• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Time to be brave and share...

You girls are so brave! I know how dreadful the lose skin can make you feel. Through dieting I lost over 90lbs about 12 years ago, and even though I have now regained that weight with more besides I still made the decision to have weight loss surgery lose skin an all. The important thing to know is that the skin can take up to two years to catch up with the new slimmer body, that's one of the reasons surgeons have you wait at least a year before operating on excess skin. I also think it's a great idea to look on it as a war wound or battle scar.
love
Sandra x

Such brave ladies for putting your pics up - you both have such positive attitudes. I have loose skin on my thighs too similar to yours Steph but one thing I keep reminding myself is that I am nearly 47 and even if I'd always been slim I would have some sagging skin by now (my mum had it and she was slim) along with the bingo wings. I used to blame every problem on my weight and I now accept that I'm not a 20 something anymore and shouldn't expect miracles from my 40 something body. The big difference is I am healthy and am not about to keel over with a heart attack now, my diabetes is in remission and the only one who sees me naked is my very supportive other half. I try to make my skin look as good as possible with really good creams but I've put my poor skin through hell with putting on and losing weight, no exercise and too much sun (eek). I'm just so grateful for this op to be at a healthy weight. You are all beautiful ladies in your own right (saggy skin or not!)

Back