• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sam's Musings

You will soon have the 2 lb off. Hotel stay sounds nice xxx

2lb off. Have been battling constipation again and think this time it has been too much cheese and the antibiotics haven't done me any favours either.

Got my blood results back from my dietitian. All are fine except zinc is a bit low (but she isn't worried about it). With the price of prawns these days I am eating less shellfish and I don't eat green veg anyway as it upsets me. Going to start a supplement as it may be contributing to the depression I have been experiencing for the past couple of months.

2 hydro sessions and also did my first hydrolates class this week which was good. Battling some days with the chronic fatigue and have also dumped twice this week. Knee has been swollen a couple of times, sleep apnoea still uncontrolled but have appointment with sleep clinic next Friday.

Severe memory problems! I 'lost' my car this week and was about to phone the police to report it stolen, but remembered just in time after having a panic that i have moved it to another spot.:eek: To make matters worse i had walked past it on way back to first spot. I also managed to lock a workman in my house as I automatically locked the door as I left and he had to phone me when he realised to come and let him out:rolleyes:.

I am still 4lbs heavier than the lightest I have been since op and still want to get another stone off by the summer. If i can get the sleep apnoea sorted so I sleep better (which apparently contributes to obesity) and up my classes at the pool to include aqua aerobics hopefully my stress levels will be more manageable, my blood pressure will come down and my food choices will be better, particularly when winter weather has gone.

Yay for 2 lbs off.

Sorry about loosing your car-I've done thst in supermarket car park. And locking workman in house.

Hope you can get to aqua soon hunny.

Hope your weekend going ok? Xxx

A 4lb gain this week. Lost one of my cats in very traumatic circumstances on Wednesday so it has been very emotional. :( Finally have CPAP machine sorted and blood pressure has gone back to a reasonable level. Have also been working on the constipation with a bit of success.

Bad food choices this week were chocolate, Baileys, sausage roll, pecan pastry and a hot cross bun.

Two walks and half a hydro session.

Knee playing up in past 24 hours.

Would love to have just a week with no pain, no drama, no physical health issues, and an NHS that works without causing more pain and distress!

Off for a reflexology today so hopefully that will help me feel better. :)

Aw bless you so sorry, hope th3 reflexology session went well xx

Aw bless you so sorry, hope th3 reflexology session went well xx
Thanks Bling. Reflexology was good - it shifted some stuff, and even better as it is a friend she waived the normal 'mates rates' and gave it to me for free because of the cat. I am still using food and alcohol as a comforter though as 2018 has been pretty s*** so far. Hoping something really nice happens soon!

Thanks Bling. Reflexology was good - it shifted some stuff, and even better as it is a friend she waived the normal 'mates rates' and gave it to me for free because of the cat. I am still using food and alcohol as a comforter though as 2018 has been pretty s*** so far. Hoping something really nice happens soon!
Aw that was k8nd of her, Sending positive vibes to you xxx

A 4lb gain this week. Lost one of my cats in very traumatic circumstances on Wednesday so it has been very emotional. :( Finally have CPAP machine sorted and blood pressure has gone back to a reasonable level. Have also been working on the constipation with a bit of success.

Bad food choices this week were chocolate, Baileys, sausage roll, pecan pastry and a hot cross bun.

Two walks and half a hydro session.

Knee playing up in past 24 hours.

Would love to have just a week with no pain, no drama, no physical health issues, and an NHS that works without causing more pain and distress!

Off for a reflexology today so hopefully that will help me feel better. :)
Sorry to see you’re having a rough time. I hope things improve for you. X

Well, got the 2lb off that I put on last week but still heavier than I was about 5 weeks ago. Have totally lost control of what goes in my mouth. :(

Had a letter this week from the letting agent to say my landlord is putting the flats on the market, so more uncertainty around the future. Came as a big shock as they are owned by a charity who have rented them out for over 20 years. :eek:o_O so wasn't expecting this might happen. They are selling them so they can refurbish an old church that has been given to them.:mad: They are in a conservation area and a couple of them are in really bad repair (so much for them being preservation charity!) so not expecting many people will be interested so the uncertainty will drag on. I have been here 6 years, one neighbour has been here 20 years and another has only been in hers a month!! I have spent a lot of money on it as I thought it was going to be my home for many years to come!! Hoping another investor will want to do buy to let, although there is a risk that rent prices might rise again...

