• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PreOp diary to keep me on track

Ha ha, its just normal cooking for me as I still have to feed the hubby - no way am I doing two separate dishes!

The only difference really is that I am not eating sandwiches for lunch - or crisps and cake!!! ;0) Portion sizes are smaller obviously, and I only have 1 small potato and 2-3 tablespoons of rice with mixed veg so not having much carb at all.

I got weighed last night at my sisters and have lost 10lbs since 2nd Feb - amazing for me - so must be doing something right.

Ha ha, its just normal cooking for me as I still have to feed the hubby - no way am I doing two separate dishes!

The only difference really is that I am not eating sandwiches for lunch - or crisps and cake!!! ;0) Portion sizes are smaller obviously, and I only have 1 small potato and 2-3 tablespoons of rice with mixed veg so not having much carb at all.

I got weighed last night at my sisters and have lost 10lbs since 2nd Feb - amazing for me - so must be doing something right.

That's brilliant! I had managed to put on 4.5lb from my pre op last Wed till this Tues am. How naughty! I was a pig. So today I have had 1 weetabix with skimmed milk, muller yog, 1 apple, 1 pear, 1 chicken breast with tomato and cucumber. Loads of NAS juice. Going to see how I manage to tonight and try not to have anything else. Also had a ton of black coffee. . Tempted to have 1 poached egg tomorrow with 1 slice of bread.
Had to resist kids left over fish fingers today. They looked lush. Well done on weight loss!!!

Yummm toast! ;0) Weekdays I have ryvita; Weekends I have 1 slice toast (with scraping of marge I have to admit).

Tuesday night when I went to my cousins, we took over a chocolate cake and double cream - but I had a muller yog and wasnt even bothered... Workmates have brought cake and doughnuts into the office and I have been able to resist quite easily... I've never felt this focused before - I normally don't last a day when I'm on a diet.

Hi I did really well yesterday not eating anything else after my post. Been for 1 hour walk (demanding dog) quite fast today and have had;
1 weetabix slimmed milk
1 pear
1 chicken breast tomato and cucumber with lettuce
I muller Greek style
Not sure what to have later. Do u think I cud have 2 eggs instead of 1, not eating the rice, potatoes or bread? May have scrambled egg or small omelette?
Well done, I am day 3 today pre op.
x

Well done...sounds like you've got it cracked.

I'm not sure re having 2 eggs coz they are classed as protein rather than carbs so it wont be a straight swap - I think the protein should be ok if you go over slightly one day - you could have a smaller piece of protein at the next meal to compensate... I have had scrapings of marge on my ryvitas and toast, and a little gravy with my mince and have still done ok.

I AM NOT HAPPY - i got my 'Friend' this morning.... so likely to be on for the op on Tuesday! flamin typical. :0(

Oh no. I was really worried about that but I will be ok. Can you ring the nurse to see how you will manage? Not sure if its worth going up the doc to get a pill? But that does knack in your cycle.

I have the implant - its my second one and I doubt I'll have a third. its nowt but a nuisance as I just had one beginning of Feb.

Thanks Joe.... much appreciated - I'm getting excited now!

Don't worry about it hun, they usually put one of those surfboard type towels on for you anyway. Its normal to have some bleeding after abdo surgery so they will be used to it xx

Not to be drawn in that department, but it will be the least of your problems during recovery.

Munching well on a Ritz biscuit right now...god they taste soooo good.

Munching well on a Ritz biscuit right now...god they taste soooo good.

oooooh don't, you'll set me off wanting one... :D

Day 14 :eek:

had a swap around as was running late this morning and had no salad left for lunch; so I had 1 egg and a slice of toast for brekkie with my glass of OJ. Cup of tea (cold) at work - full of busy as its me last day;

Lunch - Fruit and fibre; LF Yog; Apple

Tea - tonight I shall be having Gammon, Potato and Veggies.

Hi I have took the kids to a cafe today, they are on teacher training day. I bought a chicken breast from Tesco and asked the cafe for a bit of salad. They were fine about it. They put coleslaw on but I resisted!! Was nice to be out and eating! I imagine post op this can be a bit of a nightmare.

Lordy, someone up there doesn't want me to have this op!

not only is my unwelcome visitor still hanging around, but I have now got a head cold - stuffy sniffy nose and itchy teeth... grrrrrrrr

Yesterday - Day 15
Breakfast Fruit n Fibre, OJ; coffee x3
Lunch - 2 slices cooked ham, mixed salad veg, 2 ryvitas. 1 LF yogurt; 1 piece of fruit; NAS Juice
Tea - 2 sausages, potato cut into wedges and cooked in oven with no fat, tablespoon garden peas.
Supper - Orange

Day 16

planning to have:
Breakfast Fruit n Fibre - OJ, coffee & teas mid morning
Lunch - Tuna salad, LF yogurt, Orange
Tea - Lean loin Pork steak, 1 potato, and mixed vegetables.

Another orange for the Vit C.

Plenty of NAS Juice and water to try to flush out the germs!

Day 17

Almost there....
Going into hospital this afternoon and hopefully I will have my op tomorrow morning.

Breakfast - fruit n fibre, OJ, cup of tea.
Lunch - Chicken breast, Salad and 1 Potato - last meal at home for a while.

I'd say you'll be one of the first in tomorrow. Take a shower as soon as you wake up, as once they surround you - time is of the essance. PS take earplugs, trust me on this one.

Back