• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Soooooo Depressed

the lipotrimmers are on 425 cals a day with no surgery - get over it and move on - 4 stone is a great achievment well done

the lipotrimmers are on 425 cals a day with no surgery - get over it and move on - 4 stone is a great achievment well done

I don't think MNL was complaining because she was only getting around 800 cals per day....when you first have a band fitted or have just had a fill done, it is physically impossible at times to eat enough to get the required daily calories that should be taken in.

I agree though that she has done fantastic with her WL so far :)

the lipotrimmers are on 425 cals a day with no surgery - get over it and move on

banders are completley diff to these faddy pointless diets, bit of an unsuportive comment there id say. :mad:

No wonder you feel so down. It's good to share your thoughts though so keep sharing. That's what this site is all about! Look after yourself. x x x

Thats a shocking comment. This is a SUPPORT forum.

Sorry you are feeling down MNL. I too am feeling very low at the minute so can empathise.

Agree with the others though. 4 stones loss in a year is awesome hun. Hopefully your latest fill will help the weight loss. Keep up the great work xx

banders are completley diff to these faddy pointless diets, bit of an unsuportive comment there id say. :mad:

I thought that comment was a bit off too Liz, no need for that. Thank you for coming to my defence on this.

MNL

I meant the munchie post Liz, not yours, you are always so supportive.
MNL

I thought that comment was a bit off too Liz, no need for that. Thank you for coming to my defence on this.

MNL

I meant the munchie post Liz, not yours, you are always so supportive.
MNL

thats ok MNL no one knows what life is like as a bander until they actually become one, we are all here to help you through this difficult patch hun, and you know who your true freinds are on here.:hug99:

Just wanted to wade in here even though I am not a bander, hope that is okay with you. Well done on your losses so far hun. It does seem like you might have put your body into starvation with the strict liquid diet. I took a peak at what you posted recently about what you ate and have to say you really didn't have much nutritional value fuel going in (oasis punch=sugar, McD milkshake=lots of sugar & fat), very little protein so you would be very tired. I would agree with the bander ladies (you ladies rock for advice) and try to get your food value up so you can get your energy back.

I wish you all the best and hope that tomorrow finds your ready to conquer those next pounds!!

Nic:D

As for that other poster, please understand that we all are here for each other and don't take kindly to people being rude. Posts have a 'tone' and if it is not supportive or helpful please don't bother.

As for that other poster, please understand that we all are here for each other and don't take kindly to people being rude. Posts have a 'tone' and if it is not supportive or helpful please don't bother.

exactly nic i agree, people should not put comments on such as that especially if this isnt there section on the forum, if that person is looking towards having wls then they sure would have to learn the hard way :mad:

Nic & Liz...well said...that reply sure got my hackles up :mad: and was uncalled for....they have no right to judge :nono:

what that person doesn't realize is that the liquid diets, although vlc (usually around 450-500cals/day) are nutritionally balanced with nothing but willpower required to use them (speaking from personal experience) and cannot be compared to WLS (again, personal experience) which need a lot of willpower, nutritional know how (which involves trial and error along the way) and am I allowed to say sheer bravery for taking such a drastic, permanent, and very last option in what has usually been a very, very long WL journey.

rant over.

OMG - MNL I hope you feel better soon, Im sure you will when you are back onto 'food'. Comments like this however well meant certainly dont help when you are feeling down.

Take care - Maz x

Hiya
Just wanted to let those who posted positive caring responses to this thread (that would exclude munchies), that I am feeling loads better today. I decided that 5 days was plenty on a liquid diet, and started back on a sort of semi mushy diet today.

My new favourite thing is greek 0% yoghurt, with a few soft raspberries and a drizzle of honey, yummy.
take care all and thanks once again,
MNL;)

Back