• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Skimmed milk powder...

Carre

I was told some good advise and thought I would share, you may already know !!
But I was told that skimmed milk powder is good for protein, mix it in with mash and add to soups and shakes as it don't taste of anything!!!????

I have not tried it yet...... If you have is this right?

This is also on my list from my provider altho it was something that was suggested during liquid and mash stage more so than at the time of being able to eat.

Yes my dietician told me to do the same, and it's right, you can't taste it. Though you might want to mix it up with water before adding to stuff like mash. I have also added it to eggs before scrambling them.

Yes my dietician told me to do the same, and it's right, you can't taste it. Though you might want to mix it up with water before adding to stuff like mash. I have also added it to eggs before scrambling them.

That's a good one thanks xx

I stopped doing it. Stalled for 6 weeks. Once I concentrated on protein again, I started adding a teaspoon to every hot drink I have, and my weight started moving again. Not saying it was just the milk powder. But it does help with protein intake :)

I stopped doing it. Stalled for 6 weeks. Once I concentrated on protein again, I started adding a teaspoon to every hot drink I have, and my weight started moving again. Not saying it was just the milk powder. But it does help with protein intake :)

All good tips, thanks xx

My pleasure chick. It is nice in tomato soup and veg soups too x

Yes, I add it to my porridge in the morning too

Why does skimmed milk powder have more protein in than just ordinary skim milk,silly question I know?

edge said:
Why does skimmed milk powder have more protein in than just ordinary skim milk,silly question I know?

I think it has less cals and fat. But the good protein level. May be wrong lol

Some have added vitamins too. So pack a good punch :)

edge said:
Will have to remember that little tip then.these suggestions are invaluable.

I have used loads of it on hot drinks this week. Lost 2lbs. So whatever it does, it's not harming lol. I use normal milk and 2tsps of dried milk. Very used to it now :)

Hi all, found this thread really helpful, but I struggled to find any powdered skimmed milk in my local Asda. Having asked a member of staff, I was then shown to a section of an isle that was full of baby stuff like Cow&Gate etc. Is this the same type of protein rich milk powder some of you guys use?

The Asda store that I was in today was one of their small branches so I wasn't expecting much. The other milk type powder they had was for tea and coffee making. I'm sure it wasn't this stuff as it was full of chemicals n E numbers.

Please would someone post a brand name for this powder or let me know where it can be purchased from?

Thank you.

In my asda it's over by the tea and coffee, next to the coffee mate. It's in a royal blue tub. It's asda's own make.

You can get Marvel milk powder in most shops. Aldi do a great one. And yes, Asda keep theirs by the tea and coffee. Same as Aldi xxx

Thank you Paula & Fuffs, I'll check out Aldi on Sunday. The Asda local to me is not well stocked at the best of times. It was probably coffemate I was looking at in Asda, I couldn't believe what was in it!
Thanks again

Back