• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sloppie food help

Janeywanttoloosealot

Hi everyone am due to start sloppie food on Tuesday and have no idea what to do. I know about mashed potatoe do i use milk to make it really runny? can i mash Cheese into it? and what else can i have?

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

hi janey
you need to try and increase yout introduction to protiens at this stage there are some good recioies in the sticky section. also try some tinned meats mince and onion, stewed steak etc also fish in sauces. use extra gravy or milk to loosev food if it looks too thick and try one new food at a time
hth
carole

hi ya

i live on sheperds pie, mash patato with soup, smoothies and soft veg that i could mash up and mix through the spuds, patato and beans, anything sof really i also had omlettes which are good for protein and scrambled egg. Im 6 weeks weeks post band had my first fill yesterday not great change in restriction but hopefully with the next one il be on the right track!!!! good luck and if you need any help just shout the girls here are great xxx

Hi everyone thanks for your input much appreciated. What i find hard to get my head around is they say not to take on anything to lumpy as it could get stuck does this mean that you have to gradually stretch the new openings/stomach made so you can take normal food? sorry to sound thick.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

janey its not so much stretching yr pouch but giving yr new opening time to heal. If you eat anything to hard at this stage and it gets caught on the already swollen opening it will cause it to swell more.
i found fish in parsley sauce went down a treat on the mushy stage.

Thanks everybody. For the last week i have been craving chicken tika meat as my husband has it sometimes on a friday any ideas on what to liquidise it with that won't get rid of the taste would love some and at this early stage could i have some plain uncle bens rice remembering am just starting sloppies on wednesday.:eatdrink023:

Did you have a bypass cos i was told to keep away from chicken and rice until 10 weeks post op

I wouldnt risk it this early on Janey. xx

there is a recipe for thai chicken puree that you could adapt and use tikka seasoning instead of cayene and ground corriander, but I wouldn't risk having anything from the chip shop or indian at this early stage even if blended as you don't know the fat/sugar content or even the freshness of the ingredients. Just because you are on puree foods doesn't meani it has to bland and boring have look in the recipe section.

As far as rice goes I would stay away from it even blened as it goes very gluey and would still be hard to digest.
HTH

xXx

Good advice above. Stick to food where you know what the nutritional content is. Whilst there is no need to watch every calorie Victoria Beckahm-style at this stage, the fat, sugar and salt contents are important and it is nutrition you are seeking. I'd be very, very wary of pushing it too hard, too soon.

I found an old post of mine when someone was transitioning that might make it clearer going by my surgeon's instructions (your surgeon's instructions might differ, always follow your own docs instructions)

Here is the break down I was given for after I had completed liquids (2 weeks) and purees (2 weeks):

I was instructed to try each level for a couple of days and stay at that level an extra day or two if I had any trouble with the foods at that level. The whole process should take about a week to two weeks.

Level 1 - Soft Foods
Eggs poached or scambled without any extra liquid
Cottage Cheese
Tender fish (not blended)
Minced meat (made easier with gravy but no blending needed)

Level 2 - Semi-soft foods
Unblended casserole
Slices of tinned meat
Cooked (but unblended) veg
Tinned fruit (unblended)

Level 3- Softer Food into normal
Tender meats
Toasted bread
Raw fruit w/out peel
Regular cereal
Rice
Pasta
Tea & digestive biscuits
Raw Veg
Salad
Leave tougher meats & untoasted bread for the very last

I basically follwed this but did jump ahead on a few items without any problems (I was dying for some salad!).

Remember, chew, eat slowly & only try one new item at a time. If you have a problem try it again in a few days.

Best of luck & good eating!

Nic;)

This is all really interesting. Hope you get on ok with each stage Janey. Not had surgery yet myself. Did someone from the medical team give you advice give you dietry information whilst you were in hospital?

I found an old post of mine when someone was transitioning that might make it clearer going by my surgeon's instructions (your surgeon's instructions might differ, always follow your own docs instructions)

Here is the break down I was given for after I had completed liquids (2 weeks) and purees (2 weeks):

I was instructed to try each level for a couple of days and stay at that level an extra day or two if I had any trouble with the foods at that level. The whole process should take about a week to two weeks.

Level 1 - Soft Foods
Eggs poached or scambled without any extra liquid
Cottage Cheese
Tender fish (not blended)
Minced meat (made easier with gravy but no blending needed)

Level 2 - Semi-soft foods
Unblended casserole
Slices of tinned meat
Cooked (but unblended) veg
Tinned fruit (unblended)

Level 3- Softer Food into normal
Tender meats
Toasted bread
Raw fruit w/out peel
Regular cereal
Rice
Pasta
Tea & digestive biscuits
Raw Veg
Salad
Leave tougher meats & untoasted bread for the very last

I basically follwed this but did jump ahead on a few items without any problems (I was dying for some salad!).

Remember, chew, eat slowly & only try one new item at a time. If you have a problem try it again in a few days.

Best of luck & good eating!

Nic;)

Thankyou so much this is so helpfull a big hug to everyone for their help.:hug99:

Good Luck Janey... we all want to see you do well chick. xxx

john west do a sachet of chicken tikka that mashes down nicely and its low fat. also look at the low fat sandwich fillas.
at this stage i would have it without the rice as the protien is more important for healing.
hth
hc

hiya everybody thought i would give you a quick update on my first day of sloppie food. Well got up late so missed breakfast could get quite used to this lady of leisure business. so my first sloppy food was for lunch a scambeld egg with tomatoe sauce it was fantastic. Sugar free jelly as a snack and for dinner i made homade spag bol sauce made with mince meat, mushrooms, onions, little bit of dolmio light tom sauce,and a small jacket potatoe liquidised yummmmmmmm. It was not as scarry as i thought it would be you just have to listen to the signals when you are full. janey:wave_cry:

Back