• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sam's Musings

SAM55

No Twirls again yesterday.

Was chatting to my GP about food and autism and how it may be it isn't an emotional thing in the way I thought it was that made me want these all the time, but could be a need for the same food all the time (there are many foods I get fixated on) and it could be down to the colour, size or touch of even the packet. I noted that Twirl packets are purple and yellow - the two main colours I have in my flat that influence my mood in a positive sense, although depending on the time of year and the amount of light one or other can be too much and I have to hide a few things. Trying now to find a healthier fixation!

Hopefully dietitian when i see her in May can throw some light on the connections.

Emma1504

Interesting thought would be interested in hearing what dietitian has to say

Well done on the twirl situation keep going x

SAM55

Interesting thought would be interested in hearing what dietitian has to say

Well done on the twirl situation keep going x
No Twirls again today and have been to Tesco!

Quite expecting dietitian will say there is no connection because she hasn't been very good at thinking outside the box so far - even though (or maybe because) she is a Consultant...

Bling Babe

No Twirls again today and have been to Tesco!

Quite expecting dietitian will say there is no connection because she hasn't been very good at thinking outside the box so far - even though (or maybe because) she is a Consultant...
A nice little research project for someone xx

SAM55

Twirls yesterday and Twirls again today. :( Not been in a great place but pleased i made it through the week without them. :)

SAM55

Lots of Twirls yesterday and today. Sensory overload is very bad at the moment and the wind today has made it worse. I hope I can find some way out of this black hole soon. Booked a holiday for June last night so have something to look forward to.

slimkim

I hope you find a way out of the black hole too. Its great that you have something to look forward to in June.

Bling Babe

Lots of Twirls yesterday and today. Sensory overload is very bad at the moment and the wind today has made it worse. I hope I can find some way out of this black hole soon. Booked a holiday for June last night so have something to look forward to.
A holiday sound like a great plan for you Sam, I really do wish you well, did you manage to remove some of the purple and yellow from your home? Xxx

SAM55

Weekend away and i have eaten anything and everything! Have put on 5kg since last week!!! Have decided I am going to do milk diet starting next Monday for 5 days (when all the food has gone from the house and I have my head in gear) and see if I can reverse this.

Flat went on market on Thursday and estate agent has already arranged four viewings for today and tomorrow! Going to be busy flat hunting this week and getting myself on waiting lists.

Bling Babe

Weekend away and i have eaten anything and everything! Have put on 5kg since last week!!! Have decided I am going to do milk diet starting next Monday for 5 days (when all the food has gone from the house and I have my head in gear) and see if I can reverse this.

Flat went on market on Thursday and estate agent has already arranged four viewings for today and tomorrow! Going to be busy flat hunting this week and getting myself on waiting lists.
Aw Sam I’m sorry, I think the milk diet could be great for you, and I wish you every success in the flat hunting xx

Maria61

Good luck with milk, I am trying it again this week too to give myself a boost, let’s hope we both lose something xx

Elias

Hi Sam from what I've read you've come a real long way and your success is inspirational! The odd trip up is to be expected, but from the looks of it your successes far outweigh the slips! I hope I can show the same level of restraint and determination during my journey!

SAM55

Thanks folks for the encouragement.

I can't remember if i had Twirls yesterday or not (that is how bad it is) but i don't think so as I didn't have time to go in a shop if my memory serves me rightly. Definitely didn't have any today although i did pass two sweet shops more than once. Went to talk to a Manager of a housing association this morning thinking I would just be offered a view and a place on a long waiting list and came away with a flat that I sign the tenancy agreement for on Thursday morning!

Now sorting out decorators, movers and decluttering help as I have a lot to get rid of because there is a lot less storage...

4 viewings today, one yesterday, with more on Thursday and Friday. They are expecting to have accepted an offer by the end of the week. It isn't nice having people poking around your flat and ignoring you, whilst they talk about knocking through walls, exposing the beams etc. Absolutely exhausted now. zzzzzzzz

SAM55

Hi Sam from what I've read you've come a real long way and your success is inspirational! The odd trip up is to be expected, but from the looks of it your successes far outweigh the slips! I hope I can show the same level of restraint and determination during my journey!
Thank you. :) I have found it is all down to motivation. I started sliding nearly a year ago when I was told they would accept me for knee surgery in May. I had to get 10 stone off to have it done and i could barely walk. In fact they did it after 9. It certainly gets harder the further in you are. One of my mistakes was to try food I thought I couldn't have as it would get stuck and I found it didn't meaning I can eat most things now. Chuck in a bucket load of stress and use chocolate to self medicate and it is fatal.

Will be starting a new life soon now I am moving and i will have more company so hopefully less inclination to eat through loneliness and boredom.

Good luck on your journey - i see you are due for surgery soon.

SAM55

Aw Sam I’m sorry, I think the milk diet could be great for you, and I wish you every success in the flat hunting xx
I have had a result Bling on a flat :) May need to postpone milk diet as I will be doing a lot of physical stuff over the next week or so which will hopefully help with calorie burning. x

slimkim

Congratulations on finding a flat so soon. That is great given the situation that they feel an offer on where you currently live will be soon.

Bling Babe

I have had a result Bling on a flat :) May need to postpone milk diet as I will be doing a lot of physical stuff over the next week or so which will hopefully help with calorie burning. x
That’s fab Sam, it’ll do you the world of good to have something positive to focus on for a while, I’m so pleased for you xx