• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what snacks are you eating (at about 5-6 months or so post op)

Bev

Zoe... I'm not that far down the road, but am enjoying a Babybell light, keeps me out of trouble between meals.... also wondering if you are getting settled in ok and how things are... I know Snack a Jacks can be ok too precious...

Thinking of you, love and hugs xxx

Bev

Are there any healthy nuts or whole food snacks I wonder...

No wonder you feel like snacking love... do hope the move goes ok and keep in touch.

A good question raised here Zoe and one I have been thinking of too.. so let's hope we get loads of ideas.

Good luck love and hope the move goes well xxx

BlueDiamond

Do you like hummus and veggies?? ( carrots/cucumber/celery etc)?? You can get all delicious flavours for hummus :)

Bev

A great idea Julie... I hadn't thought of that but a great snack idea alongside raw carrot etc...

Love and hugs Julie xxx

Bev

I love nuts too Zoe... just buy a smaller bag a snack size and go for the healthy unsalted variety... I've had a few unsalted peanuts today, but I don't keep many of anything in the house, since once they are there, so is the temptation.

Good luck precious xxx

zns

One good thing about having been so ill the last 2 weeks is that as I havent really eaten much my restriction seems better than it was so that might help! In 3 weeks I put on a lb from stress eating, I lost 5lb last week from not eating much!

I could get my husband to ration some nuts and hide the rest so that he leaves me one package a day.

Bev

It's a balancing act for sure... eating enough so you don't go into starvation mode... plus making the right choices....and regulating all of the stress that makes us want to make the wrong choices...

I'd be writing it all down daily Zoe and once you get settled in your new nest, I am truly hoping this settles down for you overall.

Love and hugs precious xxx

Low fat pate on crackers has been a good one for me at times. I love Cheesestrings as much as my 5 year old nephew! I find a small handful of monkey nuts can be good because you have to spend time opening them before you eat.

Like you I do sometimes slip in to eating too much of something and the only way I combat this is to switch my snack food around so I go in a phases of things until I become too reliant on one thing. I hope that makes sense.

Having said that I certainly have more self control and will power than I used to have!
x

Bev

Zoe, I tend to have a luscious looking apple or a piece of fruit... or a banana to curb any desires of the high carb kind... and find these quite filling...

Love and hugs Angel xxx

Big an Bouncy

I read an artical about when you wash potatoes and peel them,let the peelings dry in kitchen paper,squirt with Frylight sprinkle with salt and pop in the oven!Havent tried them myself.You can do the same with chickpeas just chew well like a nut!I like hummus,lf pate or lf philly and melba toasts for a snack.Maz x

Bev

I haven't eaten crisps in a very long time... I don't care for them and I think what put me off was when an uncle of mine was very poorly (bowel cancer) and he told everyone he'd been living on crisps... high salt... oily and no good for you, after this it put me straight off them...

I'm very keen on fresh fruit... used to eat it in addition to the high carbs pre op... but post op... I'm in the fruit basket mostly if I feel like a carb hit!

There are healthy wholefoods and nuts out there though...

Love and hugs xxx

xxsarahxx

Loveing the idea of the potato peelings maz, i'm gonna try that when i've got time and let you know how i get on. Crisps is a week spot for me...i can eat 2 packets at a time and then end up with heartburn as a result of it x

Bev

Sarah, I had heartburn with them too... another reason for taking them off the shopping list... my sister regularly does her own oven sliced potato crisps in dry fry or lite spray in the oven... and she uses them with a dip...

Love and hugs xxx

xxsarahxx

Sarah, I had heartburn with them too... another reason for taking them off the shopping list... my sister regularly does her own oven sliced potato crisps in dry fry or lite spray in the oven... and she uses them with a dip...

Love and hugs xxx
Mmmm they sound lovely bev. Crisps in the walkers variety will be a definite NO im my house after my op....i'm just too greedy with them x