• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SRH, ENDOSCOPY???

laurajlucy

What happens? Do you get weighed?? xx

Oh I hope not for your sake kellie, good luck xxx

Im not too worried actually. I was back to surgeon appointment weight yesterday. 2lb on today but apart from exercise I can't change it. I started the milk diet yesterday and this drastic weight loss seems to have kick started my periods, which have been non-existant for over 5 years due to weight/implanon. So I have five years of blood working it's way through lol. Sorry if that's too much info xxxx

Oh no poor you :( I'm on the middle of my menopause and haven't had a period for about 18 months, I hope I don't get them again :(
Good luck :) x

Laura,

I was weighed the day of my endoscopy but since you are at the weight recommended I wouldnt worry, plus you do put weight on before a period because you reatin water. You may loose more weight on the day and if they weight you it will be on bariatric scales, which is the weight they go by as they are more accurate. I was weighed because I had fallen short at the consultant stage and by the time I had my endoscopy I had lost 5kg, 2kg over the recommended weight loss. Good luck hun xx

im there on the 29th of this month, im dreading it. good luck with yours xxx

at my endoscopy i was weighed first to check i hadnt gained. i was under my set goal but was told try harder hmmm then i had camera down. went for the spray first rather than the med.. was not nice experience wasnt so much painful it was more embarrasing as i cudnt stop belching in poor mans face lol but he said it was normal as they pump you with air. all over in 3 -5 mins and i was totally recovered , had to sit few mins then i was told i could go. hope all goes well . try not to worry i know easier said than done . xx

i wasnt weighd as mine but i was told firmly to loose more weight lol
i burped all the time they were doing mine along with retching, it carnt be helped x

I was weighed when I went for my endoscopy, they want to make sure you haven't put weight on but you should be fine. I had 2 endoscopy's because they foumd ulcers the first time. I would recommend you get sedated as I did the first time but the second time I didn't and it wasn't a nice experience, Good Luck, Karen x

at my endoscopy i was weighed first to check i hadnt gained. i was under my set goal but was told try harder hmmm then i had camera down. went for the spray first rather than the med.. was not nice experience wasnt so much painful it was more embarrasing as i cudnt stop belching in poor mans face lol but he said it was normal as they pump you with air. all over in 3 -5 mins and i was totally recovered , had to sit few mins then i was told i could go. hope all goes well . try not to worry i know easier said than done . xx
Even though you were under goal, had you gained since your last appoinment?? xx

I've got my endoscopy this Wednesday and I'm dreading it too. I've not been able to decide between sedation or not but having read the previous post I think I'll have it.

My letter from the Whittington only says they check blood pressure so I'm hoping not for a weigh in or else I could be in trouble.

Good Luck hun xxx

Yes I got weighed I new I had gained a few pounds but there scales showed me as exactly the same as before phew!!
I wouldn't worry too much I think the odd pound you will get away with especially if your having a period. I went fir sedation but to be honest can't say it done anything for me and it was all over un a few mins. No where near as bad as I thought it wud be, not pleasant but not painful. Small price to pay to get to the next step. Good luck x

Hi Kellie. I was weighed at endoscopy at had met target. I couldn't decide whether to have spray or sedation and opted for spray. I wretched all the way through it but just kept thinking to focus on breathing through my nose. it is really quick though and the nurses were lovely. just don't over think it! I'm not sure if it would have been any easier with the sedation or not, but if you really struggle they will stop and give you sedation.

it's not painful, just uncomfortable. be over in a flash though!

Good luck ! xxx

What happens? Do you get weighed?? xx

hi, i had mine done on the 2nd september and yes they did weight me, only had to stay the same i had only lost 2 but it was still a loss, good luck hun x

Hi Alison. Did they tell you any results there and then, or if you're now on the op waiting list, or do you have to wait?
Hi Jema Mr Balupuri did tell me there and then that everything was fine and that I was now on the waiting list. he said before he started that the scope was for his benefit to see where the staples would go. They also take a biopsy while they are down there and the results get sent to your gp. I had h.pylori which is quite common apparently and needed a course of 2 antibiotics for a week but was nothing to worry about.

I'm sure all will be fine.

Lynne
xxx

I found out on Friday that I've got my endoscapy on 27th, I'm excited but not looking forward to it. I have no choice but to choose the throat spray as hubby cannot drive and we will be travelling from Teesside:rolleyes:. Its not so bad though, as at least I'm another step closer to a new life. :D

Back