• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sam's Musings

SAM55

Just cancelled my holiday that I only booked last week :( Decided moving house and a road trip around Scotland in the space of a couple of weeks would be too much and a strain on the cash flow. Also need to settle my cat and find new cat sitters... Hopefully can rebook something once I am settled so I have something else to look forward to.

Emma1504

That’s sad but a wise decision. It’s going to be a little stressful as it is without worrying about money etc.
But it will give you something to plan & focus on after everything settles down. X

Elias

I echo the others congratulations on getting a new flat. A change of space can do your head the world of good.
Had you lived close by I'm cat mad and would have gladly cat sit! (That's my little tyrant in my profile pic)

Bling Babe

8lb lost this week :) No Twirl bars for a few days. Busy decluttering and organising.
That’s fantastic Sam55, you must feel so pleased xx

Bling Babe

Hi Sam, how are you doing, is everything going to plan with the new flat?
I’m pleased to say that I have, at long last, completed reading you while diary, you really have been through it haven’t you but you have really inspired me, you have managed to bounce right back just about all the time and I admire you for that.
I hope the de-cluttering and organising is going well ( I’m a do’er, I love to organise ) and that it’s helping to keep you mind occupied and away fro. The dreaded twirls.
Take care Sam xx

SAM55

Hi Sam, how are you doing, is everything going to plan with the new flat?
I’m pleased to say that I have, at long last, completed reading you while diary, you really have been through it haven’t you but you have really inspired me, you have managed to bounce right back just about all the time and I admire you for that.
I hope the de-cluttering and organising is going well ( I’m a do’er, I love to organise ) and that it’s helping to keep you mind occupied and away fro. The dreaded twirls.
Take care Sam xx
Aww Thanks Bling xx

A fellow do'er/organiser eh! Yes, it's going well so far thanks. The decorator has now been in, it's been cleaned and awaiting a new bed to be delivered on Monday. Rest of furniture going on Thursday. In the meantime still de-cluttering, cannot believe how much stuff I have that I don't really need anymore! I make the excuse that I couldn't clear it before because of my knee. :p Only one Twirl this week and that was on my way to a meeting to change my name by deedpoll so i was somewhat nervous... I will still be SAM on here though.

My favourite bit tomorrow, a trip to IKEA :D:)

Hope your recovery is continuing to go well. xx

Bling Babe

SAM55

Well, the 'all going well' came to an abrupt halt this morning as I had another fainting attack after some porridge got stuck (2nd time, 1st time last July with something different) due to low blood pressure. Not what you need when you are trying to move house! Knees very sore, flat in a mess and not as packed as it should be for the movers tomorrow and as my old bed was picked up today (should have been Monday, so have been sleeping on mattress for past few nights) I am going to be sleeping in my 'new to me bed' tonight in new flat. All feeling somewhat stressful and really hoping i get a good night's sleep so I can cope with tomorrow.

Should have gone to see hospital dietitian this morning but wasn't able to given I wasn't able to drive. Did manage to speak to her by phone though and she was very supportive. Food choices at the moment aren't good and now I am scared to eat more than a mouthful at a time. Also having to keep checking blood pressure before and after I do anything.

Bling Babe

Well, the 'all going well' came to an abrupt halt this morning as I had another fainting attack after some porridge got stuck (2nd time, 1st time last July with something different) due to low blood pressure. Not what you need when you are trying to move house! Knees very sore, flat in a mess and not as packed as it should be for the movers tomorrow and as my old bed was picked up today (should have been Monday, so have been sleeping on mattress for past few nights) I am going to be sleeping in my 'new to me bed' tonight in new flat. All feeling somewhat stressful and really hoping i get a good night's sleep so I can cope with tomorrow.

Should have gone to see hospital dietitian this morning but wasn't able to given I wasn't able to drive. Did manage to speak to her by phone though and she was very supportive. Food choices at the moment aren't good and now I am scared to eat more than a mouthful at a time. Also having to keep checking blood pressure before and after I do anything.
Aw Sam please take it easy my love, we’re you alone when that happened? have you got some help with moving, they say it’s one of the most stressful things you can do, (I’m grateful I’ve lived in my house for 34 years).i hope you do slee well and tomorrow goes smoothly xx

Emma1504

What rubbish timing!!! Hope you are feeling better.

Hope tomorrow goes ok then you can unpack, settle in & then worry about getting on track with you eating. One thing at a time

SAM55

Aw Sam please take it easy my love, we’re you alone when that happened? have you got some help with moving, they say it’s one of the most stressful things you can do, (I’m grateful I’ve lived in my house for 34 years).i hope you do slee well and tomorrow goes smoothly xx
I was alone Bling - story of my life as I live alone. Feeling less sore today and have lots of help over the next few days.

SAM55

What rubbish timing!!! Hope you are feeling better.

Hope tomorrow goes ok then you can unpack, settle in & then worry about getting on track with you eating. One thing at a time
Thanks Emma. My only food plan for a week or so is not to get constipated! It has been the main cause of so many of my post op problems. :(

Maria61

So sorry you are struggling and hope you feel better soon xx