• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2015 Surgeries

vain

Hi guys am vain had my op 7th August bypass so far lost 12kg has anyone got surgery in sept ?

potter

Hi Vain.
Thanks for posting this thread - I have been looking for a September surgery thread as I'm going in for a gastric bypass tomorrow (with Mr Rao at the North Staffs Hospital).

The hospital have prepared me well I think but it's not the same as hearing from someone who's been through it. I've just been stalking you on the August surgery thread and you're doing amazing! :)

This all feels a bit strange, I usually like to be in control of everything and hate the unknown. From reading people's experience on here it seems some (like you!) do really well but others have a really hard time. I just can't imagine how I'm going to feel afterwards. The liver shrinking diet has been pure hell and I feel like eating my own arm, but I've stuck to it and have lost 14lbs over the last 2 weeks. I just hope it gets easier post-bypass.

This really is a last resort for me. I've been on every diet under the sun and have even lost loads of weight in the past - but I always end up piling it all back on and more besides. I'm too old now (52!) to carry on like this as it's wrecking my health.

I'll come back here when I'm home after surgery to keep up with everyone, hope it's not too long before I'm fit and well and back at work and on the road to a new improved me.

potter xx

vain

Hi Vain. Thanks for posting this thread - I have been looking for a September surgery thread as I'm going in for a gastric bypass tomorrow (with Mr Rao at the North Staffs Hospital). The hospital have prepared me well I think but it's not the same as hearing from someone who's been through it. I've just been stalking you on the August surgery thread and you're doing amazing! :) This all feels a bit strange, I usually like to be in control of everything and hate the unknown. From reading people's experience on here it seems some (like you!) do really well but others have a really hard time. I just can't imagine how I'm going to feel afterwards. The liver shrinking diet has been pure hell and I feel like eating my own arm, but I've stuck to it and have lost 14lbs over the last 2 weeks. I just hope it gets easier post-bypass. This really is a last resort for me. I've been on every diet under the sun and have even lost loads of weight in the past - but I always end up piling it all back on and more besides. I'm too old now (52!) to carry on like this as it's wrecking my health. I'll come back here when I'm home after surgery to keep up with everyone, hope it's not too long before I'm fit and well and back at work and on the road to a new improved me. potter xx
ah Hun same here hated LRD was hell and I was no angel but honest it's the best thing I could of done it's hard but you just need to crack on with it you pre op loss is fab so just relax and take each day as it comes I don't regret anything but in the first few weeks after op I'd say if I knew what I knew now then I prob would not have had it done but am over that now thank god as this is giving me a chance to have my life back I have a super supportive husband so really lucky and my kids all grown and support me it's a massive op and I think that's what I took for granted take your time to health there's no rush or race let your body heal and listen too it xxxx

lalole

Jax
not long now are you on LRD? Well best of luck x

Yeah I'm doing the diet, started a week early and kind of regretting doing that now as I'm finding it hard. I've been logging calories in my fitness pal and as I'm sometimes missing out the fruit or not having as much veg I've been having a little bit more meat or the odd slice of cheese, not sure if this is ok but its still under the 1000 calories and under 100g of carbs x

Bonita S

Should have been Sept 17th but postponed until Oct 8th for further tests and because hospital are insisting a more senior surgeon is in attendance. Good luck at anybody else having their surgery in Sept and hope it goes well. x

Trish933

Hi everyone! I have my bypass at Taunton on Monday. My LSD was 4 slimfast shakes a day, and I am glad there are so many flavours! Am really excited for surgery, it took me so long to get this far!

lalole

Jax
Hi everyone! I have my bypass at Taunton on Monday. My LSD was 4 slimfast shakes a day, and I am glad there are so many flavours! Am really excited for surgery, it took me so long to get this far!

Good luck, you have more willpower than me, dont think i could live on slimfast x

traceyb79

Oh brilliant, I was just looking to see if there was a thread for September.

I am going in for the band on 26th at Dolan park. Am starting my pre op diet on Sunday and will probably just be using op exante bars and shakes that I have left over.

Am looking for to seeing everyone's progress x

niccie

Well I'm 3.5 weeks into my liquid diet and I've got quite used to it and doing fine. By about 2 weeks I felt a lot better. I do have to be careful about carrying heavy things or reaching up with my left hand as it gets a bit uncomfortable but it will go in time. 12.4kg lost in 5.5 weeks including pre op, that's nearly 2 stone so I'm pleased. I am very organised and have eating plans for each day and set timers after food to know when to start drinking again. Sad but it works!! X

mrsb1

I'm having sleeve done in Belguim on 29th , started pre op yesterday. Glad to be getting on with it after past week of binging and tears.
HERE WE GO! Good luck peops xxx. Vain you are doing amazingly well x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery