• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

St Richards Chichester

Twix888

Hi All was just wondering if anyone knows how long it normally takes from doctor sending referral letter to St Richards and first appointment.:talk017:

Hi I waited 8 weeks for my appointment letter from St Richards. I think they are on a go slow at the mo as I have got 2 friends who have been waiting 10 weeks so far.

Thanks Emma was hoping it was quicker time is dragging so much. It has only been 4 weeks and I’m looking out for the postman every day.
Will try to relax and not grab the letters out of his hand as he pushes them thru my letterbox :).
Was your appointment quick once you got it?

Aww bless - I know how nerve racking it can be. I think I waited another 6 weeks from when I got the letter for the assessment. After the assessment though its so quick - I found out my surgery date 6 days later and had my surgery 3 and a half weeks after that. x

My doctor sent the referral to st Richards mid April, mid May I had a letter and really long questionnaire to fill in, about 12 pages with a 5 day fodd diary to fill in. I had to get his back to them by 8th June. My appointment letter then came dated 3/07/12 for my day long appointment on 21st Sept. hope this helps answer your question as its current, it just feels like forever waiting:)

When I rang the hospital when I was choosing where to go the secretary told me they are working on 18 weeks from when they recieve the questionaire back, so I am expecting my op end Oct ish.

Last edited:
got funding march i returned questionnaire in april got letter in june for 1st appointment for august 31st! due there tomorrow at 9.30 !! aaghhh soooo excited and nervous! lol

Taryntula said:
My doctor sent the referral to st Richards mid April, mid May I had a letter and really long questionnaire to fill in, about 12 pages with a 5 day fodd diary to fill in. I had to get his back to them by 8th June. My appointment letter then came dated 3/07/12 for my day long appointment on 21st Sept. hope this helps answer your question as its current, it just feels like forever waiting:)

When I rang the hospital when I was choosing where to go the secretary told me they are working on 18 weeks from when they recieve the questionaire back, so I am expecting my op end Oct ish.

Hi taryntula!
Just seen this thread... How did your day long appointment go? (21sep?) did you find out about your surgery on the day?
Hope it went well!
Bex x

Hi Bex, sorry only just noticed your message. The day went well, very long 12 hours in all with the journey there and back too. Saw everyone though, nurse, dietician, psychologist, consultant etc. they declared me fit for surgery and have put me on the list for the bypass as I requested. Consultant said should be done this Autumn :) just waiting for my call for pre op appointment now and then surgery date. Can't wait!
How are you doing?
R x

Congratulations Taryntula, won't be long now and you will get fantastic care at St.Richards :) x

Hi Bex, sorry only just noticed your message. The day went well, very long 12 hours in all with the journey there and back too. Saw everyone though, nurse, dietician, psychologist, consultant etc. they declared me fit for surgery and have put me on the list for the bypass as I requested. Consultant said should be done this Autumn :) just waiting for my call for pre op appointment now and then surgery date. Can't wait!
How are you doing?
R x

Hiya
I've not been on here for a while. How are you getting on?
I've finally got my assessment day through for 1 feb- I'm very excited but bit worried as put on half a stone since funding was agreed.

Have you had your op yet?

Xx

got funding march i returned questionnaire in april got letter in june for 1st appointment for august 31st! due there tomorrow at 9.30 !! aaghhh soooo excited and nervous! lol

Hiya!

Any news with your op yet? Hoping for you that it's been done by now?!

X

Hi

I have my first appointment at Chichester tomorrow. I gather this is an assessment? Do I then have a pre-op and then the operation?

How long is everyone waiting from 1st appointment to actual op? Is it the 18 weeks?

Thanks for any info and if anyone has any valid questions I should be asking I'd be very grateful to have them.

I'm so excited and so nervous

xx

I'm not sure with the NHS but hopefully someone who knows will come along but I will say the St. Richards is fantastic and you will get the best care :) Best of luck.

First appointment is your MDT, its a long day where you are assessed by the team. Yes, you will have a pre op about 3 weeks before your op, and yes they do work to an 18 week max target from MDT. I was exactly 18 weeks, but others were less (12 weeks).

Back