• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sarah's Pre Op diary

Sarah101

Well it's been 36 hrs since I booked and paid for my Op.

As a single mum to 3 boys who has spent the last 10 years avoiding looking in the mirror, never trying on clothes, hating shopping and worse still hating myself and how I look; I know I need to put all that behind me. The future arrives every new second and I need to be fully present from here on in.

I have had second thoughts though and the constant question... "Am I doing the right thing?" There are so many horror stories and facing into that seems pretty scary. However... I want to be in the photographs of my children.. I want to be a visible memory and not just someone hidden in their private thoughts... I don't want to hide behind the camera... I want to be right there with them.

Something has to change and this is the start of something different.

I decided to tell my mum yesterday. I don't what anyone else to know and I am worried that she won't keep it a secret. I don't want to be judged for this decision so is important to me that I keep this to myself. She has been really supportive and is coming with me to the hospital. It's a 2 hrs drive so this is a big help.

The op is booked for July 11th and I will try and put my thoughts and feelings down as I lead up to that when I can.

Feel free to hold my virtual hand along the way.

Hello
the only judging if any you should get us well done her for chaging her life for the better!

Last edited:
Congratulations on getting your op booked. I know it's scary and there's a lot to think about, whether it's right or not for you, but it sounds like you've got great reasons for going ahead and getting control of this. It's a brave thing to do, to voluntarily have your insides fiddled with. I didn't tell many people that I was having an op, for fear of being judged, or being told horror stories or having people's opinions whether I liked or not. Some people still don't know but I wouldn't lie if someone asked me out right. I'm proud of myself for choosing to have this operation and taking control of my life and if people judge me now, I'm ready to give them what for!

Glad you've got your mums support and you've found this place too. It'll all be fine :)

Hi Sarah I totally understand why you don't want people to know about your decision to have surgery. I feel the same, to date I have only confided in my husband who has supported me through surgery and both pre and post op..... I haven't told my family as I am very worried they will judge me and my decision to proceed with the surgery. Onwards with ur new lifestyle and downwards with ur weight loss .... Stay positive xx

Thanks Yvonne - really appreciate your kind words. I'm starting to feel very positive about things today. I went for a pre op blood pressure appointment today and the lady before me had lost 100Ibs. She looked amazing!

Good Luck Sarah and all the best with your op.

What procedure are you having?

I am not long behind you. I am having a sleeve in the 23rd July and had my pre op today. I am starting the LSD next Wednesday. Like you, I have only told a handful of people.

Let us know how you get on and take care.

Lisa

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi violet angel,

I'm having a band fitted. I'm getting very excited about the prospect now. I am prepared as I can be for the after effects but am going to stick to the rules.

Not long now....

:)

Good luck Sarah :)

I was banded my Mr Super 8 months ago :)

The absolute best thing I have ever done in my life x

3lb to go for target (9:8)

My scars have almost disappeared, no loose skin, no stretch marks :)

My best advice would be :

To follow the guidelines (20, 20,20, no bite bigger than your thumbnail, protein first, then veg, then carbs)
Join the gym, or get walking, swimming, whatever you enjoy
Expect a pound or two loss a week, its not a magic wand ;)
LOVE YOUR BAND, WORK WITH IT :)

Week 1
Measure your self, waist, thigh, hips, under bust ..... You will SHRINK EVERY WEEK :)

If you have any probs or questions, drop me a pm x x x

Daisy dot I cant send points (sent too many lol) but just wanted to say 'great advise and fantastic support' wtg hun you are so positive this place would be poorer without you x x x x Model bander here :)

ooooh yes you can send rep points ...in fact have sent you loads before LOL if you like a comment at the bottom there is a scale icon click on and send points :) it adds to peoples reputation x x x will have you all doing it now LOL

I didn't know about rep points either. You learn something new everyday :) xx

Update... only 14 and a bit days to go

So the op is fast approaching and I have to say I am getting excited if not a little bit nervous.

I woke up with a huge coldsore on my lip today which is just stress as I got made redundant and my last day was last week. I haven't had one in such a long time so was gutted.. that's all I need - turning up to interviews with a fat body and a scabby face. Very hard not to get down but hey ho... ignore it and it wont last long.

I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep... all I could think about was the OP... and what I need to do to get organised post op.. thinking of making lots of homemade liquid meals and sticking them in the freezer for ease.

I'm having the op on July 11th which is a Saturday... and my kids come back to me from their dads on Monday so hoping that it wont be too difficult for those first couple of days. I'm not planning on telling them but if I say I am not well then they will take care of me I'm sure. They are good boys most of the time and always willing to give mum some love and care (as long as there are no fights going on over the xbox that require my intervention).

Feeling a bit tired today after my sleepless night so going to take the dog for a walk and probably settle down in front of the TV and have an early night..

Rock'n'roll folks!

Hi violet angel, I'm having a band fitted. I'm getting very excited about the prospect now. I am prepared as I can be for the after effects but am going to stick to the rules. Not long now.... :)

All the best Hun :) you will do great x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Not long now Sarah :D
when do u start the pre op diet?
Well I am now one week and one day post surgery and feeling well .... My daughter doesn't know I've had a band fitted and I've managed to keep it from her just said I wasn't feeling to well with an upset tummy! You will be ok :D xx

Not long now Sarah :D
when do u start the pre op diet?
Well I am now one week and one day post surgery and feeling well .... My daughter doesn't know I've had a band fitted and I've managed to keep it from her just said I wasn't feeling to well with an upset tummy! You will be ok :D xx

Hi

They didn't want me to do a pre op diet. But not long to wait now. I have my meeting with the dietician tomorrow though so that may change.

Do you think you will be able to keep it a secret from your daughter? I went to our village fete today and had a lovely bbq and suddenly realised that this will all change in future. I worry that people will see that I am eating tiny portions and really slowly bit I think the reality is nobody pays attention to other people eating habits.

Xx

I only had to do a 5 day pre op diary which wasn't to bad. I'm not sure if I will be able to keep it from my daughter in the longer run but for now I don't feel ready to tell her.

I don't think people do pay attention to how or what other people eat.... I know how you feel I do mourn the fact that I will not be able to eat normally again but it seems u get use to it and just have smaller portions?? I know for me this was the right decision as I am sooooo unhappy as I am :'(.

Remember why you've made this decision and just ensure you enjoy the foods you do have. Not long now to a slimmer you and a happier you xx

So I had my pre op dietician appointment and she said I should definitely try and cut down 1 week before the op. So with that in mind I'm going to start on Saturday.

I'm weirdly looking forward to it :)

Back