• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Side Effects of obesity

Caroline101061

Despite losing just over 10 stone I have just been told that I have end stage arthritis in both my knees and am facing a double knee replacement at the grand old age of 48 - see what happens when you have been overweight all your life.

Just add it to the giant fibroids, suspected ME, depression etc - having a great time at the moment - NOT.

Sorry to hear that hun:(:(Hope you feel much better soon x:eek:

Sorry to hear your news - sounds like your having a terrible time but I wanted to say despite this, you're a complete inspiration. You've had such amazing weight loss in such a short period of time - its amazing...

Chin up Caroline i know the weight loss hasent solved all your problems but just think of how many it has.

I'm sorry to hear that also , but as Lisa said, you have probably saved yourself from a worse situation had you not lost the weight. I hope very much that you have your knees sorted out soon so that this and the other health issues does not spoil enjoyment of your new found slimmer body.
Keep posting as it does help to share the burden.
Just wanted to send you my love also , you're my hero y'know x

sorry to hear of your struggles Caroline. I guess at least any op you do need to have will be much safer now that you are not carrying that extra weight.

keep posting for support hun. We dont have the answers but sometimes its just nice to know people are listening or reading xx

Hi caroline

It is a bummer isn't it when you still have medical problems after the op. Your list could have been a duplicate of mine. My knees have made me quite disabled and have only slightly improved with the op. However the surgeon told me years ago that no op until I was 18st and een then he'd be reluctant as joint replacements only have a shelf life in normal people of an average of 15 years but the heavier you are the more quickly they wear out. Its a painful recovery so I'm still on the bench considering it. I hope you get sorted out soon. The fiboids may shrink when you are post menopause, they scan me every year to check and see if any extra probs but like the knees they're not coming out yet, I'm waiting developments.

I truly hope you feel better soon. The weight loss will have had many positive health benefits as well as you know

Take care

M

thanks guys - I feel very hard done by at the mo. My doc has now upped my anti depressants to the maximum dose and Im waiting on the results of yet more bloods taken by the Whittington. My Gynae has told me to come back at the end of April and if my fatigue symptoms havent improved then he will take out my Mirena coil just to see if it helps. My fibroids are bigger but he wants to do another scan in Oct to see how much bigger they get before he decides on a plan of action. Menopause isnt close apparently. What he did say which is very interesting to all us girls is that very obese women produce massive amounts of oestrogen and as you lose the weight, your levels drop dramatically and whilst I might be testing normal for oestrogen at the mo, the fact that Ive lost so much to get me to a normal level, might be making me feel grotty - still not an answer though.

I dont regret my bypass for a second and am thrilled with my weightloss (even though Ive only lost 1lb in the last 4 weeks). Im now fitting size 16 clothes and have a really nice hourglass figure if I say so myself despite the loose skin.

I just feel that life is chucking vast amounts of pooh at me at the mo - not just healthwise and its hard to get out of bed if you know what I mean.

I know life can be tough caroline and we all a right to feel sorry for ourselves at times but please try and stay focused on the positives things...like that hourglass figure of yours!

Hi Caroline, sorry to hear it is rough going for you lately, that stinks. I have been facing my own health demons lately so I have lots of sympathy for you babe. I know all about the crazy hormones with massive weight loss, feels like I have constant PMT! Anyway, I hope you start to feel better soon and that you find a new level of 'normal' on the horizon.

Massive hugs to you, chin up!

Nic;)

hmmm... what to say.

You're going through a lot of problems all at once.

I hope that you find resolution soon for everything, and that your wait for new knees is short.

I hope that things start looking up for you very soon.

Back