• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Smoking and WLS...

Hi,

OK Firstly sorry to sound like a typical Ex-Smoker but for gods sake give up!!!!!!:eek::sign0009:

Now let me explain, I gave up in 2005:angel:. My Mum had previously given up in 2001 and I had tried several times since but in 2004 my Step Mum was diagnosed with Lung Cancer. She had smoked for a long time (she was late 60's) My Dad also smoked and he gave up in 2004.

My stepdad smoked and he died suddenly in 2003 aged 50.

My husband still smokes to this day grrrrrrr and apart from tying him up I know I cannot make him stop.:grumble::flamingmad:

It does make you smell bad:yuk:, when I walk past people that smoke now I can clearly smell it and also if they exhale a lungfull and I walk into the cloud, god does it make me feel ill:sign0137:. My husband is banned to the kitchen (much to his annoyance) however if I had my way it would be the garden in all weathers:rant2:. I hate kissing him when he has just had a 'fag' and usually pull away:ignore:.

To give up (which isn't easy) I used Niquitin CQ Clear. I actually only used them for 3 weeks and as hard as I found it it I was determined to give up. I tried to stick to sugar free lollies which I did.:talk017:

It was only when debt problems reared up in late 2005 that I started to eat uncontrollaby in the evenings picking on sweets etc.

I ended up putting on 4 stone. I do believe now though if I had had counselling and help to give up (i.e. nhs) I might not have put on the weight.:booboo:

It is easy to be addicted we all have addictive personalities but if we can find somthing positive to do ie a hobby, exercise etc then you can do it.:doh: (if only dieting was as easy).

Also if you have a free afternoon volunteer in a hospice or hospital on the cancer ward and believe me it will give you a wake up call. Seeing my stepmum in the hospice 2 days before she died in agony and out of it was horrendous.

Take Care and Give up, I only say it cause I care!!:gen126:

Paula XX

Back