• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Snack tips

lolalou

Hi, does anyone have any snacking tips? Particularly items that don't need refrigerating. I drive long distances and in the past had crisps and chocolate to hand for the car or for the nights in hotels but need some ideas for low fat snacks that I don't need to keep in the fridge to stop me reaching for the crisps!!
Thanks

Its a good idea not to rely on snacks if poss but I now what you mean, I do a lot of driving and staying in hotels with my job too.

I take ready made slim fast to have at lunch then buy salads etc from the supermarket for the evening.

If you do have to snack fruit would be the best option x

Lots of drinks,chopped fruit,almonds,ryvitas spread with peanut butter.You will soon get the hang of it but tbh once you have eaten a meal you wont feel picky inbetween meals!

Alpro soya desserts, delicious and don't need refrigerating :)

Definitely try to have some bottles of water or nas drinks in the car because thirst can be confused with hunger too. I always set off for work with a flask cup of black coffee to keep me going :)

Thanks everyone. I'm doing well so far with the hotel food. Scrambled egg and beans for breakfast despite the delicious looking food. Finding turning desert down difficult. The chef here worked with raymond blanc. There is chocolate mousse with dark chocolate and hazelnut crumb!! ARGH!!! But I have gone for soup and chicken. Might be because im only on night two. By night eleven I might have given in once :-/
My drives of late have been really long so I took some carrot sticks but just wanted a variation. Thanks for the tips. Keep them coming x

Hello
I was gonna suggest carrot sticks,celery,cucumber try low fat humus fruit y not try coconut I no it sound strange but there hard and u really have to chew it!
Instead of crisp like u said u liked y not try prepsals for when u feel like u want somthink extra
Desert try low fat jelly or angel delight to give u a sweet kick dress it up with strawberry, I no this must be hard being in hotel when they have a fan chef. But rember y ur doing this life style change for the new u
I hope I've helped a little. X

Thanks everyone. I'm trying hard, but my brain definately hasn't caught on to the fact that I've had surgery!! I'm sure everyone thinks we have this op and it's easy to decline the lovely food but it's really not!!! I had poached egg and smoked haddock for breakfast and salad from subway for lunch. I'm terrible for snacking at night if I'm not busy which is usually when I'm in hotels, if I'm at home I'd be walking the dog or doing housework. Don't fancy walking round this area on my own at night :) ill get there. I actually feel full after that salad. In the past if I had had the salad I would have had a bag of crisps and bar of choc with it to cancel out the goodness! Not today. :)

Maybe even something like breadsticks, or melba toasts.. They would stave off hunger and give you a little energy also, but just have to watch the carbs with those ones...

Thanks everyone. I'm trying hard, but my brain definately hasn't caught on to the fact that I've had surgery!! I'm sure everyone thinks we have this op and it's easy to decline the lovely food but it's really not!!! I had poached egg and smoked haddock for breakfast and salad from subway for lunch. I'm terrible for snacking at night if I'm not busy which is usually when I'm in hotels, if I'm at home I'd be walking the dog or doing housework. Don't fancy walking round this area on my own at night :) ill get there. I actually feel full after that salad. In the past if I had had the salad I would have had a bag of crisps and bar of choc with it to cancel out the goodness! Not today. :)

Good for you, again I know what you mean - there is nothing worse than sitting in a hotel room by yourself for getting the munchies! Do they have a gym at the hotel? My OH treated me to a portable dvd player so I have in the past taken a work out dvd with me ;)

Mazza I didn't realise how hard this would be in hotels!!!! But that's three nights of the poshest deserts ever that I have passed up. I'm here seventeen nights in total. I'm going to have one one night. That's my compromise. Breakfast is tough. I'll get there though. I won't always be doing this job. I did do a bit of sit ups and excersise in the room but the floor was well creaky. Next door and downstairs must have thought I was having a whale of a time!! X

Back