• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bigbeefybuilder update

That's brilliant! Well done! I haven't got my check up till Jan and I think I had my op day after you! But I'm starting to feel a difference!

That's brilliant! Well done! I haven't got my check up till Jan and I think I had my op day after you! But I'm starting to feel a difference!

Why Jan?? Mine is 11th Dec and I was only day before you.. Was hoping we would have them on same day xx

Very well done. I know how difficult it is to be a patient at NGH but overall I received excellent care. To be honest, I am surprised they did your op at Thornbury given your medical history. Its never quiet in an acute care hospital! Regarding your hunger pains, drink, drink & drink again. You need to be drinking water, though. Stick some NAS squash in it to make it more palatable. I have to admit, I am rarely hungry but drink lots. Good luck.

Wow well done..must be a great feeling...a new you!!!!!

You are doing really well Beefy. Great stuff. After a shaky start, sounds like it is all going well now. Hugs a million. Excited for you xxx

You are doing really well Beefy. Great stuff. After a shaky start, sounds like it is all going well now. Hugs a million. Excited for you xxx

hi, yes all going ok scars healing ok, still get twinge of pain in bottom left port but ok, im still finding it hard to keep drinking fluids.
thanks for all the really nice coments.
BBB

My tummy still grumbles from time to time when I had my op I left hospital and could only have soup for the first week then really sloppy food like custard or tinned rice pudding then after 3 weeks could start more mashed puréed stuff like sardines or mashed potatoes
Give Liz a call if it carries on and ask her she is really nice and helpful
If you have not got her phone number I will message it to you
Take care glad your ok and coping
I never had hunger pains for months after
Mark

hi, i have found what was wrong with me the stitch pain i think is the food stretching the pouch, or wind pain, i do find it hard to drink all the time.
i think im not having enough to eat,im having low fat beef spread on toast which is lovely.

i stick to the diet im allowed.
BBB

glad your doing well after such a bad start and you have done amazing so far goodluck with the rest of your wl journey

glad your doing well after such a bad start and you have done amazing so far goodluck with the rest of your wl journey

Hi, tonight off to local dr's to get help with some meds that i still have they need changing to liquid meds, and to get weighed lol, yes recovering nice now, eating ok im living off melbra toast and low fat cheese.

im scared of getting the stich like pain after a meal in my left hand side that goes into my back, have bought some spearmint pills to take with meals to help out.

i hear that the 3 months injection hurts like hell lol not looking forward to that, i know my sister in law does not have this and she's had the same operation.

thanks for the best wish's.
BBB

Hi, tonight off to local dr's to get help with some meds that i still have they need changing to liquid meds, and to get weighed lol, yes recovering nice now, eating ok im living off melbra toast and low fat cheese.

im scared of getting the stich like pain after a meal in my left hand side that goes into my back, have bought some spearmint pills to take with meals to help out.

i hear that the 3 months injection hurts like hell lol not looking forward to that, i know my sister in law does not have this and she's had the same operation.

thanks for the best wish's.
BBB

I also get a stitch like pain on the left side too. I'm still trying to get used to all these rumblings and twinges I get.
I've just booked my b12 injection for next week too :(

Hi the b12 injection is not that bad at all I found heprin hurt more but do notice a difference after it
Good luck

I'm considering having the sleeve done and the prospect of having the b12 is already nerve wracking, so hearing that they hurt isn't good for me!! Lol. Hope you're doing well BBB, let us know about your weightloss when you're home! X

Kirsty

The b12 is not that bad at all just a small sting for a minute I think with a sleeve you do t need b12 anyway

Liz said you do the other day, I'll find out I guess!

Kirsty

Back