• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sam's Musings

Leaving to go to hospital in 30 mins, so last post before I go. Thanks for all the support and will contact you all when I reach the other side and get home. Again good wishes to those of you who are on the same journey as me tomorrow. xx
Good luck! I am just packing to get ready for a very early start tomorrow morning. Let's hope everything goes smoothly for us all :)

Good luck, Sam.

Good luck :)

Lots of luck Sam !

Good Luck, Sam x

Hi Sam,

Hope everything has gone well and you are recovering quickly and being well looked after. Do you need anything?

Need a good ramble and don't have the brain power yet to set up a new post-op thread.

Two weeks out and it has had some tough moments which i have documented in September 2016 Surgeries, but thought things were getting better.

A bout of constipation and difficulty in getting the right laxative in my rural idyll, and I now have a UTI :( Have finally given in and gone on the antibiotics that were sitting there in case of the wound infection. Now feel yuk, which is a typical reaction for me, but not one I need right now! Two nights of disturbed sleep up peeing, chronic trapped wind, bloating and itching in all sorts of places, scars and non scars. Nurse said drink plenty of water to flush it through. Hah!!

Feeling depressed today and no visitors in sight over the weekend. Tried a short walk yesterday which was good but went to sleep as soon as i got home. Can't go too far from the toilet.:sick0019:

On the plus side i can bend and pick things up off the floor without the feeling of pain or burning, and some small dressings are off.

Am going to give driving a go on Monday, and looking forward to puree on Tuesday, and have some bananas coming in my Tesco order on Wednesday - my most missed food :apple:

Need a good ramble and don't have the brain power yet to set up a new post-op thread.

Two weeks out and it has had some tough moments which i have documented in September 2016 Surgeries, but thought things were getting better.

A bout of constipation and difficulty in getting the right laxative in my rural idyll, and I now have a UTI :( Have finally given in and gone on the antibiotics that were sitting there in case of the wound infection. Now feel yuk, which is a typical reaction for me, but not one I need right now! Two nights of disturbed sleep up peeing, chronic trapped wind, bloating and itching in all sorts of places, scars and non scars. Nurse said drink plenty of water to flush it through. Hah!!

Feeling depressed today and no visitors in sight over the weekend. Tried a short walk yesterday which was good but went to sleep as soon as i got home. Can't go too far from the toilet.:sick0019:

On the plus side i can bend and pick things up off the floor without the feeling of pain or burning, and some small dressings are off.

Am going to give driving a go on Monday, and looking forward to puree on Tuesday, and have some bananas coming in my Tesco order on Wednesday - my most missed food :apple:
I too am looking forward to puree on Tuesday - I have the opposite problem - definitely no constipation and also cannot go far from the bathroom. I think it is the vitamin supplement for me - will be happy to finish the prescription in about 2 weeks. Some days I am fine and active, but others- like today I am sleepy and tired.

No laxatives worked for me till I took dulcolax... wow now I take them and I defo can't leave the house ..lol x

Sorry you're having such a tough time. A uti is the last thing you need.

Hopefully the only way is up now @SAM55 as the song says. I'm glad you have some things to look forward to this week and fingers crossed your body starts behaving itself now x

Sorry things have been so rough Sam, hope the uti clears up and you start to feel more human!

I miss bananas too - I seem to have an intolerance for them as they give me stomach pains - linked to my latex sensitivity apparently! As are avocados- they make me sick!

I haven't been brave enough to try them with my pouch but I will one day! I have really missed being able to eat them, or have them in a smoothie - I used to really enjoy a banana milkshake/smoothie for breakfast.

ok, so have now developed an allergic reaction to the antibiotics. Itching where the sun doesn't shine which I suspect is thrush, but have also got lumps there too which are like hives. Have done some research and this is a reported reaction, and apparently is ok if it doesn't get too bad. Can't face out of hours doctor tonight and the faff of trying to get a lift. :( Am going to see what tomorrow brings...
Hopefully the only way is up now @SAM55 as the song says. I'm glad you have some things to look forward to this week and fingers crossed your body starts behaving itself now x
Sorry things have been so rough Sam, hope the uti clears up and you start to feel more human!

I miss bananas too - I seem to have an intolerance for them as they give me stomach pains - linked to my latex sensitivity apparently! As are avocados- they make me sick!

I haven't been brave enough to try them with my pouch but I will one day! I have really missed being able to eat them, or have them in a smoothie - I used to really enjoy a banana milkshake/smoothie for breakfast.
Thanks Hannah. Feeling sorry for myself today but at least constipation has gone and wind is moving.
I can't imagine life without bananas and sorry you are allergic to them :(

I quite often get thrush when I have too many antibiotics. When I am prescribed certain antibiotics, I now ask for canesten at the same time! Only annoying thing is that there is no point treating it until the antibiotics have finished!

Hope it eases soon, if it gets worse please check with the doctor, they may need to change the type you have been given.

I quite often get thrush when I have too many antibiotics. When I am prescribed certain antibiotics, I now ask for canesten at the same time! Only annoying thing is that there is no point treating it until the antibiotics have finished!

Hope it eases soon, if it gets worse please check with the doctor, they may need to change the type you have been given.
The itching has stopped today as I reduced the size of the dose. It isn't my usual UTI antibiotic as apparently I cannot get it in liquid form, and it was originally prescribed for my green ooze but I didn't need it. The doctor I spoke to said take this. Me and antibiotics don't go together :(

Oh no Sam ! That totally sucks Hun .. I hope you feel better really soon
Xxxx

Feeling a bit better today thanks. Back to the constipation it appears, but managed my first purees. :) Porridge with cinnamon and cottage cheese with mash.:eatdrink012:Have just spotted this emoji and it summons up what i feel about shakes at the moment :eatdrink017:The one side affect I haven't suffered since the op fortunately (yet) is vomiting.

Drove a very short journey in the car yesterday to see what it felt like. It was ok, but needed to avoid three point turns!

Back