• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Time to be brave and share...

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
...well, it would seem that people like my honesty, so in that spirit I am going to share a horrible photo.
I have read many posts where people ask about sagging skin and whilst words can go some way towards giving a view of it, nothing says it quite like pictures.
So the picture that I am going to share is of my thighs!!! Take into account that I am diddy and have short legs, so they might look strangely short!!
I am just about a week and a half away from being five months out from surgery and this is what my thighs look like when I am stood up...horrible!!! But it is the thing that many people wonder about and very few are willing to share with the world, which I totally understand, but I want to show you all mine so that you can see what sagging can be like.
In clothing you can barely tell its there and when I lay down the skin falls down too and you can see a nicely shaped leg, but when I am stood there is not nice looking skin.
I dont like this skin one bit but do see it as a part of my journey and seeing it also reminds me of how far I have come so far, so I cant hate it completely.
So anyway...this picture...I apologise now if anybody finds it offensive and nasty to look at, but as I said...nothing says it quite like a picture!!!
Steph xx

thighs.jpg

Stephanie very brave of you i have just had some new nude ones done for my appeal and believe me yrs now are better than what mine started out at at 21stone and 4ft 10inches. Ive not seen my new ones at the moment they are with the photographer but i will see if there are any fit to share on the public forum if people want to see. Otherwise like my older ones they will be in a private folder and only friends will be able to view!!!

Your very brave Steph! They really dont look bad at all! I'm 10 months and mine are much worse!

Stephie you're so brave putting up a picture like that but I have to tell you, personally, I'd love my legs to look like that. Even fat, I have sagging skin at the tops of my legs that look so much worse than that. They're bulging and bumpy and look really horrible and I dread to think what they're going to look like with weight loss.

Please don't think I'm trying to poo poo your bravery at all, it took a lot of courage to post your picture, but seriously, if my legs looked like yours, I'd be well happy.

If i had your legs steph i'd be in the swimming pool with my kids :) Don't beat yourself up over them xx

Hun there is nothing offensive about ur legs they look 100% better than mine do. Well done on being brave and also for doing so fab on ur journey xxx

Steph, thank you for being brave enough to post these. Mine look similar to yours although I am taller so can carry it off for now.

I know everyone is just trying to be kind by posting that they are not bad, but its how you feel about yourself that matters. Big hugs to you Steph, and I hope that as the weight continues to drop you will see an improvement in them.

Thank you all xx
I sooooooo know that they could be much worse and that they really arent THAT bad and I do know that, I just wanted people to have a visual on what is possible and what at least one persons legs look like a few months post op.
I really dont feel THAT badly about them but thank you all for saying nice things, you guys rock xxx
Steph xx

Thanks for sharing this!

I still have very large flabby thighs, but my legs are really normal from the knee down, so I look very odd. And like you steph, my legs are really short.

How do you post pics on here? I will put some on too :)

Rx

Such a brave step, but I agree with a lot of people that yours arent that bad. Mine are mingin lol. Keep up the good work x

Well done Steph for putting them up.
Like everyone else, I have to say that they look ok to me, I have very short legs too and even fat mine have some sagging like that. I think its from when I lost loads of weight on Lighter Life and they sagged then filled back up
with fat!
You are doing so well and are an inspiration to people like me who are still pre-op
Thanks x

Thanks for sharing your pics, you don't look too bad at all I had my op 1 month ago & have been slightly worried about what will happen to my loose skin, hopefully my legs will look like yours as I too have short legs.
Best wishes
Bunny x

Im adding to the "mine are worse" group, i lost the weight before so know mine are going to be hideous when my weight is off again, but you know what, I don't give a stuff, Im 40, who's going see my legs anyway, its not like i'm going to wear Daisy Duke shorts now is it - not a pretty sight !

Thanks guys xx
I dont intend to walk around showing off my thighs much, just when swimming, but I have sorted that bit out with a swimdress. :)
Rose, the only way that I know to put a picture on here is to put it on a site like photobucket first, get the code and then above where you write a message there is a little button that is kind of yellow with what looks like hills and a sun on it, click that and it will come up with a box, you paste in the code that the photo site gave you (but take off the but at each end) and click ok, that is how I post pics anyway, there may be an easier way that I dont know about lol[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3]Steph xx[/SIZE][/FONT]

I think they look fine - much better than mines! Also, as you say its a testament to how far you've come! Well done! :)

Thanks for sharing that picture. You have a very good leg shape in general.
Our loose skin is a very emotive thing isnt it, however many times people say "its not that bad" etc it makes no difference to how we feel about it. Yes, it may well be better than alot of other peoples but that doesnt change the fact that its there or how we feel about it, so whilst I do appreciate the lovely way that people have tried to reassure me, my views on my skin are unchanged, its there, it isnt very nice but it also doesnt bother me THAT much, I can hide it away under clothes and when I actually look at it I smile because I am reminded of how far I have come already. I would like to think that at some point along the line, when I am in maintainence instead of loss, that I will be able to get it sorted out, along with the other loose skin that I have, if not then ok, Ill class it as war wounds lol
Again, thank you all for trying to boost my confidence, I appreciate the spirit in which you did it, but I truly didnt post that picture for that reason, it was just to put a visual to one of the questions that people ask about quite a bit.
Thanks though xx
Steph xx

steph really appriciate what you are saying and please dont think i am trying to pail you into insignificance thats the last thing i would want to do!!!

I wish i could have yr attitude but i really am becoming all consumes by my skin now..

Nooooo, I totally didnt mean that, I sooooooooooooo didnt mean that xxx
I totally appreciate you sharing your picture, that is what I was kind of hoping other people would do too, not for comparison purposes but for the purpose of a kind of 'rogues gallery' of excess skin, so that others on the journey can take a look when they wonder about it and can then say ahhh yes, I see what they mean.
I hope that one day you have the skin that you so want Carole, you deserve it xx
Steph xx

Back