• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Silly Question - Bypass Staples and Metal Detectors!

kurvykaren

Hi

It's just a thought that came into my head as I was watching TV earlier and thought I'd ask you lot rather than someone at the hospital! .......

So I've had the bypass and I'm thinking of booking a break away later in the year and I wondered if when I go through the metal detector at the airport will the alarms go off because of the staples!?? :eek:

I'd rather know and be prepared!

No they won't set off the alarms on an airport security metal detector.

If you're going to have one of those magnetic scans though (mri?) you'll have to let them know first.

they will be out soon Karen,when where you going away?

Haven't planned anything yet but will be nice to go off on a plane, just to the Canaries or somewhere, when I can fit in the seat!

I think the ones inside are titanium and so therefore dont set off the detectors xx

I've got permanent metal work in my ankle and while I've never had any problems with the scanners at the airport, they do set off the scanners at the local court (not that I'm there because im a prolific criminal or anything!). The wands we use to search people at work pick up the metal in my ankle too. Must be more sensitive maybe? Can't imagine they'd pick up those staples though, they're tiny!

H x

Oh my god genius question! I hadnt thought about that!!! Sounds like it'll not be a problem!

they dont set off scannerd at ariports and are ok when having mri... but you do have to tell them when they ask you the huge list of questions... just so they know what they are when its picked up on the image...
x

Back