments like that! :)

Hi

Can you just update this thread as your diary please?

Each new thread creates a new diary, I've just merged your three together into this one x

Sorry Mazza, will do. Still trying to get my head around the technology and I got confused. :(

Well back from Wales and walked on the sand, but not barefoot. Nice and sunny though. I decided that this would likely be the last holiday where I could eat what I fancied rather than having to be strict, and surprise, surprise when I weighed myself this morning not only had I not put any weight on, I had lost 0.2 kg. :D

That's brilliant Sam ! Well done xxx

well, .4 of a kilo gained this week, but not surprised as I have missed a hydro session due to an important meeting arranged by someone else whilst I was on holiday for the morning when I had said afternoon. Also a bit of chocolate eating :17729:(white chocolate not brown, so not addictive, and I felt sick afterwards) last weekend following my disappointing holiday where my friend turned into a 'lovesick 63 year old teenager' texting and phoning her new fella :love:who moved in two weeks before we left. By Wednesday she wanted to go home, and we did end up coming home a day early after a 'discussion' :rant2::cry:

The plus side is I got to sleep in my own bed :4635:, the sun has shone so got lots of spring cleaning done, and another friend offered me a free indian head massage to cheer me up.:):thankyou:

Also a mixed blessing is I have dropped a dress size so have had to buy new jeans as the low slung look is not a good one on a 60 year old with a rollator whose hands are not free to keep them up :whacky068:, and being a short ass I have three lots of hems to turn up. Guess I am going to have to get used to this in the next few months. I hate sewing!

Found some sugar free jelly in shop the other day so am going to try it this weekend as it seems to get rave reviews on here... Working slowly to adjust to the type of diet I am going to need to follow.

Still no signs of a date, or my next dietician appointment, but have 2000 words to write anyway on Developing Therapeutic Listening Research by May 16th so don't really need any distractions as I am finding it hard enough to get going on it as it is. :confused:

Well done on dropping a dress size! I know what you mean about sewing and having to turn things up - I hate doing it. I worked out my newish but basic sewing machine did hemming recently, but my first attempt didn't go well, so I had to unpick it and do it by hand anyway!

Have just seen my GP where we have been discussing life, the universe, current medications post op when still on liquids and diabetes management on the LRD. Was reassured he 'gets it' and that one med that I thought couldn't be got in liquid form, actually can (although at a price!). It is a bit disconcerting to have him check the price of something on his computer when he is thinking about whether he will be allowed to prescribe it. The drug companies have a lot to answer for, and it gives my whingeing about spending £40 at the vets this week on 3 courses of flea and wormer treatment for my two cats, some perspective!!

On a positive note, even though my actual weight hasn't altered much in the past two weeks, the weight is shifting from a different part of my body - the top half as well as the waist, and yesterday I was able to do my watch strap up on a shorter hole, and my favourite T-shirts are starting to resemble off the shoulder numbers. :)

Just need to get this essay started :sigh:

Good luck with the essay :)
A good doctor makes a huge difference doesn't it? Mine is amazing, she treats me like I have a brain and knows I'm trying to help myself.
The attitude of medical professionals has such a big impact. I spend far too much time in hospital but thankfully only had bad experiences a handful of times but they stick with you. It makes me mindful to let people know when they've been helpful and made a difference
Well done with the weight loss, I've read before how important it is to pay attention to how your body changes not just what the scales say and it sounds like you're doing great :)

Good luck with the essay :)
A good doctor makes a huge difference doesn't it? Mine is amazing, she treats me like I have a brain and knows I'm trying to help myself.
The attitude of medical professionals has such a big impact. I spend far too much time in hospital but thankfully only had bad experiences a handful of times but they stick with you. It makes me mindful to let people know when they've been helpful and made a difference
Well done with the weight loss, I've read before how important it is to pay attention to how your body changes not just what the scales say and it sounds like you're doing great :)
Thanks Fee. Sorry to hear you spend a lot of time in hospital but pleased you have a good GP too.

He is the only GP that does treat me as an equal, and is so good at what he does people will happily wait over an hour beyond their appointment time to see him. Unfortunately he is semi-retired so only works two days a week now so difficult sometimes to get an appointment. However, because I had a bereavement just before Christmas and am going through this WLS journey he makes sure I never leave his surgery without another appointment in the diary.

Thought I would experiment with the sugar free jelly this afternoon, and decided to make a milk one. Long time since i have made a milk jelly, or any jelly for that matter, and realised as soon as I added the cold milk to the boiling jelly that was a silly thing to do as it curdled! Duh :booboo:

Its in the fridge now and will be interesting to see what it tastes like...

My GP is exactly the same. She's always running late but no one seems to mind because you know she'll give you the time you need too.
Let us know how the milk jelly turns out. I'm guessing it's best to let the jelly cool?

have just tried the jelly - very yummy. It split itself in half so milk jelly on the bottom. Good to know there is going to be something pleasurable and sweet to eat when the real work starts.:D This was a Hartleys Strawberry Sugar Free jelly made from the granules. I have also found Hartleys sugar free ready made jelly on Tesco site so am going to try them as well as there is more choice in flavour. They are on special offer this week.

You may have invented a new dessert ! We will call it the Sam fruity split :)

:8855:Wow that sounds rude !

Back