• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Soooooo Depressed

Mynewlife

Firstly let me pre-warn you that this is a depressing thread, from a depressed person ----

I am so low, this weekend has been pretty rough to get through, not helped in the least by the fact that I am on day 5 of a 7 day liquid diet (which was imposed on me by the radiologist last wednesday when I had a band adjustment).

I am almost at my one year anniversary (next saturday), and looking back, I think, well I have done ok, I am 4 stone down. But trying to get into each weight bracket has been hard work. I started off as a size 22/24, and even now am a size 20 on the bottom half, which to me is not that great for being at this a year. I am losing hope, maybe its just this liquid diet making me feel so low. I am dispondant at how well others are doing that have had their surgery after me. I have stuck at the 4 stone loss range for going on two months now, and maybe things will start to get back on track now that I have had a band adjustment last week, I hope so, for my mental wellbeing. I am so tired, and lack energy like you wouldnt believe. I was working out at the gym about 5 times a week and now I am down to once in the last 4 days as I just have no energy. I suppose this is to be expected as I am not eating anything really. I suppose the lack of energy could be affecting my depression, but I feel, right now, that I cannot be bothered with this anymore. I am fed up with the fight, and not seeming to get anywhere. I have put myself through a lot to get this far, and hate the plateau phases that I have to go through, I never expected these to be honest and find them harder and harder to cope with.:cry::cry::cry:

I hope my mood will increase, once I start back on food on Wednesday. Sorry if I have brought any of you down to my level, but I just needed to vent, and I think my husband is tired of me taking it out on him:sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh:

MNL

Hi MNL so sorry to hear you are feeling so down. You have done really well four stone is alot to lose so dont beat yourself up everyone is different
It maybe the diet getting you down when you are already fed up but another couple of days and you can eat again. I too will be interested to know why they put you on this liquid diet after an adjustment.
Have you spoken to the dietician about other foods you may try to kick start your weigh loss?? What about good old Protein are you eating enough of that do you think?? do you take vitamins or dont banders need them?? Maybe you need a couple of months of them just to improve your general well being and also iron so as you dont feel so tired.
I am sure there will be others along on bands who can be more helpful knowing how they work for them.
Just wanted to let you know I was sorry about your upset, and hope you improve soon.
Keep your chin u

Jay xx

:bliss:how about looking at it slightly differently mnl if you had a magic wand or a "tardis" you can tell i love dr who, and you went back in time and someone said you would be "4 stone"WOW lighter in 2009 than you were in 2008 how would you feel!!!! pretty damn good i bet dont judge yourself on others we are all different and thats what makes us sooooooooo speeecccial cheer up and heres to losing another 3 stone for 2010!!!!! xxheather

ive never heard of any one being on 7 days liquid after a fill that in my opinion is way to long, no wonder your feeling the way you do, ive always went back on to normal foods the day after a fill. i think maybe your ready to try some soft food, your surgeon is harsh, i think you will be fine to try some soft food now and you will feel alot better quickly.

liz x

Hiya
I dont know why I have to do the liquid diet for 7 days. In all my previous band adjustments, which were done in an office setting, it was 3 days liquid diet, 3 days mushy food, then the 7th day back to a normal diet. This band fill, was the first one done on the NHS, and under xray conditions. The radiologist, and the paperwork that I received for the appointment, said no food for 7 days :wave_cry:. I am finding it really hard, especially with others eating around me, and being so tired does not help. I feel I just want to sleep all the time. I do normally take a multivitamin, and was taking protein shakes, but have not had any protein shakes for a while, so might start those again. I have had an adjustment to my exercise routine, and got a new programe to do at the gym about a month ago, that was based on toning with low weights. I am seriously frustrated at being a size 20 on the bottom half, I am depressed that I cannot get out of the 14 stone range. Every weight range seems to take longer to get out of and takes harder work. Sorry to be so negative, I am sure things will improve and come tomorrow, will wonder why I was in this mood in the first place, I hope so anyway. Thank you for your comments and support.:wave_cry:
MNL

hi MNL all my fills with both bands have all been done under xray, each time i only do liquids the same day and back to normal eating/experimenting with different foods the next day x

I'm so sorry you're feeling depressed sweetheart. I only had to do 2 days liquids,2 days mushy/soft and then back to normal foods. 7 days of liquids again sounds a bit extreme to me.I hope you start to feel better soon and hopefully kick the weight loss into gear again.

I think I am probably a bit paranoid, that if I dont follow their rules, I will get ill. I have made myself some homemade vegetable soup that i have blitzed down to a very fine consistency, almost a thin liquid, so will have that for my evening meal,and maybe the vegetables in that will help boost me a little. Thanks for the help.
MNL:wave_cry:

you cant get ill trying different foods after a fill at the very most you would vomit if the food was eaten to quickly xxx

i hope you feel better soon x

Hope you feel better soon x

I would have some mash and gravy if I were you, that is not going to make you ill and at least make you feel semi-human again.

Or mash and grated cheese.

How many calories a day do you think you are consuming? You need at least 800 not to go into starvation mode.

Hiya cazbandy
Since the band adjustment last week, I think that it would be a push to say I have been having 800 calories a day. Which is probably why I am so tired at the moment. I do feel, mentally better since putting my feelings down on this thread, it has helped. Got to stop feeling so sorry for myself:wave_cry:.
Thanks to all you ladies for the support, I wouldnt know what to do if I hadnt found this site. Poor old hubby goes through hell with me, so it helps to talk to others that undersand where I am coming from.

MNL

No wonder you feel pants, what stage do they expect you to go onto next???

Please, stop worrying and I would feel like ***** too so don't say you are feeling sorry for yourself.

I'd have gone back to normal food days ago.

I Agree with caz try some mash and gravy hun, you will feel loads better x

I have had some home made soup, and a chat with the old man, plus confiding in my minimins pals has really helped. I think I am ok for today, and may try some mash tomorrow. Gonna go and have a nice soak in a nice hot bath.

thanks

MNL:eek:

enjoy your soak hun, tomorrow shall be a better day xxx

Hi, MNL,
I can't fully appreciate how you feel because I am pre-op (and waiting for a bypass).
BUT, you are more than half way - 4 stone lost, 3 to go. You have done so well. I can't imagine that every day before your surgery was a breeze. Stay strong. I'm sure this dark time will pass. Take advice from your post-op minis friends. I hope you are feeling brighter soon. Take Care xxxxx

hey there - sorry to hear you're feelin low......hope you feel brighter soon

but - just wanted to say WELL DONE on your fantastic FOUR STONE loss so far :eek:

brilliant !!!!

please try not to compare yourself with others....we are all different....you have done really well :D

keep up the great work !

and don't forget to keep us posted.....

Debz xx

Back