Have had to stop making plans for a holiday with friends in June as I need to save the money I was saving for that in case I do have to move. Will only get two months notice.

The sleep apnoea is now more under control since my visit to the sleep clinic so not so many bad nights sleep and blood pressure is yo yoing less. I have my penultimate appointment with the surgeon (probably his registrar) next Thursday. Constipation has become more of an issue and can only manage it now with laxatives, but that is partly down to what is going in my mouth!

Four more sessions with the psychologist and then that ends. She thinks i have Aspergers but I cannot get a referral for an assessment due to funding cuts in my area as the waiting list has been closed for two years and they have also stopped out of area funding.:(:mad:

They are also still cancelling exercise sessions at the pool at the last minute, even just when you get there, so struggling to get the exercise in that I need. Considering cancelling my membership and going elsewhere but it is going to include lots of travelling.... whereas this one is five minutes away. I did manage a 2 hour walk this week.

No news yet from my solicitor about my medical negligence claim over my knee, but assuming they are still waiting for my medical records.

So, what with a dead cat, possible eviction, loss of psychological support, more battles with the NHS to get services and now no holiday to look forward to, plus the very cold weather, I think I can be forgiven for being depressed and anxious and for trying to find some comfort in food, particularly chocolate.

Wow you are really having a tough time.
Hope it starts going the right way for you soon.
Fingers crossed you don’t have to move. X

Well, got the 2lb off that I put on last week but still heavier than I was about 5 weeks ago. Have totally lost control of what goes in my mouth. :(

Had a letter this week from the letting agent to say my landlord is putting the flats on the market, so more uncertainty around the future. Came as a big shock as they are owned by a charity who have rented them out for over 20 years. :eek:o_O so wasn't expecting this might happen. They are selling them so they can refurbish an old church that has been given to them.:mad: They are in a conservation area and a couple of them are in really bad repair (so much for them being preservation charity!) so not expecting many people will be interested so the uncertainty will drag on. I have been here 6 years, one neighbour has been here 20 years and another has only been in hers a month!! I have spent a lot of money on it as I thought it was going to be my home for many years to come!! Hoping another investor will want to do buy to let, although there is a risk that rent prices might rise again...

Have had to stop making plans for a holiday with friends in June as I need to save the money I was saving for that in case I do have to move. Will only get two months notice.

The sleep apnoea is now more under control since my visit to the sleep clinic so not so many bad nights sleep and blood pressure is yo yoing less. I have my penultimate appointment with the surgeon (probably his registrar) next Thursday. Constipation has become more of an issue and can only manage it now with laxatives, but that is partly down to what is going in my mouth!

Four more sessions with the psychologist and then that ends. She thinks i have Aspergers but I cannot get a referral for an assessment due to funding cuts in my area as the waiting list has been closed for two years and they have also stopped out of area funding.:(:mad:

They are also still cancelling exercise sessions at the pool at the last minute, even just when you get there, so struggling to get the exercise in that I need. Considering cancelling my membership and going elsewhere but it is going to include lots of travelling.... whereas this one is five minutes away. I did manage a 2 hour walk this week.

No news yet from my solicitor about my medical negligence claim over my knee, but assuming they are still waiting for my medical records.

So, what with a dead cat, possible eviction, loss of psychological support, more battles with the NHS to get services and now no holiday to look forward to, plus the very cold weather, I think I can be forgiven for being depressed and anxious and for trying to find some comfort in food, particularly chocolate.
Aw Sam55 I’m so sorry you have far too much going on at the moment, it is understandable that your struggling with food as well, I’m thinking of you and truly hope things start to improve especially that you can stay in your home, it must be so difficult having that sort of uncertainty hanging over you especially when the reasons are so questionable, there are a lot of associations that make a lot of money from being a landlord so bearing that in mind there’s every chance you will get to stay. Cyber hugs to you xxxx

Aw Sam55 I’m so sorry you have far too much going on at the moment, it is understandable that your struggling with food as well, I’m thinking of you and truly hope things start to improve especially that you can stay in your home, it must be so difficult having that sort of uncertainty hanging over you especially when the reasons are so questionable, there are a lot of associations that make a lot of money from being a landlord so bearing that in mind there’s every chance you will get to stay. Cyber hugs to you xxxx
Thanks Bling for your support x

Can't weigh today as the battery in my scales has gone flat. :( Thank goodness for Amazon and one is now winging its way to me.

Had to cancel appointment with consultant on Thursday due to heavy snow. Psychologist cancelled on Tuesday for same reason.

GP informed me on Wednesday that an appeal to the person in charge of the independent funding panel against his decision not to pass my case to the panel for an out of area ASD assessment had been won and apparently I was presented at panel on Tuesday. Just have to wait now to see whether they have passed it.

Managed to get to pool on Monday and yesterday but no walking this week due to poor conditions underfoot. Hopefully burned a few calories snow clearing my paths! Fed up with being stuck indoors for most of the time as so much has been cancelled due to the weather. So easy to snack. Also had another tooth out and am on antibiotics again causing brain fog so struggling to find interesting things to do that will take my mind off of all that is happening.

Trying to put a plan B into place in case the flat gets a buyer who doesn't want to carry on letting but the Homechoice website isn't working. :( Estate agent came to measure up to do a valuation so feeling very unsettled.

On a plus note I have food in the fridge and the cupboard, i am warm and I have a cat to cuddle. Just very boreddddddddddddddddddd....

Can't weigh today as the battery in my scales has gone flat. :( Thank goodness for Amazon and one is now winging its way to me.

Had to cancel appointment with consultant on Thursday due to heavy snow. Psychologist cancelled on Tuesday for same reason.

GP informed me on Wednesday that an appeal to the person in charge of the independent funding panel against his decision not to pass my case to the panel for an out of area ASD assessment had been won and apparently I was presented at panel on Tuesday. Just have to wait now to see whether they have passed it.

Managed to get to pool on Monday and yesterday but no walking this week due to poor conditions underfoot. Hopefully burned a few calories snow clearing my paths! Fed up with being stuck indoors for most of the time as so much has been cancelled due to the weather. So easy to snack. Also had another tooth out and am on antibiotics again causing brain fog so struggling to find interesting things to do that will take my mind off of all that is happening.

Trying to put a plan B into place in case the flat gets a buyer who doesn't want to carry on letting but the Homechoice website isn't working. :( Estate agent came to measure up to do a valuation so feeling very unsettled.

On a plus note I have food in the fridge and the cupboard, i am warm and I have a cat to cuddle. Just very boreddddddddddddddddddd....
Cancellation are such a pain in the butt, blooming weather, glad your staying warm, have you tried adult colouring books, cross stitch or jigsaw puzzles? Xx

Weather's been awful. I was the only one pm fri who turned up to see nurse for weight loss she spent ages with me. Xxx

Wasn't able to weigh last Saturday as the battery had gone flat on my scales but a new one arrived just in time yesterday for this morning's weigh in. Was dreading what it would say as the amount of chocolate I am consuming at the moment is gross to try and deal with my anxiety and brain fog. It had gone down from 107kg to 105kg so at least I am still not going totally in the wrong direction. Even my psychologist said it was understandable I was using food to cope! Have been upping the protein more, the constipation is almost under control after my second lot of antibiotics - found drinking around three bottles of Actimel a day has helped as I knew it was the anti b's that were the problem upsetting my gut bacteria. Hopefully when it has finally settled the brain will also start to feel better. Helping it along with Dihyrolite powders to replace electrolytes.

I now have a new appointment for consultant on 18th April following snow cancellation and a new appointment for dietitian on 2nd May, so will have to change that again as she wants the two appointments spaced out more, which they were when I was supposed to be going on the 1st March.

Did hydrotherapy on Monday but had to cancel walk in the afternoon as i almost passed out at the pool and ended up going to be instead. Did aqua aerobics yesterday and that was really good fun. Off for walk this afternoon.

The flat selling process is going to be slow because of issues with the deeds and it won't go on the market for about another 6 weeks so although still anxiety making i feel i can breathe for the next month and work out a plan B or even C that may even include a holiday (much needed break) if funds will allow.

Well done on the loss.
With everything you have going on you are doing so well.
Keep going one day at a time!! X

Back