• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sam's Musings

Actually just read that as porridge with cheese. Vom!!! Lol

Bet you are glad to be off the shakes! Eugh. I can't wait...

Maybe try blending in some veg for fibre??

Gud luck on the purees :)

Actually just read that as porridge with cheese. Vom!!! Lol

Bet you are glad to be off the shakes! Eugh. I can't wait...

Maybe try blending in some veg for fibre??

Gud luck on the purees :)
Ve-egg!!! Can't do the green stuff except peas and spinach, but am going to try baked beans later. Finding it difficult to know what each day is going to bring - the last thing I needed yesterday was fibre!!:sick0019:

Bum problems are totally rubbish. I feel your pain :(
Fingers crossed for a good day today x

Well, dressings are finally off. Not one, but two District Nurses turned up to do it, half an hour apart! I did have a stitch which was sticking out so she cut it back to the knot. Have now been discharged back to GP surgery. Had another demo of measuring the injections. Here's hoping tomorrow I can get it right!!

Have done too much lifting today as there was no one else to do it so a bit sore, and tired after being out two nights running :( Both work related so looking forward to a weekend at home. Did another short drive today to drop my car off for valeting before it goes back to garage on Monday.

Was looking forward to getting my hair cut but appointment cancelled as stylist had hurt her back. :( Managing to walk about 800 yards, once or twice a day, with a break after 400. This is similar to pre-op because of my knees and back, so pleased with that. :)

Early night once I have been through the diluted meds saga...

So a mixed day? It transpires District Nurses are like buses then! Keep moving around as much as you feel able to, it sounds like you are already back at pre-op levels which is great! I hope you can rearrange the hairdresser soon. A decent cut can make the world of difference to how you feel as well as how you look x

I've been catching up on here and am glad to see you're feeling better. You've had quite the time of it.

I've been catching up on here and am glad to see you're feeling better. You've had quite the time of it.
Thanks Turps :) Some good and some bad. Watch our for the constipation, that has caused the most difficulty :(

Having bought some new clothes and nowhere to put them (my bedroom is tiny) I finally cleared out lots of clothes that are too big. Didn't want to tempt providence before I had the op. Mainly jeans, decent ones and tatty ones (should have pruned long ago), tatty, baggy t-shirts and pj's that the elastic was getting weak and now being too big they won't stay up. Four bin bags in shed waiting for charity shop and one for rags.

Drove car home from the valet man.

Feeling sore but I think that is mainly constipation and sitting at my desk for three hours (did get up occasionally) typing up minutes from a meeting.

Will be glad to see GP on Monday and see whether my 'stitch' that the hospital didn't tell me about, and the District Nurse Sister sadi wasn't there, is going to dissolve or needs to come out as it is being the most aggravating :mad:

Tried different foods today - more detail in other post

The biggest problem has been knowing when to take a laxative and how much to get the right effect!

Didn't get my wanted peaceful day as a friend I hadn't seen since pre pre-op because she has been away and then was ill, rang wanting to visit to see for herself how I was. I enjoyed her visit but looking for a hopefully blobby day tomorrow. :)

Watch our for the constipation, that has caused the most difficulty

I'm getting to that point and suspect I'll have to buy something soon. Despite reading on here it often happens it doesn't prepare you for just sitting and nothing happening.

What a big step to get rid of those too big clothes.

Hope the doctor can help stitch wise. I haven't looked under my dressings yet. I hope there's no stitches lurking.

I once found a stitch that had been left behind (from a deep cut in my leg) after they'd all been removed and removed it myself because it bugged me so much. I hope the GP can help. Well done on bagging up the clothes, the first time I did that it felt important, like I was finally trusting the op to work. Well done!

Last edited:
Those stitches - I had one that had to be cut out by my mum's GP practice as it was sticking out and I had an infection. The same wound still keeps leaking, I'm now 9 weeks out!

