• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

slurring of your words

hi im one week post op today and i find im slurring my words alot, has any one else suffering the same, im just having 3 cocodomols a day and find im talking gibbirsh most of the day and ive gone forgetfull any advice wud be great xx

Could be the meds being too strong for you hun......( thinking out loud here btw) try asking your teams advice hun if ur worried xxx

Your bp or sugar may be low,my hubby goes like that but he has heart disease,diabetes and low bp.Get it checked out.Are you eating enough,do you usually have trouble with those pills,can you do without them?

It could be the meds, but any symptoms like this must be taken seriously. Ring NHS direct if in doubt.

Please let us know how you got on.

Hope you are OK just wanted to add that I slurred my words afeter every meal when i was very early post op but for sure get it checked xx

hi everyone, spoke to the sectary and heartlands today and asked to speak to baratric nusre no one avalible that was at 9.30 am she said some one will phone me bk.... still waiting .... i rung at 4... answer phone.... spoke to sectary again and said i find im slurring words and she said she wud speak to someone ..... still waiting...... im ok tho, i do think its the cocodomol, ive only had 2 today and havent spoken to anyone as no one here!!! lol so im talking to my self and i think im ok, but i will phone hospital again tommrow.... must say ive had a much better day today not as tired just could do with some food as soup and yoghrts making me feel sick now , thanks for all ur advice xx

Hope you're ok.
Don't hold your breath waiting for a call back from Heartlands. Their follow up care is poor.
Ring your GP tomorrow if you are still worried.
Take care hun x

Back