• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Should i tell work????

OneSweet2Many

Hi all,

I know a few weeks ago there was a thread about this but can't find it.
I don't really want to tell them I'm having WLS because I'm quite a private person and if you tell one... You tell all!!
I heard people saying about Gall Bladders... Any others?

I told work but I did keep it from my neighbours. I live in a road full of lovely old ladies but they do like to gossip so I told them I had a hernia repair because they were asking where I'd been and why I had a pillow in my car. They accepted it without question. I imagine anyone at work would do the same and you can get your GP to give you a certificate for lap surgery or abdominal surgery, they have to respect your right to confidentiality. You might get some people who wonder when you start losing weight but if you are private person and you don't want them to know then they can wonder all they like, it's your business.

you dont need to tell them what you are having done just stomach surgery would do and am sure as others say your sick note wont say surgery to loose weight its none of your bosses business either surgery should be enough

The only reason I have told people is because I didn't want them feeling sorry for me thinking I was ill.

I know just how you feel. We had a client come in the otherday. And she mentioned she was having a gastric bypyss done on the nhs and you should have heard what they said when she left. She should be able to loose weight etc etc she was lazy greedy etc why should they have to pay for it with their taxes etc etc. I said well what about smokers etc. So am not telling them when I get it done hope my doc wil say something else too. They can think and guess what they like its none of their business!

Back