The constipation has been a problem for me too. The senna took 3 days to work. The dumping syndrome sorted the constipation, but not a route I'd recommend (although you've had the sleeve, haven't you) :)

I once found a stitch that had been left behind (from a deep cut in my leg) after they'd all been removed and removed it myself because it bugged me so much. I hope the GP can help. Well done on bagging up the clothes, the first time I did that it felt important, like I was finally trusting the op to work. Well done!
Yes, getting rid of them was important to me too in trusting that this was going to work and also telling myself there was no going back. I had to do it yesterday my brain was telling me, even though my body complained. I have kept one pair of jeans from when I started this journey to look at next year and see how far I have come, and my favourite owl t-shirt that I couldn't bear to part with yet and can still be used for slopping around indoors I tell myself :)

Those stitches - I had one that had to be cut out by my mum's GP practice as it was sticking out and I had an infection. The same wound still keeps leaking, I'm now 9 weeks out!

The constipation has been a problem for me too. The senna took 3 days to work. The dumping syndrome sorted the constipation, but not a route I'd recommend (although you've had the sleeve, haven't you) :)
Sorry to hear you are still having wound problems Puddy at 9 weeks out :( Do you know what is causing it? Were you told at hospital you had been given stitches? I was told i only had glue!

Haven't tried Senna yet, and am having a clear fluid and Movicol day to see if I can shift it before embarking on any more protein other than my very liquid ready break for breakfast. Some progress...

What actually is dumping syndrome and do sleever's not get it?

I can't remember being told that there would be stitches, to be honest, it was stitched with internal, dissolvable stitches! I think it's movement, but if it doesn't get any better, when I'm home permanently next week, I will head back to the practice nurse. Not infected, just weepy and breakthrough on the dressing.

I hate the taste of movicol! But when needs must...

Dumping syndrome is eating too much sugar (usually) and food moves too quickly from the stomach to the small bowel. I experienced flushes, a raised heartbeat and diarrhoea.

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/dumping-syndrome-causes-foods-treatments#1

It's not pleasant. Luckily (if you call it that), I was on my way for a nap, after driving 200 odd miles!

I can't remember being told that there would be stitches, to be honest, it was stitched with internal, dissolvable stitches! I think it's movement, but if it doesn't get any better, when I'm home permanently next week, I will head back to the practice nurse. Not infected, just weepy and breakthrough on the dressing.

I hate the taste of movicol! But when needs must...

Dumping syndrome is eating too much sugar (usually) and food moves too quickly from the stomach to the small bowel. I experienced flushes, a raised heartbeat and diarrhoea.

http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/dumping-syndrome-causes-foods-treatments#1

It's not pleasant. Luckily (if you call it that), I was on my way for a nap, after driving 200 odd miles!
Hope it gets resolved soon. Well done on driving 200 miles, I am fretting about driving 34 tomorrow!

I'm 9 1/2 weeks out now, was ok. We went to Wales for 2 weeks; had to drive, we couldn't get everything in 1 car!

I feel fine today. Just tired, but only got back from holiday yesterday!

Good luck tomorrow

Did my first proper social occasion last night where there was food! It was Book Group. I made sure I had had my puree before I went and I knew there was going to be soup which i can very happily refuse. Despite my close friends having had a conversation with me about how it was going and I explained about puree and baby food, I was still offered crisps and chocolate cake! Didn't really fancy either but realised I could have automatically have said yes and put the crisps in my mouth. The only thing I really fancied was some nice homemade bread and butter so didn't do too badly. What I am increasingly finding though is how much people go on about food and what they are eating, now, later, tomorrow... There was even a quiz to try and work out the mystery veg in the soup (it came in a veg box) so the 'cook' hadn't known what it was.
Feeling shattered today after a very busy week and not a very good night's sleep. Realised I kept wanting food and it was because I was tired so trying to boost energy levels. Gave in, in the end and went for a nap.

Filled four more bags of too big clothes (I never realised i had so much) and made a big puree with Quorn and other things that resembled a curry and put it into snack pots. Went to heat one for tea and the microwave has stopped heating! It was yucky cold :( :( and now I feel sick. It is old and was given to me but not something I wanted to pack up now. New microwave now ordered for delivery on Sunday and will need to find someone to unpack it and hump them.

Feeling very restricted tonight and hope the M of M works soon. Was too weary to go to chemist and pick up Lactulose ... ZZzzz

Back