• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shout out to the active Sleevers

Hi I was sleeved on 21/09/2013 no regrets....do have a bit of head hunger lol not hungry but missing biting something solid ha, other than first day after surgery I have had no pains and other than the tiredness Im doing ok :) x
right with you there I had my op on the 5th October, how are you settling in to the life style ?

I'm back down on the ward now. It's been quite painful at times and I'm desperate to drink. Got to wait til the swallow X-ray this afternoon. Fingers crossed there's no leaks. Taking all painkillers offered as there's no point sat there without.

I've been in a bit of a sleepy haze, morphine & tramadol I thank you, hopefully it'll get easier to manage without today. It's less than 24hrs yet and I was glad to be up and about. The commode was a low point but using the proper loo since about midnight.

Oh, you'll feel fine soon, the day after the op I felt so much better. I agree, the commode is horrible, but they are used to it and don't think anything of it. The morning after, I had a shower and felt so much better. Hope you get some sleep tonight x

Hiiii :) I'm about 35lbs down in 8 weeks :)

I'm back down on the ward now. It's been quite painful at times and I'm desperate to drink. Got to wait til the swallow X-ray this afternoon. Fingers crossed there's no leaks. Taking all painkillers offered as there's no point sat there without.

I've been in a bit of a sleepy haze, morphine & tramadol I thank you, hopefully it'll get easier to manage without today. It's less than 24hrs yet and I was glad to be up and about. The commode was a low point but using the proper loo since about midnight.
Hi,

Sorry I missed your original post - hope you're feeling better it's amazing the variations that we all have with not only how our post surgery pain levels were but also the guidance of our various providers.

I wish you all the very best for the future and welcome to the losers bench - the only thing on here that we celebrate getting bigger :D

AE.

Home tonight, feeling quite exhausted, it's hard to drink anything still but I've been persisting. Warm seems to go down better than cold. Gotta keep on sipping though. It's quite a skill.

Congratulations on your surgery! Hope your starting to pull round a little? Your on the losers bench now Hun and there's no going back!! Here's to a new skinny mini version of yourself!!! I'm 23 weeks out, and 7.5 stone down including ore op of 2 stone! Woohoo!!! Xx

Hi, i'm pre op and have found this thread very interesting. I'm very nervous but know its the right thing for me and my family. (doesn't stop me being scared though) Good luck for here on.

I think it's entirely normal to have a whirlwind of thoughts and feelings rushing around your head. It's happening after surgery too. 4 days out now and still feeling exhausted but the pain has definitely subsided.

Glad things are getting easier for you. Rest and little walks, lots of sips! Hope you go from strength to strength. Let me know any tips for post surgery if you don't mind sharing. X

*wave*
had my sleeve 16 days ago. best thing i ever did already lost 34lbs.
good luck with it.
day one is horrible but its get 10 times better every day.

Hi guys

Can I join this thread please? I am 8 days pre-op, having my surgery next Friday. I am a revision from a band. Did brilliantly with my band losing 8 stone, then it failed and I piled on 5 stone. Am feeling much more nervous this time around, thought I would be fine!!

xxxx

Hi guys

Can I join this thread please? I am 8 days pre-op, having my surgery next Friday. I am a revision from a band. Did brilliantly with my band losing 8 stone, then it failed and I piled on 5 stone. Am feeling much more nervous this time around, thought I would be fine!!

xxxx

You'll be fine kiddo, no sweat. The new you is just around the corner x

Hi guys

xxxx

I've had revision surgery from band to sleeve. Like you I was more terrified second time around but the whole process including recovery was so much easier with the sleeve. It's the best decision I've ever made.

Hi guys

xxxx
I'd agree with JTL!
I had band to sleeve revision and post-op has been so much easier this time around and getting onto solids is just straight forward. I have occaissional foamies and small vomits having eaten a mouthful too much, but nothing like the iron fist with a band! Good luck all the same and see you on the other side! Jo x

16 days to go until op day! My story is exactly the same as MazRob's. I am very keen to have my band out. Glad to hear that JacktheLass and Joisslimmer have been so successful with their conversion ops. Feeling much more nervous this time around and it helps to hear that other ops have gone well.`

Back