• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sickness after 8 weeks with balloon!

chrissy100

Well, there was me thinking I was over the sickness......... Yesterday I was sick in the afternoon and I honestly don't know where it all came from!! (TMI I know!) Being as I had only had some tuna pasta before feeling sick. There was at least 3 days worth that come up! I was up twice more in the night as well and I still don't feel right now. All I have had today is, half a bottle of Slim Fast, some runny ready brek at lunch and some chicken soup tonight. But I really don't feel any better and have a feeling it is not going to stay down.

Has anyone else, that has had a balloon had this happen to them? It's not that fact of still having sickness, it was the amount and where did it come from? My stomach couldn't have held that much!! :( xx

Sorry to hear you've been feeling so sick. No idea why you seem to have expelled a far greater volume than you ingested! If you don't feel right in a day or two, please seek advice. Even if you can't keep 'food' down, you must be sure to take-in enough fluid to keep you hydrated (half a teaspoonful at a time!). All the best, and let us know how things go x

Another 2 weeks on and another weekend of throwing up!!

The acid reflux is so painful too. I am at my wits end at times. When will all this stop?

It seems to be when I have carbs with my meals, potato, bread or pasta. I am sure it gets stuck, that's when the acid reflux starts. It then carries on for a few days till I am violently sick for a couple of days and the process starts again!

Is anyone else having the same problem?

The support from the hospital is non-existent. Only have the nurse to speak to and I get told the same thing every time. It just isn't making any difference. I have left messages for the dietitian to call me and they never do. I am there for an appointment in the morning, so I will be having words about it.

:(

Write it all down Chrissy you have really persevered with it how much weight have you lost with it? It must be awful feeling like that all the time. Take care and give em hell girlxx

Hi Chrissy

Am sorry to hear you are having problems, are you taking any lansoprazole or the equivalant ??
Apart from that i dont have an other suggestions,
i know some people cant tolerate the balloon very well and feel ill the whole six months.

Well done with the weight loss by the way :)

Nicky xx

ooh and by the way i am not sure you should be eating pasta as it sticks to the balloon..

Nicky xx

Hope you get sorted out soon and feel better soon aswell xx

ooh and by the way i am not sure you should be eating pasta as it sticks to the balloon..

Nicky xx

I wondered about that myself. But I really do need to speak to the dietitian again. When you are feeling so low and sick, it's hard to remember what I should and shouldn't be doing. I certainly don't feel like eating anything and the drinking is just as bad to handle.

Yes I am taking the Fastabs every morning, but I am sure they are doing nothing!! Don't think I am going to get through tonight with visiting the big white telephone again!

:( x

Aaaaw big hugs Chrissy, i hope you can get something sorted xxx

Nicky

Noooo don't eat pasta.... I was bad with cramps and pain when I had pasta once - didn't have it again until balloon came out. I found I couldnt eat much carbs so possibly it could be this that's causing the problem for you. Did you get any anti sick pills when you left the hospital? Sorry to hear that you're suffering badly with the balloon Chrissy - hope that your team can sort it out for you soon.

Hiya.

Well....... They took me up onto ward 31 at Darlington on Tuesday and did blood tests, to make sure all my levels were ok. Results came back ok.

The only thing they said about me waking up choking was to go to sleep sitting up!! Not so easy for some of us, plus I slip back down once asleep and the same happens again anyway!

They have increased my fastabs to one in the morning and another one early evening. Plus a different anti-sickness melt, which I split into two and take morning and evening. They said it should 2-3 days for it to take effect........ But yesterday (Friday) was another bad day and I spent the afternoon throwing up again! All I had had all day was a small amount of very milky ready brek and glases of water. But it wasn't going to stay down.

Having the balloon removed was not mentioned as an option, but I am not going to put up with anymore once into the new year. If the new meds don't start working, then I am going to ask to have it removed. I can't put up with any more. It has now ruined any chance of a family xmas, as I am not well enough to travel down to them. I have no friends or family up here, so it will be a xmas and new year on my own. But it will be better than trying to put on being happy or ruining other peoples xmas. There will be others.

