• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2015 Surgeries

I took a pillow for the journey home I didn't use it as seat belt didn't touch any of my scars. I just found the speed bumps and bumps in the road a little painful but not too bad x

Hi everyone
I had a mini gastric bypass in Belgium on sept 11th
I had 2 weeks liquid and 2 weeks puree, so am 3 days into the second week of puree and can't wait for real food, think it will be easier to get the protein in then, lots of fish and veggies, lo carbs
Have little pots and freeze stuff but I seem to end up with a panful of puree and you really don't want the same each day
Niccie you seem so organised, I am going to look on your diary -thanks

I am very organised! However I am finding it much harder to get the protein in as I can only eat small volumes. Liquid was easy!

It is, glad it's not just me
I'm having salmon and asparagus on Friday I can't wait ?

Hi all, hope you don't mind me joining in with this thread- im day 5 post-op from sleeve gastrectomy and I am feeling like what have I done!!!! I want to just sit down with popcorn and chocolate and have a good munch, I could cry for something nice- how do you cope without having food to help you cope- if you know what I mean?
Suzi(sad)

Hi susie, well done for being sleeved, by week 3 you'll be feeling a lot better and be glad. Instead of food as a treat or reward find something different, watching movie, painting nails etc.., I found I loved ready made chocolate slimfast so it felt like a treat, bit like a friji ?

I just keep looking at a fat photo, hating it then not feeling too bad about the restrictions, once you get over the liquid then puree stage, eating will become more normal, I am also getting to hate all the foods which made me fat - like they are the enemy now
And I had MGB but to be honest, I just couln't eat loads and keep telling myself that what little I do eat has to count, especially protein for healing my insides so just pass through the down phase and like niccie says, different rewards, it feels great when you have to get rid of clothes that suddenly are falling off you, way better than chocolate
good luck suzic xx

Hi all, hope you don't mind me joining in with this thread- im day 5 post-op from sleeve gastrectomy and I am feeling like what have I done!!!! I want to just sit down with popcorn and chocolate and have a good munch, I could cry for something nice- how do you cope without having food to help you cope- if you know what I mean? Suzi(sad)
I was sleeved 29 th September so not far ahead of you.i was feeling exactly same last week and a week on I can't believe the difference. I went to bed Sunday feeling really fed up, got up Monday and restriction had gone in my throat which made life so much easier. Then by Wednesday evening I was able to swallow a bit more these feeling of air gulping. It does get better and at the moment your default setting ( if like me) is comfort from food ( and wine lol). I felt loads better last night my chum came over who was having her first Surgiversary. She has lost 6 stones and looks fab. Eating fairly normally just small portions. There is light at the end of the tunnel xxxx Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Last edited:
Thanks girls, those three comments have really helped. Would still love a big piece of chocolate cake right enough haha
xx

How are you doing Suzi
Hope the desire for the chocolate cake passed and you are doing OK x

I had my bypass mid September and it is my first day back at work today.
Weight loss since surgery is 17k (8 weeks ago)
Weight loss pre surgery including LSD was 25k.
I am starting to feel a lot better and have noticed little things like the gap between my belly and the steering wheel when I drive. It was non existant before!
The rest of you seem to be doing really well - congratulations!

Well done x

Back