• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sickness 36 hour post op

Has anyone experienced this? I have been bringing up thick water overnight ... THG said if it happens again go to A and E for anti sickness medication as nobody there over weekend to administer medication ..... Worried :-/

Hi Queenof... no I cannot say I experienced that at all. Did they not give you anti sickness medication when you were there? Did you not stay with them overnight? Sounds awful I think you should follow their advice or at the least speak to a pharmasist there may be something you can buy over the counter?

Hiya. Possibly part of settling down but I would play safe and get checked out -at the worst you have wasted 10 minutes of your time, at best you catch something early and get sorted. Txxx

Husband rang them again and they said it's likely gas pain, that's how it feels... Am keeping down sips of water and breathing through the nausea ... THG said there is a surgeon there today till lunchtime and I could have some fluid taken out but I don't want any more invasive procedures ... If I can keep down water and breath through sick feelings will put up with gas pain till it goes ( they said two weeks) at least sticking to liquid phase is easy this way ... Deeply unpleasant ):

How's your wind pain?? Xx

I dont feel so bad today but am managing to sleep a lot so that's good! I don't blame you for not wanting to go back for a de fill, see if you can get through today and then hopefully it should start to get better (so everyone says) are you taking pain killers? I wasn't but am now and they are helping!!!! Xxxx

Quick update.... THG were great, rang me just after 1 to check on me, explained early puking stretches stitches which is why struggling to get stuff down.... Clear liquids, ice lolly, ice chips and tiny water sips till I feel up to cup o soup.... Apparently nutrition dispels wind....having another follow up call tomorrow and find ring onall fours and rocking helps me burp although I do look very stupid in process... Beyond preserving dignity just now!!

Several phone calla to Dolan park repeated vomit/reflux and can only keep down very small sips of warm liquid anything else comes straight back up.....so they are going to reduce my fill tomorrow....... Have not had good start off so can only get better..... Nurse said by this stGe I should be on more variety of liquids .... Soups etc .... Tiny baby sips of warm liquid is all I can manage ..... How you fairing??? Xx

I'm ok thanks Hun! Still knackered but have managed an ice lolly, half a cup of creamy soup, a sugar free jelly and about a third of slim fast shake left over from yesterday! What time have you got to go back in tomorrow - your not too far away are you, but, I bet you are really miserable and desperate to get some normality back in your life!!!! I wish I understood more how the surgeon decides how much to fill our bands with? You, me and Emma all had 10ml bands and whereas I only had a 2ml fill you and Emma had 4mls..... I'd love to know why????? Good luck fo tomorrow and let us know how you get on xxxx

What you are eating sounds like what should be happening.... Nope not too far away, they will call in morning with a time..... Feel like have a bad sickness virus .... Hopefully tomorrow will sort it..... God knows how they decide about what goes in and who has what amount?! All I know is if they offer me a fill anytime soon I will be declining me thinks!!

queenofbelfastcity said:
What you are eating sounds like what should be happening.... Nope not too far away, they will call in morning with a time..... Feel like have a bad sickness virus .... Hopefully tomorrow will sort it..... God knows how they decide about what goes in and who has what amount?! All I know is if they offer me a fill anytime soon I will be declining me thinks!!

I also had a 10ml band with a 4ml fill, but I don't seem to be as bad as you , today iv had some sugar free squash, apple juice, water and 2x quarter of a mug of cuppa soup. I feel fine just a little bit of niggly wind pain and feel fed up of not being able to lie on my front and move around normally, so now my moanin seems totally irrelevant to how your feeling. It would be helpful to know how they decide how much fluid they put in who's band. Let me know how you get on tomorrow xx

Good luck for tomorrow, hope it goes okay. T xxx

Finally!!! THG aspirated 3.5 ml from my band and I felt instant relief I even managed a full cup of tea which is first since surgery .... Only have 0.5ml in band now but I feel so much better and can keep liquids down without puking or reflux and finally doing proper burps.... Apparently A and E commonly have lap band people come in because they are dehydrated..... So thank goodness finally feel like am healing :) hope you other guys are feeling well :)

Glad your feeling better. Did you ask how they decide who has what put in their band because I had 4ml same as you, but other than a bit of wind pain I'm fine, I'd like to know how they decide who has what? Xx

Back