• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Scared from sheffield!!

danic-johnson

Hi I'm actually living in Rotherham but having my surgery done in Sheffield by mr ackroyd, has anyone here had surgery under him whether it was nhs or private, I would really like to hear your experiences. X

Hi danic. I'm sure someone will be along to chat to you soon. I can't help as I'm in Cornwall and still pre-op at the moment. Just wanted to say Hi as I'm a 'Rotherham lass' originally.

I had Mr Ackroyd, he's great and there doesn't seem to be a huge waiting list - from asking dr to op in six months - good luck xx

Hey, I've gone private with my ackroyd in having it done at claremont on sept. 4. Very very nervous :( did you have any problems after surgery? How much have you list etc x

Had mine on eigth Feb this year and I've lost 105.5 lbs, I was nervous in theatre but that was all, liver diet not as bad as you'd think, got minor infection in one of suture sites but short course antibiotics helped that and a bit of a chest infection straight after which again cleared up with the tablets, totally worth doing xx

I'm worried about infection plus I'm a smoker :( what type of pre op diet did mr ackroyd have on and if you don't mind me asking what was your starting weight, just trying to see if it's anything like mine. That's a fantastic weight loss btw x

He operated on me 5 weeks tomorrow at the Thornbury.

Excellent surgeon, came round every morning to see how I was.

Only problems I had were a bit of a chest infection and one of the wounds took a bit longer to heal.

I keep hearing about chest infections and it's scaring me. You weight 1 st less than me and I've been told to just do a low calorie but but to be honest I think I would rather do I liquid diet, I'm seeing him 2 weeks before my Surrey so I might do the low calorie one now and then speak to him about the last 2 weeks x

I was banded privately by mr ackroyd at the Claremont. don't worry, it's a speedy journey and for me trouble free so not sure on these rumours you're worrying about?!

Mr Ackroyd is doing my bypass next Monday at The Thornbury in Sheffield.
He is renowned for been an excellent surgeon so you should be in safe hands!
Em xxx

I keep hearing about chest infections and it's scaring me. You weight 1 st less than me and I've been told to just do a low calorie but but to be honest I think I would rather do I liquid diet, I'm seeing him 2 weeks before my Surrey so I might do the low calorie one now and then speak to him about the last 2 weeks x

Welcome. Can't say about your surgeon but from the 2 replies about chest infections I think that is just a bit of bad luck, not the norm. It's always a risk with an anaesthetic but most people are just fine and as you can see even those who had a few probs got them sorted. Try not to worry, I'm sure your surgeon will help put your mind at rest :) x

hi, i had my surgery at thornbury by mr patel who is part of dr ackroyd team, the team as a whole are fab you will definatly be in safe hands, as far as im aware the only pre op diet they like you to do is the milk and yogurt, as for smoking they do insist you get off the fags altogether which as a heavy smoker myself i found very difficult, i only managed to stop two days before my op but they will tell you at your pre op you take the risk of surgery not taking place.
anyway hope all goes well for you.

sam x

I had the group session on 19th july at NGH and first consultant appointment on 12th sept with Mr Ackroyd. Ive never met him but have researched him and have seen what others have said about him. It seems to be that he is one of the best surgeons around.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

So anyone that has Do the milk diet from me ackroyd could you tell me what exactly your allowed or suppose to have. I actually love milk btw lol x

Think it was 4pt milk and 2 lf yogurts a day...nothing else!

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Semi or skimmed and diet or light yoghurts.

Was three pints of milk.

Back