• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sam's Musings

Well done on the walking, how did you get on with your swimming costumes?
Thanks. :) Both fit just - one slightly more so than the other so have decided to keep both, particularly as one of them was very cheap (not in sale) so may not be very good quality. No doubt they will stretch and also a few more pounds off will make a different. I also have a bad habit of when putting them on a rinse cycle afterwards of forgetting to check I have turned the dryer setting off from a previous cycle so it doesn't do the elastic any good! :( Going to try the spotty one tomorrow...

You don't need to be able to swim to exercise in a swimming pool. Check out hydrotherapy or aquafit sessions. I go to both and there are many non-swimmers in there. Great form of exercise, good for the joints and helps tone the droopy bits. :)

Many of our food cravings are down to our tongues and the oral satisfaction we get from different textures. As your is crisps then try brushing your tongue with your toothbrush when you feel the urge, so it gets the stimulation that the crunchiness of crisps gives it and see if that helps? As you tell yourself you can't have chocolates for health reasons then repeat the same for crisps. Affirmations repeated everyday for three weeks start to lodge in the brain creating automatic thoughts. Stick it on your food cupboard door to remind you.

What hobbies do you have? Do you do crafts, or something to keep you occupied? Do some volunteering, take up some study.

Thanks for the compliments :)
@SAM55 thanks for the tip with the crisps as they truly are my downfall. I will treat it as an allergy now! Great idea and will try oral stimulation with my toothbrush.
I don't have any spare time when my annual leave is used up in 2 weeks. I work every minute my boy in school then with my boy constantly. Would love the break to go to a pool class lol. Hence I am reluctant to pay gym fees as won't have a minute free soon. The evenings alone when he is asleep is hard. Food was my company for many years last 12 years at least at night. Need to fill that gap. Would love to take up something like crocheting to do something with my hands and not like past behavior dipping in crisp bag or biscuit packet!

Change of taste tonight for something different. Cubes of Japanese spicy tofu with tinned vegetable curry. Was worried it might be a bit hot but it wasn't. :) Rather yummy, which is just as well as there are two more portions in the freezer. Will be interesting to see if there are any reactions tomorrow. Off for my first eating out curry on Friday for a friend's birthday. Can't decide whether to order just a starter, or a full size meal and get a doggy bag. :eatdrink023: Can't manage rice or nan. :( Will decide on the night whether I can stomach some lassi 30 mins before and after, as it is so lovely. :eating:

Did a mile and a half walk today in freezing rain. Was quite invigorating and I was well wrapped up other than my trousers were soaked when I got back so my legs were very cold. Don't want to buy any over trousers this winter as they won't fit next! Was straight into a hot shower as suffered a lot of leg pain last week after getting wet, even though i changed my slightly wet trousers as soon as I got in. :(

Curry out tonight cancelled as people can't get out because of the snow. :( That's my social life this week down the drain as I have to get on with my essay over the weekend, plus a funding application to write, which I should have done this afternoon but got distracted by other things... :badmood::tomato:

Oh no, what a disappointment. I'm sorry @SAM55 , I hope the weekend improves x

Nice new trainers suitable for walking, with good heel support and lots of bounce to absorb the shock. Tried lots on but ended up paying double what I intended but they still had £20 off and are a good make, so hopefully will last. Have been wearing Crocs for the past four years for knees and ease. Was impressed I could try them on in the shop standing up and could bend down and tie the laces! :) Needed a smaller size than usual! Has anyone else ended up with smaller feet?? Tried them out and did about a mile and very comfortable.

Hi, my feet shrank! Had to buy a new outfit for my sons wedding as the original one was too big, did not think to check shoes as the colour was o k. Nightmare day then trying to keep the shoes on my feet, how does that happen without noticing!!

Hi, my feet shrank! Had to buy a new outfit for my sons wedding as the original one was too big, did not think to check shoes as the colour was o k. Nightmare day then trying to keep the shoes on my feet, how does that happen without noticing!!
I don't know, mine were fine two weeks ago!o_O:confused: My socks are also too big now which is annoying as I bought lots of new ones for the winter. :(

Have well and truly fallen off the wagon today. :(

Stress levels quite high at the moment (as amongst other things I am trying to get my OU done and have got stuck and can't speak to anyone until Tuesday to help me), which i have been trying, not very successfully, to manage in ways other than food. Have been waiting since Thursday for some news which I wasn't expecting to be very good anyway, and received it today by email, bad news and different bad news to what I was expecting, and not given by the person I was expecting it from, who got it on Friday. It has raised loads of questions that I cannot discuss with anyone other than the person who sent me the email, and she is too busy to talk to me until Tuesday! Messaged a friend to see if she was free for a chat but she was at the gym and then was going straight to an appointment with her accountant.

Went for a drive to try and distract myself and ended up at the garage where I bought a bag of Fridge Raiders and a bag of chocolate raisins and they have all been eaten!!! All because I wasn't able to talk to someone. :( :(

I'm sorry you weren't able to talk to anyone sam and if it's any comfort we are here if u need to vent. Fridge raiders were a bad choice and The raisins too but I understand why you're frustrated that you ended up eating because of the stress. It's a very long journey and you're still learning to deal with all of this and with time you'll get there. We don't expect you to be perfect so vent away and we will be here for you. Hope your evening is better x

I'm sorry you weren't able to talk to anyone sam and if it's any comfort we are here if u need to vent. Fridge raiders were a bad choice and The raisins too but I understand why you're frustrated that you ended up eating because of the stress. It's a very long journey and you're still learning to deal with all of this and with time you'll get there. We don't expect you to be perfect so vent away and we will be here for you. Hope your evening is better x
Thanks Starry for being sympathetic. Wet, foggy, January, Sunday afternoons are never good at the best of times. :( I have calmed down a bit now and so far the only effect has been wind so probably better that I am on my own!

So sorry to hear this. Bad news really floors me too. I have bitten my nails down so much these last few week while I am dealing with the DWP! Hope you cn feel better soon.
Thanks Penny. Sorry to hear you are still waiting. :( Hope you hear a good result soon. :hugs:

How many calories are there in a finger nail? ;)

Hugs girls.....hang in there :) am sure the waiting and not knowing is always worse.......... sometimes just opening the emails has me in a state of panic x x x xhope all comes out good in the end x x x

Firstly well done on your loss @SAM55 you are doing really well and I am sure the increasing exercise will deal with the stress food. I tend to find myself hunting out sweets when I'm stressed too so I know what that feels like. I am really sorry you've had bad news and I know how much worse it feels when you can't even talk it through with someone because sometimes that can be just what you need. We are here if we can help x

Back