• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So fed up

millyrhys

I M really sorry and I'm so happy for u all who have had great weight loss . I'm fed up and can't see any weight coming off I know it's only early days but some have had massive losses in those early days , my oh says I'm typical me and want instant results lol I had he sleeve done two weeks ago today when I entered hosp I was 20th feb 152 kg when I left 24/2 I was 150.1 then on my scales on 25/2 I was 23st 9 ( i had a spontaneous period ) and ie jumped on today for an unofficial peek cos I'm getting Weighe on a Saturday and I'm 23 st 3 so I work that out to be 6 pound in two weeks (correct me if I'm wrong ) what's getting me is I lost 18 lb in ten days of the milk diet I have lost more on a weekly basis at slimming world but obviously I can't sustain long term weight Loss lol I was 31 at 7 pound in November 2007 so I know to keep 8 stone off is good , oh I dunno maybe I jut need someone to give me a telling off or tell me it's gonna work lol

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Your doing fine hun !!
I lost almost 6 stone pre op and 8lb the first week post op and nothing this week !! we are in this for life so a few weeks here and there is to be expected.
Im desperate to get back to the gym and swimming and that is driving me nuts !!!!
Deep breath hun and have a walk, or change a routine but get on with your new life xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think the reason some people don't loose big numbers in the first couple of weeks is they have lost great amounts on pre op diet so body just adjusting in the first few weeks. Don't worry it will come off :) x

I wanted to lose 5 stone in 5 minutes lol but as you said keeping it off b4 surgery is sooo hard. The sleeve is going to help you do this, slowly and steadily though. You know what its like when all you can think about is one thing, time drags. I have only just stopped obsessing about my weight loss and the days feel a little less longer now. Weight comes off when its ready to and sometimes its not weekly, so keep eating whats on your sheet and you will be a happy loser!:)
Kim

You have to play the long game love. Weight drops off on the pre-op because it's fluid and glycogen stores, post op it's fat. And shifting fat takes time. Lots of people don't lose anything straight after the op due to fluid retention, being full of gas, body wising up and hanging non to every bit of fat for dear life. But eventually, if you follow the rules the weight will shift. Not overnight, not by a miracle and after a few months , not without a lot of effort but it will shift. And when it adds up over the months it adds up to heaps!
Stick with it , I'm sure you will be delighted.
xx

Thanks everyone I know I'm just inpatient lol I need to stop going on the scales I think

I drank more fluid yesterday and today 2lb has gone !!!! Must keep off the scales !!!!!!

Don't worry hun I had very little weight loss for the first month and was posting all the time. I felt that they had not made pouch small enough. It then started to come off. Good luck sweet.x

Thankyou can I ask what op u had magsy and what's your loss so far ?

I had bypass and it was on the 31st October. I have lost 5 stone so far but i am alot older than some people and am unable to do much exercise as i am waiting for knee replacements. I go to the gym but just do upper body work. We are all different and lose at different rates. Its hard not to worry when you hear that some people are losing much greater amounts then you are but you will get there x

It didn't go on overnight it won't come off overnight and don't forget its a big op and you may have fluid retention and swelling.. persevere it will show eventually xxx

Back