• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PreOp diary to keep me on track

Hi. Have you lost much weight with your pre op? I start mine next week!!

I don't have any scales at home, so I get weighed at my sisters when I visit.

I'd only lost 2lbs between the Thursday when I last visited; Friday (which was my blow out day); started pre-op Saturday - and Monday when I got weighed. I'm not expecting to lose loads - I find it really difficult to shift lbs no matter what I do. Getting weighed today probably at my pre-op assessment at Sunderland.

How did your pre-op assessment go on Wednesday? Do you have to strip off :eek:?

Day 7

Well the pork chop was off - not surprising it'd been in the fridge over a week! so luckily I had some chicken breasts left so had one of them instead, and added some worcester sauce to the stir fry to improve the taste. They're looking a bit green around the gills so will have to be used today - not chucking them they're too expensive!

Breakfast - hmmm what to have??? choices, choices..... oh well, Fruit n Fibre it is! and small glass OJ

Lunch will be Roast beef slices, onion, tomatoes and cucumber and 2 lovely delicious ryvitas.

Tea will be 'Spanish Chicken' - diced breast, tinned tomatoes, bell pepper, mushrooms, courgette, onion, chilli, black pepper. With mixed veg and rice. Quite looking forward to that...

plus 2 fruit and a LF Yogurt to fit in amongst all this deliciousness.

Hi Carla. What's your date? I am in Sunderland on the 22nd for my op? X

Omg x me to x I have to go on the 15th to have pre ass done x then all being well I go in on thurs 21st n 22nd for the bypass I'm under mr Schroeder , what about you Hun xx

I might see you both in there - I'm going in 18th at 3pm, having op on 19th - hopefully home by the Friday though. Exciting times!

You've done so well, don't fret though. I was concerned my liver would'nt be shrunk enough, but he got past it ok.

Omg x me to x I have to go on the 15th to have pre ass done x then all being well I go in on thurs 21st n 22nd for the bypass I'm under mr Schroeder , what about you Hun xx

Hi Carla. I have the same dates!! My name is Bev so look out for me!!! I went for pre op on Wednesday. Didn't see a bariatric nurse. I am with Mr Balipuri. Not met him. Don't know if I am getting a sleeve or a bypass, am down for either! Not bothered now!!

Novamay, would be great to meet you too!!!

Pre-Op Assement went ok yesterday. Was glad the swabs weren't too invasive and you had the privacy of doing the 'groin' one yourself in the loo.... ECG looked fine. Found out Mr Small's scheduled for doing my op.

Amazed at all the blood tests they are running now before the op - around 18 in all.. the nurse explained they're checking vit/min levels now pre-op as some patients are finding they are experiencing low levels after op, when in fact they come into hospital with levels already at a low.

Its starting to feel real now, and I've begun to pack my bag getting ready for the big day. Putting the house in order tidying up and clearing out like a woman possessed - plus it keeps me from thinking about eating/not eating!!!

Day 8

Breakfast - small bowl of Fruit n Fibre; glass OJ; cup tea.

Lunch - 3 slices chicken; tomato, cucumber and pickled onion; 1 slice of toasted bread (hoorah - re-read my booklet and found that I could have 1 slice of bread instead of 2 ryvitas) with a light scraping of marge. LF Yogurt; cup of coffee.

Tea will be pork steak with vegetables and 1 small potato (cut into wedges). Have some cajun spices which I'm going to rub into the pork before grilling it. Orange to finish and possibly a banana for supper.

Glad it all went well yesterday, your pre op diet looks pretty good to me,when my time comes l hope l can do food rather than milk.x

Glad it all went well yesterday, your pre op diet looks pretty good to me,when my time comes l hope l can do food rather than milk.x

I wanted to do milk because I wasn't sure I could cope with having real food in the house - but it hasnt been that bad. The temptation to overeat is there but I know this time I can't give into it - if I do i'll be back to square 1 where I was 2.5 yrs ago.

Day 9

Out to a craft fair at Eston this morning with my MIL so will have temptation in more than one form :D ... I plan on having lunch out even if its just a cup of tea, LF Yog and a banana!

Breakfast - Fruit n Fibre; 1 slice of toast and poached egg (as won't have my lunch like normall);OJ, Cup of tea.

Planning for Dinner - Chicken breast; potato and vegetables - normal sunday dinner without the yorkies or gravy. Oh well I'll survive - OH's not having them either! Piece of fruit to follow.

Early bath and bed - bright and early into work tomorrow.

Have a go at some puree at some stage. It's not fine cuisine, but sets you up for taste and texture of whats to come. You're doing great b/t/w. :) Hope the scales are telling you this too.

How do you puree - do you mash everything together or do you do them separate? I have had mashed butternut squash - texture ok but a bit lumpy and love mashed tattie - guess for the real thing it will need to be super-smooth?

Got through the craft fair ok - went to MILs for a cuppa afterwards as we finished earlier than expected. Got the usual - "I've got this and that and the other in the pantry" shpeel - "no thank you mum, I'm not allowed" - response... "Are you sure, you're only having a banana; surely a little bit of....(insert any number of lovely, sweet, gooey things)" "NO, I have all I need with me, thanks". Seemed to work in the end....

Day 10

Breakfast: Fruit n Fibre, OJ, Cup Tea; cup coffee mid morning (possibly 2).

Lunch: 2 Ryvitas, 2 slices corned beef, onion, tomato and cucumber slices; 1 LF Yogurt; 1 glass NAS juice;

1 Banana with cup tea/coffee in the mid afternoon

Tea will be Minced beef and mushrooms, Mashed butternut squash, 1 potato, sprouts and small spoon of peas. 1 orange to follow.

Hoping to go swimming tonight - see if it snows first!

Best to puree seperate, then you know what you're having a scoop of and it help visualize how it is beforehand. Mashing up the whole meal together IMO, looks a tad yuk on a plate. It needn't be super smooth, but at first the smoother the better for obvious reasons. Make sure all your re-connections work ok etc. I'm mainly on pureed soups, no probs and they go down ok. Sometimes add water to unthicken them.

Day 10 tea got changed to small gammon steak, 1 potato, mushrooms and mixed veg - didn't fancy the mince.

Day 11

Breakfast - fruit n fibre, OJ, cup coffee at work.

Lunch - 2 ryvitas, half a tin of tuna in brine (other half went to the cat!), diced cucumber and 1 tomato. Used juice from the pickled onion jar to wet the tuna - can't eat anything too dry, I'm afraid. LF yogurt; Glass NAS

1 banana and cup tea mid-afternoon.

Tea tonight at my sisters and visiting cousins after tea so no opportunity to snack - will be having grilled chicken breast, with 1 potato and mixed vegetables. Going to mix some wholegrain mustard into the veg to give them some flavour. 1 fruit to follow.

Day 12

Breakfast - fruit n fibre, OJ

Lunch - planning to have Cooked ham, tomato and cucumber. 2 ryvita, 1 LF yogurt. Mid afternoon - banana, cup of tea

For tea - we have a disco tonight so I have done some mince in the slow cooker to heat up quickly afterwards, with some potato and veggies. Fruit to follow.

Your pre op sounds lovely. I am on day 2 today. I am going to try and not eat the potatoes or rice. I had 2 rivitas yesterday with some ham. Ugh. Would rather go without! I think I will pinch some of your menus. X

Back