• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bigbeefybuilder update

Hi all, it all started back in 2009 having been on xenical for nearly 2 years and doing the weight management course for 12weeks going to the gym and then having surgery on my two knees cleaned and washed out, now I’ve to have two new knees, i also suffer from sleep apnoea mild to moderate have got arthritis in both knees, i have been asking my dr to put me forward for weight surgery but he said i didn't fit the criteria between 45 - 50bmi in Barnsley.

so i went to see Linda at the local weight management she put me in contact with andy at Barnsley hospital and i signed up to do a 30mins course where they show you what kind of weight sujury you can have and i you wanted to see if you could have it they would arrange to see the weight consultant at bdgh.

i have been and seen the consultant who referred me for weight surgery but was turned down by the pct in Barnsley, so now i have to wait and see what happens next! i have just been tested to see if I’m a diabetic I’m not but I’m not but suffer with impaired glucose tolerance and found i have klienfelters syndrome which gives me weight round my tummy area, i also suffer with chronic prostratis and cystitis i get this 24/7 I’m grade 3 morbid obesity bmi 42.2 and wonder what’s going to happen next.
thanks to all the replies i have got..
i think the consultant was going to appeal has i had to phone my dr up to ask him to put a letter together to send in, it’s all the waiting this has been going off since 2009.
I’m in a catch 22 situation here as i have been to see my knee consultant who has said if i cannot get weight off they cannot operate, but if i get weight surgery I’m going to save the nhs money as i might not have to have my new knees done or have a sleep apnoea machine or save on tablets for my prostrate trouble.

the consultant i see in bdgh keeps changing my appointments so I’m frustrated has when i can get an answer having a bmi of 42.2 and needing 45 to get in for weight surgery.

a family friend got referred to Derbyshire and everything was done in 6months
thanks for listening to me and thanks again for the info support.

regards
bigbeefybuilder

Barnsley

Hi all, it all started back in 2009 having been on xenical for nearly 2 years and doing the weight management course for 12weeks going to the gym and then having surgery on my two knees cleaned and washed out, now I’ve to have two new knees, i also suffer from sleep apnoea mild to moderate have got arthritis in both knees, i have been asking my dr to put me forward for weight surgery but he said i didn't fit the criteria between 45 - 50bmi in Barnsley.

so i went to see Linda at the local weight management she put me in contact with andy at Barnsley hospital and i signed up to do a 30mins course where they show you what kind of weight sujury you can have and i you wanted to see if you could have it they would arrange to see the weight consultant at bdgh.

i have been and seen the consultant who referred me for weight surgery but was turned down by the pct in Barnsley, so now i have to wait and see what happens next! i have just been tested to see if I’m a diabetic I’m not but I’m not but suffer with impaired glucose tolerance and found i have klienfelters syndrome which gives me weight round my tummy area, i also suffer with chronic prostratis and cystitis i get this 24/7 I’m grade 3 morbid obesity bmi 42.2 and wonder what’s going to happen next.
thanks to all the replies i have got..
i think the consultant was going to appeal has i had to phone my dr up to ask him to put a letter together to send in, it’s all the waiting this has been going off since 2009.
I’m in a catch 22 situation here as i have been to see my knee consultant who has said if i cannot get weight off they cannot operate, but if i get weight surgery I’m going to save the nhs money as i might not have to have my new knees done or have a sleep apnoea machine or save on tablets for my prostrate trouble.

the consultant i see in bdgh keeps changing my appointments so I’m frustrated has when i can get an answer having a bmi of 42.2 and needing 45 to get in for weight surgery.

a family friend got referred to Derbyshire and everything was done in 6months
thanks for listening to me and thanks again for the info support.

regards
bigbeefybuilder

Barnsley
***up-date so far ***

Had pre;assessment passed next stop awaiting operation for gastric bypass in next 12 weeks hopefully, thanks for all the cyber messages off you all,its great to get the support off you all.

BIGBEEFYBUILDER

I was refused surgery after completing 18 months on "The Weigh Ahead" program; even though my BMI stayed a very unhealthy 53!! My GP had to appeal and now I'm on the waiting list, waiting for a date. I sincerely hope it comes as swift as yours after all this.

Good luck with your surgery! :D x

"milk and yog diet "bring it on"

Hi thanks for all the good luck wishes, got a letter this afternoon saying my operation is booked at the thornbury hospital on wednesday 30th october 2013.
so milk and yog diet "bring it on" lol.
BBB

SUNDAY 20TH

Well started on milk diet sunday 20th 2+half pints of milk a day sounds a lot but i found the 1st day ok, im a milk lover, wonder if the idea of this is to have a small glass of milk each hour his to help keep the body going? having half of a un-sweetend jelly for my dinner.

MONDAY 21ST
Second day going ok my tummy is rumbling but found if i have a yog i have two spoon fulls wait 2 mins and do this in another 2 mins untill its gone, the milk is filling, at night i drink about 2 pints of pop waterd down stuff.

its not easy but if you think how long its took you from when you first tried to lose weight its not a bad way to lose weight, my wife allyson has started doing the same as me but she drinks shakes and has a fruit salad at lunch times, as she says its not fair to have a cooked diner in front of me!
any body doing there milk yog diet ?

BBB

I'm on my pre op diet but having 4 slim fast shakes a day, started last Wednesday and have another 10 days of it to go and I'm really struggling I'm starving and bored of milkshake but I guess it will be worth it when op day is here

i didnt have to do the milk diet just a low cal diet. Milk diet seems to work really well tho!

hi weightlossdreamer,
its Thursday 24th October.
nobody said it was going to be easy doing the milk + jog diet i was having no sugar jelly’s but I’m not a jelly fan, love the Muller fat free yogurts and i like the green fat free milk, reminds me of infant school milk days weird.

i have found some hours of the day difficult come dinner time i go all hypo and get the shakes, to cure that i just drink Tesco fruit juice and after a while it passes feel strong and positive I’m hoping this milk diet will work, but don't notice any changes.

my wife Allyson his supporting me by going on a slim fast diet so that helps me lots, but having to cook for my kids doesn’t lol, but I’m strong and think of the new me! which has helped no end, and the help of my two 11 year old lads telling what we can do in the future like walking and doing boy things.

thanks for all the well wish's and good luck's

look forward to your replies

BBB

hi weightlossdreamer, its Thursday 24th October. nobody said it was going to be easy doing the milk + jog diet i was having no sugar jelly’s but I’m not a jelly fan, love the Muller fat free yogurts and i like the green fat free milk, reminds me of infant school milk days weird. i have found some hours of the day difficult come dinner time i go all hypo and get the shakes, to cure that i just drink Tesco fruit juice and after a while it passes feel strong and positive I’m hoping this milk diet will work, but don't notice any changes. my wife Allyson his supporting me by going on a slim fast diet so that helps me lots, but having to cook for my kids doesn’t lol, but I’m strong and think of the new me! which has helped no end, and the help of my two 11 year old lads telling what we can do in the future like walking and doing boy things. thanks for all the well wish's and good luck's look forward to your replies BBB

Aww great you sound so positive x x glad it's all going well x

I have huge admiration for everyone who has to do the milk-diet BBB, sounds to me like you have stuck to it well & you are so nearly there, well done :)

Good luck & wishing you the very best for your op & look forward to seeing your exploits with your lads as the weight comes off xx

Was good to read your posts and how you have stuck with it.

Good luck for Wednesday and like others, look forward to reading your updates x

Back