• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

St richards surgery dates

bubbaloo82

Wondering if anyone has there surgery date an was willing 2 share... :) I'm still waitin but would love 2 hear from everyone x

i had mine done 16 days ago there, they are lovely. hope you dont have to wait long xx

hi.. funky24! thank u for replyin :)

how r u gettin on?

If u dont mind me askin... 'how long have u had 2 wait' i sound so impatient dont i im just wishin the days away.

x jo x

Hi Funky24 and I had our op he same day. Where are you in the process and where in Kent are you?

For me, funding applied for at begining of April, funding approved at the end of May, had my MDT middle of October, and waited exactly 18 weeks for the op

Hi im currently waitin for a date for op...an from a little town near Dover! u know it? :)

How long before the op did u have the date...thats the bit i cant bear is the not knowin i just want something 2 count down 2... if u know what i mean :)

I see your doin very well... big smiles well done!

x jo x

I do know Dover, lol. I got my date 5 weeks in advance. They will phone you with your pre op appointment date and the date of your op. I believe they have a maximum wait of 18 weeks, but a girl I know had it in 11 weeks.

lol everyones heard/knows of dover i live about 15miles away...

Ive been waitin 5 weeks so far... an its drivin me nuts lol every phone call im on it like its the 1! :s

how long was u in hospital? is it painful after... able 2 get back 2 normal everyday life (have 3 children) just seein how much help ill need :) hope u dont mind all the questions

x jo x

hiya hun, i had my first appointment august 31st, then waited 45 days and got the call offering me october 24th for pre op, and november 13th for op, so the wait from my appointment was 45 days til the call , ( then that got cancelled as i got taken to hospital ) thats why my new date was 19th feb. It shouldnt take to long now if you been waiting 5 weeks :) I feel pretty good thanks, lost a stone in 13 days lol! no problems with any foods yet all going down well, its alot to adjust to but im getting there, as for pain and stuff, i had a double op so was pretty sore, but i took co codamol first night at home then the odd paracetamol but not needed them much, just take your time and listen to your body xxx

Tomorrow I will be a week post bypass at st Richards I had my MDT on 2nd of November and my op on 2nd march. I have 3 kids and a job. Today is the first day I feel pretty good, it's taking time to up my food and fluid in take to the right amount but it's growing everyday. The day if the op when I woke up I personally was in a lot of pain from the air they pump inside of you, ( not everyone has this) but the next day that had gone and I was just a bit stiff and bruised. By day two I was only taking paracetamol for pain and I now haven't need that for three days. The main thing that I found was the tiered ness. My wonderful husband has been picking the kids up and running around with them but I do feel I'm ready to start getting back to normal. One more week off work and then I will be ready. I hope it all happens quick for you, waiting is so frustrating. X

Mine was private so I was in a out in about 3 weeks . Had my 2 yr anniversary this week . I have been told they try to turn you around in 18 weeks . Just didn't want to read & run x

The waiting is AWFUL, but your day will come. I waited 13 weeks for the call. I was in hospital for 54 hours. The pain isn't exactly a walk in the park, but it is very manageable. I was very sore and felt painfully bloated for the first 3 days, then the next 3 I felt very weak. After day 7 I began to feel more like myself, and now on day 17 I feel normal. But still get tired easily. Eating can be trial and error, I've had few problems, but its a bit like Russian roulette every time you put something new in your mouth, ha ha. You may need a bit of help for at least a week if not two.

Hi, I had my first appointment on 18th Jan at St Richards and got a phone on 19th Feb to let me know that my pre op app would be 27th March and bypass on 17th April. The wait wasn't too long, but it did feel like forever and I kept watching my mobile for the call!
I live in Folkestone, so not too far away from you.
Hope you hear soon
X

redorlando u had your first appointment on my birthday :) and your call on my op date and your pre op is day before my 6 wk check hehe :) xx

How weird is that!!!
How are you doing ? I'm getting a little anxious about the op, but at the same time really excited and want it over and done with now.
X

hehe strange :) Im doing good thankyou, had no problem with any foods, it is alot to get ya head around but i think im doing well.....got weighed 13 days out and was down 14lb, getting about bit better now, upping the walking etc still get tired but its improving :) i can totally relate to that feeling the wait does make you anxious and you know your ready to just get started lol ! :) xx

Hi guys,
I live in Folkestone too and had my op end of November, my MDT day was 21st Sept, pre op 17th nov and op on the 27th nov. so it wasn't too long I had to wait, I had Chris Pring do mine he was fabulous and I felt ok right from the start just a bit sleepy.
Was nervous about food to start with but I'm fine with most things, I just keep an eye on fat and sugar, she says sitting here eating a couple of Haribo jellies :)
I have a friend here who went for MDT early feb and is awaiting her op date too, I remember it felt like forever waiting!

Funky and fj your doing great good to see you're both doing fine :)

hi im under st richards and am now just begining my wait i had app with mr slater 22nd march funding applied 25th march and approval letter came thru yesterday , im thinking in my head 18 weeks wait then if it quicker all the bettr, i live in chichester which makes things alot easier

My assessment day was 25 th of jan I had my call about 3 weeks ago got my pre op this week the 19th then my op on may 11th at st Richards x

Hiya

I posted on here a little while ago my dates from start to finish if you search it- might help?

My pre op is on 17 April and band on 4 may- yippee!! :)

I'm from Dartford and I know your neck of the woods very well :)

Hope you find out soon!
Xx

Hiya

I posted on here a little while ago my dates from start to finish if you search it- might help?

My pre op is on 17 April and band on 4 may- yippee!! :)

I'm from Dartford and I know your neck of the woods very well :)

Hope you find out soon!
Xx

Hi lovely

Finally have my date... Well had it a couple of weeks now.... on a count down.... Massive cross off sheet on fridge :s 54 days (8th June)

I wish u all the best an keep us updated :)

X jo X

Back