• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PreOp diary to keep me on track

novamay

Born Free
Hi all, I'm starting my pre-op tomorrow - so thought it might help me to write down what I'm having to keep me on track. Will be doing Sunderlands Pre-op No. 2 for diabetics rather than milk as, although I love milk, it doesn't always love me! :sick0019:

I've got the meals sorted for the week ahead and have printed off in big red letters a note saying "WARNING - Failure to stick to this Plan means surgery WILL be cancelled" :eek: and will be putting this on my fridge and cupboards.

And I have a big list of things to do around the house - little jobs that I've put off and decorating so the house is sorted before the op; need to sort out my wardrobes; and get hubby prepared for when I go in hospital - so no time really to be sitting watching TV and eating on a nighttime.

Good luck novamay hope I get my date soon to start the rest of my journey to a new mexx

Thanks Edd - hope your date comes through for you.

Well half way through Day 1 and I'm still here!!!
Had small bowl of cereal (Fruit n Fibre is really the only cereal I like) and small glass of unsweetened OJ for breakfast. Lunch was 4oz cooked ham, with a bowl of mixed salad leaves, with pepper, cucumber and cherry tomatoes, two Ryvita crispbreads and cup of coffee. Have started decorating the bedroom - so have burned off a fair bit of energy moving stuff and stretching with the roller lol... Just having a cuppa tea before I do the second coat! Planning minced beef and onion, with 1 potato and loads of mixed vegetables - cauli, broc, carrots and sprouts - for tea. Still have 2 fruit and 1 LF yogurt to have tonight.

Starting to feel a bit woosy now so going to have a banana with me cuppa.

They sound a bit strict, but stick at it and you'll be surprised at the amount of weight that falls off you.

They sound a bit strict, but stick at it and you'll be surprised at the amount of weight that falls off you.

They are at Sunderland and I don't want to risk not getting the op after all this time! I've put on most of what I lost with the balloon so I definitely need some assistance in losing weight and this op is the only chance of getting it.

Well, off to make me tea - mince and one tatty! Keeping the yog for supper later tonight.

Just got the glossing to do now so leaving that til tomorrow.

I'm off to George Bolams, then repairing the fence in our garden...then work. Thats my Sunday taken care of.

Well done novamay, keep posting as we all need help and tips to keeps us goingxx

Well, the glossing is finished. Had to re-do the windowsill as my cat jumped on it - even though I'd specifically told him to stay off - so now he's walking around the house flapping his paws around cos they're all tacky.... serves him right!

Just had a break for lunch and to do a quick tidy around and put the washer on while I wait for the paint to dry.... while OH bless him he has two matches today, so won't see him til around 4pm. Got pole and curtains to hang after tea.

Today, breakfast the same; lunch has been a chicken dinner - without the yorkshire puds and gravy - but still nice. Think I overcooked the sprouts though. Running low on tatties - bought a small bag of charlotte potatoes and having two of them thought they would last all week but forgot OH has about 4-5.... so will need to get more tomorrow. Had a Rhubarb yog for afters and a cuppa tea. Tuna salad for tea with the 2 crispbreads; and two pieces of fruit to go - yey!!!

Going to spend some time now making cards - got some orders for Valentines (and of course one for me OH) and my sister's birthday next week... so that will keep me busy til tea time.

Day 3

Breakfast - Fruit n Fibre, small glass OJ; coffee at work

Lunch - Prawn Salad, LF Yogurt (forgot to bring my crispbreads so might have to get a small potato from the canteen and just have meat and veg tonight; with the ryvita for supper).

Banana for mid-afternoon; and orange for after tea.

At my sisters for tea so will have chicken and veg - and 20 mins Zumba ;0)

Temptation at work everywhere I look - there's flying sauces and cola bottles in the stationery cupboard; and now they're talking about having a bake day!!! =0(

Day 4

Breakfast Fruit N Fibre with milk from allowance

Lunch - Chargrilled sliced chicken with tomatoes, cucumber and red pepper; 1 raw carrot; 1 LF yogurt' mid-afternoon banana.

Tea tonight is Lamb with tinned tomatoes and onions and spices, 2 Tablespoons Rice, and mixed diced vegetables. Apple for desert for a change.

30 mins swimming tonight and 10 mins in the jacuzzi afterwards.

Got weighed last night and I have lost 2lbs since last Wednesday - given that last week was my 'goodbye to crap food' week, I have done well to lose that.

Lunch - forgot my Ryvita again!

Day 5 -

Breakfast - Fruit n Fibre, small glass OJ
Lunch - 2 slices corned beef and 2 slices of wafer thin Turkey; cherry toms; cucumber; onion and beetroot. 2 ryvitas. 1 LF Rhubarb yogurt; 1 apple.
4 cups of coffee. 1 cup of tea so far - need to swap some coffee for juice as getting bad stomach...
Dinner tonight - half a gamon steak; small potato; tinned tomatoes; cauliflower, dry fried mushrooms and onion. (would love a fried egg on top of the gamon but hey ho!)
Banana to finish.

Day 6
really really really want hot buttered toast today!!!! :0(

Breakfast - Fruit n Fibre, OJ
Lunch - 3 slices of Cooked ham - cost a flippin fortune - tomato and cucumber slices; 2 ryvita; 1 LF yogurt; coffee
For Tea- pork chop sliced into strips and cooked with some stir fry veg and some Soy sauce and chinese spices. Banana and Apple still to eat.

Tummy is going mad with all this blinking veg.... its just not natural!

Back