Wishing you all a very merry xmas and a happy new year. xoxox

Oh Chrissy am so sorry tohear that. Did you see the chap on Sunderland wls programme he had his removed as he was feeling poorly all the time, coukdnt eat and the weight just dropped off him, usually give them 2 month I think he said. x Just take care and try and stay in touch with people over this festive period, is there no where yu could volunteer to help out just so you were part of something instead of being on your own? xx

Oh Chrissy am so sorry tohear that. Did you see the chap on Sunderland wls programme he had his removed as he was feeling poorly all the time, coukdnt eat and the weight just dropped off him, usually give them 2 month I think he said. x Just take care and try and stay in touch with people over this festive period, is there no where yu could volunteer to help out just so you were part of something instead of being on your own? xx

I feel too ill to be of any help to anyone. Moving around to much will just make me sick. I will just stay in bed on xmas day. It's only one day, once it is gone and done I will be ok.

I haven't watched this weeks wls program. I will watch and see what happens. I decided today that if I don't feel any better into the new year, I am going to ask for it to be removed. I don't see why he can't perhaps do the by-pass earlier if my BMI is down. I just hope he doesn't say I have to have it removed without the general! Cos that will mean I will have to see it out till the end. I can't be awake for having it removed. I am so scared of everything at the moment and I feel so alone and isolated. You can not believe how I feel right now. xx

Aaaaww big hugs Chrissy, i hope you do start to feel better for Christmas Day, i wouldnt want you to be in bed for it ..
I think your 3 stone is brilliant and there should be no reason why you shouldnt get a bypass now.. I have struggled to get to my 2 stone loss as i am the complete opposite to you and cant feel balloon in there.. Hospital was happy with my lossso when balloon comes out i have a bypass at same time...

Keep yer chin up hun and we are here for you xx

Nicky xx

Hi again.

A really crap Xmas. Spent it on my own and either in bed or in the bathroom!

I thought it may have been my new morphine patches and stopped them, but I am still either feeling or being sick. (Though I don't think it is as bad!)

But, I now can't face anything to eat as I am so afraid of being sick again. I am even struggling with fluids now and I know I need to try with them. But I have only had half a glass of water today, plus 1/4 mug of tea. I hope that is enough to keep me going for now. I will keep trying before going to bed again later. I am still taking the 'fastabs' and the anti sickness melt.

With the way I feel with this, I am now wondering whether to continue with the by-pass or to just get the balloon taken out and go my own way! I never want to feel like this again. 12 weeks of feeling so ill is enough to put anyone off eating for life!

The bypass is nothing like that Chrissy think that is why we are constantly asking you questions, most who have the bypass may feel bit squiffy from time to time after eating in the early days but not everyone is sick, and you feel fit n healthy inbetween those times. I think its time to have that balloon removed and get your bypass do you have to lose a certain amount to get to the bypass after the balloon? xx

I don't know how much I have to lose. They just wanted my BMI down before they do it.

I can't go till April/May before having the balloon out. I can't take my other meds at the moment, so I am in pain too. But I just can't have the balloon taken out while I am awake. I don't think they will do it under a general until they do the bypass, so a catch 22 situation.
It's only people on here that understand me. My friends who know are telling me things that actually make me feel that my life isn't worth doing all this for anyway.

I have been told:

Why do I want to be going through all this at my age anyway.
Forget it and get a decent meal inside me.
So called friends coming round with cakes and saying surely one won't hurt you and trying to encourage me to eat fattening food.
I have even been preached to and told to stop thinking of myself and go out and help people less fortunate than myself. (when you feel & are being sick, you are of no use to anyone!)

think you need to ring the hospital tomorrow and speak to someone bout it struggling with fluids n no food you cannot function like that, my concern is that you become poorly very quickly and no one will kno. you really do need to tell them that balloon needs to come out. x much easier gettin it out than getting it in xx

Back